Out of Town - Washington Capitals Stanley Cup Champions! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My father and brother both hunt moose every year so we always have half a moose in the freezer, on top of fishes that we also fish ourselves, wild geese that he also hunts and veal that we get from an uncle who raises them in his farm (he has some Angus ones). I believe my father mostly eats moose meat (in all red meats) nowadays. Pork is probably the cheapest meat in Quebec though..

Angus veal? Do you know if any of this game meat is readily available from a farmer?

If someone doesn't hunt, where can he find a half moose for his freezer? I'm intrigued.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
More importantly, having someone who thinks developing players is part of his job.

I don't disagree, however, the reference was about players who are at the NHL level already and won't ever be playing for The Rocket. Bouchard will never be in a position to help these players.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I grew up with it, I lived organically before it ever became a buzzword. We had mostly roasts but also enjoyed it in a preserved manner ie bottled boiled and preserved for 3-4 hours and trust me, you have never tasted a better quality meat in this world. I have never not enjoyed moose meat.

OK, that's it. You're getting me hungry. I need to find this stuff for my freezer and it can't wait, lol.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Same as me and it continues to this day and I don't see it changing any time soon. There's always moose meat in the freezer here. I don't eat it as much as I did back in the 80's or 90's but I still love it. We also use to preserve it in bottles (some used cans) but I think that's a common practice all over Newfoundland. We have a couple of licenses for this fall so hopefully we can bag at least 1 moose. Must have some moose in the freezer for the winter. :)

I'm not really sure how long ago this was but I believe it was 3 or 4 years ago and I got this story from a friend who was also in the same area so I assume it's accurate. Anyway a current Boston Bruin who wears #63 and likes to lick people :) was in Newfoundland moose hunting before training camp in an area where many locals here also hunt and he was flown into the back country where he killed a moose. Unfortunately for him the helicopter or float plane couldn't get back soon enough due to bad weather and apparently his moose spoiled which was very unfortunate.

OK, we're definitely doing a shed party in Newfoundland next year. I'm hoping for unlimited lobster and moose. Let's get this organized. It's your fault, you're making it sound too good to pass up. :)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I make a distinction between the organization and this regime.

If I just started focusing on this regime, I'd lose it. And would promptly look for another team to follow.

However, regimes are temporary. The club is permanent.

No matter what this regime does, one day they'll be replaced by better. Why? Cause we can'get any worse, we've reached rock bottom.

So, if Galchenyuk is traded, I care. I wish the player well, however, I won't focus on how it may or may not benefit this regime. I don't want this club shortchanged cause then it's going to cost us down the line, to replace that asset and we may never make up for the shortfall.
Kind of how I see it. As fans, most of us have been wearing the CH long before anyone on its current payroll came onboard, and we'll still be wearing it after they leave. The GM, the coaches, even the players -- they're all temp employees. The only life-appointees of the Habs are us idiots.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
My father and brother both hunt moose every year so we always have half a moose in the freezer, on top of fishes that we also fish ourselves, wild geese that he also hunts and veal that we get from an uncle who raises them in his farm (he has some Angus ones). I believe my father mostly eats moose meat (in all red meats) nowadays. Pork is probably the cheapest meat in Quebec though..

See, this is what I like about you Canadians, one can discuss Nietzsche, Descartes, film noir, hockey and the best moose recipes. Could never do that with Americans.

:cool:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

puke.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: "Alzner left the Caps for the Habs because he wants to win":biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
More importantly, having someone who thinks developing players is part of his job.
"this is not a development league" cant recall which one of the foxhole buddies spit that one out.................only to later tell everyone at the year end presser that "Michelle and I learned alot this year" Apparently it is "not a development league" for players but it is for piss poor coaches and brainless GMs. :sarcasm:

you cant write this stuff

Last edited:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Eller has topped out at 38 points this past season; before that his best was 30 pts five years ago. Being 'on-pace-for' is not the same as actually getting the points. Once again, you can play the 'should've/could've/would've' game all day, but 50-point Eller does not exist in real life.

Also, I have no idea who "You guys" are, but kindly remove me from whatever group you imagine me in.

So we can just disregard the fact they only played half a season?

So in your opinion was he less or more likely to get 10 more points with an extra 36 games(vs the 30pts in 46 he accomplished) in that season to hit 40 points like all the praise Danault got while playing with radulov and max? Its very disingenuous to flippantly dismiss that season like he wouldn't have even gotten to the 38 he had this season. Nevermind the revolving door of AHL that played as his wingers, in the seasons that they didn't jerk him around and move him to wing. Which we all know he played much worse at than center, and his stat back this up. The Eye Test even more! DLR first game Eller moved to his wing.

Last edited:

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Sorry, no. When someone brings up William Karlsson in a conversation about Eller, they're the ones attempting to link the two. If Karlsson's name wasn't used as a yardstick for Eller, what was the point in referencing him? You can't namedrop and then act demur when the comparison doesn't fit.
MAYBE because he was playing on third line. YOU KNOW like the line that eller plays on. Again it is you inferring he would get 40+ goals. We only said he would have done better with more opportunity. Much like Karlsson. If you can't see the difference then I can't explain it to you. The comparison is a 3rd liner being given a proper shot. Much like Eller putting up good numbers on the Caps top line. It isn't always a direct point for point comparison.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'm a Habs fan first and foremost and then individual players follow. As much as I don't want to see Galchenyuk traded, I also would hate to get shortchanged if we do.

MB or whoever from ownership wants him gone? No problem. But get it right.

They haven't exactly escalated Galchenyuk's value with the "not a centre" label, the haphazard deployments, the comparatively low TOI, the comments in the media, ad nauseam. Bergevin really has done everything possible to diminish his value.

I'm not at all optimistic that the return will be applaudable; I think it will be rather disappointing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They haven't exactly escalated Galchenyuk's value with the "not a centre" label, the haphazard deployments, the comparatively low TOI, the comments in the media, ad nauseam. Bergevin really has done everything possible to diminish his value.

I'm not at all optimistic that the return will be applaudable; I think it will be rather disappointing.

Plus the dumb Mario Tremblay comments.
puke.gif

I'm hoping Galchenyuk lasts long enough until a new GM comes in. I don't believe in miracles but it would be the best possible outcome, traded or not.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
puke.gif

I'm hoping Galchenyuk lasts long enough until a new GM comes in. I don't believe in miracles but it would be the best possible outcome, traded or not.

Can't get enough of that puke gif R77. Cracks me up everyevery time. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Same here, during the hunting season you can buy it in grocery stores but since hunting is so big in Sweden you always know a guy or a gal that's hunting. I wonder if I can find it online here in the US, I mean they can transport it like they do with those Omaha Steaks? The hardest thing to get is the filet, because hunters usually keep that for themselves but a filet mignon with moose meat is beyond orgasmic!
I doubt that you will be able to find it here online, so many regulations when it comes to meat, my favourite way to enjoy it now is to slow cook it for hours with onions and different spices, such a great sandwich meat when left over as well, cheers.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
So we can just disregard the fact they only played half a season?

So in your opinion was he less or more likely to get 10 more points with an extra 36 games(vs the 30pts in 46 he accomplished) in that season to hit 40 points like all the praise Danault got while playing with radulov and max? Its very disingenuous to flippantly dismiss that season like he wouldn't have even gotten to the 38 he had this season. Nevermind the revolving door of AHL that played as his wingers, in the seasons that they didn't jerk him around and move him to wing. Which we all know he played much worse at than center, and his stat back this up. The Eye Test even more! DLR first game Eller moved to his wing.

Yes, there are many reasons why Eller hasn't scored 50 pts. in the NHL. One of those reasons is he hasn't been good enough. If he ever does put up those numbers I'll be happy for him, however that hasn't happened yet. Right now all I hear are excuses.

MAYBE because he was playing on third line. YOU KNOW like the line that eller plays on. Again it is you inferring he would get 40+ goals. We only said he would have done better with more opportunity. Much like Karlsson. If you can't see the difference then I can't explain it to you. The comparison is a 3rd liner being given a proper shot. Much like Eller putting up good numbers on the Caps top line. It isn't always a direct point for point comparison.

Had William Karlsson not scored 43 goals his name wouldn't be mentioned here, and you wouldn't be pretending that his output wasn't being mentioned as an opportunity-ceiling for Lars Eller. Of course that was the intent. Karlsson entered this conversation because of his elite scoring, not his hair. It was just a bad comparison, and the people who originally brought it up dropped it because their linking of Karlsson & Eller was silly. The notion that Eller and a 40+ goal season is separated by opportunity is... farfetched.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
puke.gif

The best possible out come for Gachenyuk? Getting the hell out of Montreal. Did wonders for the careers of Elar, Smith Pelly, Subban, Andrighetto, Patterson, Sergachev, and Gallant.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
puke.gif

Does Tremblay have any credibility left at all? Between his ravings on AC and his pathetically hateful Mel Gibson impersonation, I can't imagine many taking him seriously at all.

I'd frankly be surprised if Chucky is still a Hab when the season starts. Outside of his draft day, Bergevin hasn't really appeared enamored with the player.

We know he personally wanted Morgan Rielly and likely regrets allowing Timmins to make this pick. The questionable useage of Galchenyuk over the years would seem to support this.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Does Tremblay have any credibility left at all? Between his ravings on AC and his pathetically hateful Mel Gibson impersonation, I can't imagine many taking him seriously at all.

I'd frankly be surprised if Chucky is still a Hab when the season starts. Outside of his draft day, Bergevin hasn't really appeared enamored with the player.

We know he personally wanted Morgan Rielly and likely regrets allowing Timmins to make this pick. The questionable useage of Galchenyuk over the years would seem to support this.

He’s a self untitled drunk with a god complex who chased one of the best goaltenders to ever play out of town. Did people ever take him seriously?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He’s a self untitled drunk with a god complex who chased one of the best goaltenders to ever play out of town. Did people ever take him seriously?

I'm pretty sure people do. I keep hearing stuff that people take from the Antichambre show.. and I'm like :facepalm:

I guess some people still like him because he was part of those winning times

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

There are always people who side with management regardless of the circumstances, even years after the fact, particularly when they share common opinions.

Tremblay was a fine hockey player, but was a crappy coach and a crappier human being.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
There are always people who side with management regardless of the circumstances, even years after the fact, particularly when they share common opinions.

Tremblay was a fine hockey player, but was a crappy coach and a crappier human being.

If he was just a crappy coach, I wouldn’t care. But he’s the epitome of a bad human being.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Never had much game meat until I moved to Vancouver Island years ago. No moose, but the best deer and elk meat I've ever had. Made friends with some local whose wife was a master cook. She knew dozens of recipes, all delicious. One was deer meat in a cream sauce, man I can still taste it and that was 20 years ago. They tried to bring moose to the island once, but they all swam back to the mainland, or so I heard. And I'm not even going to start on the fish and seafood. Man I miss that place. :(

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Yes, there are many reasons why Eller hasn't scored 50 pts. in the NHL. One of those reasons is he hasn't been good enough. If he ever does put up those numbers I'll be happy for him, however that hasn't happened yet. Right now all I hear are excuses.

Had William Karlsson not scored 43 goals his name wouldn't be mentioned here, and you wouldn't be pretending that his output wasn't being mentioned as an opportunity-ceiling for Lars Eller. Of course that was the intent. Karlsson entered this conversation because of his elite scoring, not his hair. It was just a bad comparison, and the people who originally brought it up dropped it because their linking of Karlsson & Eller was silly. The notion that Eller and a 40+ goal season is separated by opportunity is... farfetched.
So you are inferring that what I said isn't what i said. Try stepping bacvk and reading what I said. Becasue you got it all wrong. At no point did I suggest, infer, or say that eller would score 40+ goals. THAT IS ENTIRELY IN YOUR MIND. Now kindly shove off if you keep trying to put words into my mouth. 2nd line center potential which is what I did SAY, is not saying he has the same potential as 1st line 40+goals. You are making this shit up. So just stop.

Strawman arguments aren't usually worth responding to. If you are saying it is someone else, maybe you have a point. I have not said what you imply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad