Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season (Mod warning: post #6685 3/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Plus the Rangers lost their other two games against WC teams this year, but we only harp on the times they win against WC teams.

And yeah it's too early for this chicken little stuff. Especially since any playoff race scoreboard watching is a bonus this year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Plus the Rangers lost their other two games against WC teams this year, but we only harp on the times they win against WC teams.

And yeah it's too early for this chicken little stuff. Especially since any playoff race scoreboard watching is a bonus this year.

Easy, I was clearly joking.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boedker is a worthless piece of shit.

Islanders with two goals in like 30 seconds or less.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The pens have been on the wrong end of a couple big blowouts.
Niemi says hello. He's been in for most of these blowouts. Maybe it wasn't Dallas and Niemi just sucks? Maybe he's just finished? I think so....

DAS SCHEISSE! Sharks tie it on a bad goal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who's this bum Dell?
Michael's son?

Why did Pete not start him last night.
He's actually really good. .931 career save percentage, but has only played 22 career games.

There's nights he looks much better than Jones. Jones is probably the most overrated goaltender in the league right now, which I expect will change only if they miss the playoffs. If they make the playoffs with him playing at a .912 level again, he'll probably still be called amazing. One of the redeeming factors about Jones is his ability to get a lot of shutouts and his playoff play seems to be at an Osgood-like level, compared to his regular season work. He collects a lot of shutouts, but he hasn't had two good seasons in a row in his entire career.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He's actually really good. .931 career save percentage, but has only played 22 career games.

There's nights he looks much better than Jones. Jones is probably the most overrated goaltender in the league right now, which I expect will change only if they miss the playoffs. If they make the playoffs with him playing at a .912 level again, he'll probably still be called amazing. One of the redeeming factors about Jones is his ability to get a lot of shutouts. He collects a lot of shutouts, but he hasn't had two good seasons in a row in his entire career.

I'd take my chances vs Dell over Jones.
We can't score on Jones.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd take my chances vs Dell over Jones.
We can't score on Jones.
And most other teams can't score on Dell.

I have this conspiracy that Pete and Doug purposely don't start Dell more, because they're afraid that he might actually be better than Jones and it would making his decision to trade a 1st round pick for an average goaltender, look very suspect.

Jones is really not that good. He had a save percentage 4 points higher than Cory last year, and we all know how bad Cory was last year. They didn't make the playoffs because they had elite goaltending. The fact that this guy had a .930 save percentage last year, probably made their goaltending a lot better than it was. Jones is yet to have back to back seasons of good goaltending.

13-14: Really good, right up there with Hamburger FLUKE from Ottawa. Only 19 games though.

14-15: Not good at all, kind of sucked. Only 15 games though.

15-16: Solid season for a starter, had to play more games than he should have because their backup was a complete liability, until they got Reimer in March.

16-17: Below average season. Had to play more games than he should have because Pete is an idiot and wouldn't play Dell more often. Jones didn’t need to play 65 games last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dell gets beat again.
Shot that Jones would have stopped last night.
Can you stop acting like you're always right and that Dell isn't any good? The guy has a .931 career save percentage coming into this game....

That's the first stoppable goal he's allowed tonight. How about the Couture goal on Greiss? That was as bad as Cory's softy fest in Ottawa.

The Sharks are really not a good team, I've been saying this for a month now. Either they can't score, or they can't get a save (Jones has been a major suspect for a couple games this season) or they can't get either. They're old, they're slow, they have quite a few passengers, at ridiculously bloated contracts. They also have a GM that needs to GTFO like 5 years. This isn't a good team, I espect them out of the playoffs this year, unless Edmonton continues to be bad. That's their ticket in.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm sure that was a bad goal too, right? Jones would have stopped that?

This game is over.

Sharks a bad team. Let's just hope they beat the Rangers and that's one of their wins, because they won't be winning a whole lot this year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For what it's worth, this is the second time in 22 career games and 19 starts, where Aaron Dell has allowed 4 or more goals. He's only allowed 3 or more goals in 6 games, including tonight. And he's only allowed more than 3 goals on under 30 shots on goal 4 of those times, including tonight.

He very rarely plays an insufficient game or allows bad goals. Trust me, I know. I've watched almost every game of his short NHL career and between Cory and Martin Jones, I've seen my more than fair share of bad goals over the last season and two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad