League News: Out of Town Scoreboard (Metrosectional Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I like Buffalo's end of the deal better but given the timing that should be expected. NYI jumped the gun a bit and their season could go either way. They still need a goaltender and better D depth to be contenders this year. I like their forwards a lot but who knows how they'll fare overall through the grind of the season. Visnovsky's a big injury.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Interesting trade.

Not a whole lot going to Buffalo but a whole lot coming from New York. I thought Moulson was one of their big pieces, and obviously he doesn't have much value to the Sabres.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I like Buffalo's end of the deal better but given the timing that should be expected. NYI jumped the gun a bit and their season could go either way. They still need a goaltender and better D depth to be contenders this year. I like their forwards a lot but who knows how they'll fare overall through the grind of the season. Visnovsky's a big injury.

Nothing to stop them from flipping him at the deadline (right?) if things don't work out. I can see them getting a first and second right back for him (obviously they'd be from a playoff team and worse picks than they gave up at that point, but it's still not much of a price to pay).

Halpysback*

Take Brooks Laich, kill off any intangibles he has outside the hash marks while tripling his scoring ability from inside the hash marks and you get Matt Moulson. If he was off Tavares's line and on any line where he needed to carry the play to the extent your average well rounded hockey player does he wasn't much more than a salary dump for them. Given that Vanek was gonna take his place there anyway the Islanders didn't lose anything by giving him up.

Wish GMGM would have the balls to trade our top line stat who**. Oh well.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Take Brooks Laich, kill off any intangibles he has outside the hash marks while tripling his scoring ability from inside the hash marks and you get Matt Moulson. If he was off Tavares's line and on any line where he needed to carry the play to the extent your average well rounded hockey player does he wasn't much more than a salary dump for them. Given that Vanek was gonna take his place there anyway the Islanders didn't lose anything by giving him up.

Wish GMGM would have the balls to trade our top line stat who**. Oh well.

Yes trade a cheap 22 year old who plays great with your 2 franchise players.

Maybe Klesla for MoJo + 1st. No wait, Coyotes would say no way Caps would have to add a lot more.

ibi1MLQFvLU6f0.gif

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
The Kings defense system is the antithesis of the Capitals defense system. Laying the body on everything that moves, the Capitals just try to win a staring contest.

Halpysback*

Maybe Klesla for MoJo + 1st. No wait, Coyotes would say no way Caps would have to add a lot more.

ibi1MLQFvLU6f0.gif

Yeah thank god we got Fleischmann-lite keeping our top line as soft and neutered as possible. Where else could we possibly find someone with zero finish to regularly cough up the puck?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Yeah thank god we got Fleischmann-lite keeping our top line as soft and neutered as possible. Where else could we possibly find someone with zero finish to regularly cough up the puck?

ovechkin and backstrom arent soft

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow

Not that great at all, but at least he's adequately priced.

I think it's a win\win trade with a slight edge to Buffalo as the Isles are still long way beneath the territory when it makes sense to trade for rentals; Sabres, however, stay the rebuild course.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This is basically a first and a 2nd for Vanek.... They could have gotten more at the deadline. No way Moulson re-signs.

From all reports an ok draft year at the top and not a lot of depth so would not be surprised seeing more first round draft picks going. Would not be surprised to see the caps trade their if there is something out there available depending on how they finish record wise (naturally).

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Well, that as well but their passes are also terrible. Green is a big culprit hitting guys in their feet and Ovechkin often is overzealous with his as well.

It's a good part of why the Caps have hardly any functional team speed. They very rarely are able to hit a forward with a crisp pass in stride.

Liberati0n*

Jack Edwards ‏@RealJackEdwards 10m
Oooh, that nasty Daniel Paille, hitting Crosby in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad