Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season III: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Remember when I said earlier that out of all playoff teams the NJD is 15th in netminding in front of only Philly? I’m bumping us up to 14th. Didn’t realize Bernier was the starter for Colorado right now. He always blows up in pressure situations and he just isn’t very good. Was supposed to be the Kings big time goalie, but has been quite the journeyman.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Have you guys seen this rumor about Stevens and the vacant Rangers' head coach job?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember when I said earlier that out of all playoff teams the NJD is 15th in netminding in front of only Philly? I’m bumping us up to 14th. Didn’t realize Bernier was the starter for Colorado right now. He always blows up in pressure situations and he just isn’t very good. Was supposed to be the Kings big time goalie, but has been quite the journeyman.
And now the Hamburglar FLUKE is in goal for the Avs. Apparently Bernier got injured.

That might be enough to move the Avs down to 16th or at least tie the Flyers.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
And now the Hamburglar FLUKE is in goal for the Avs. Apparently Bernier got injured.

That might be enough to move the Avs down to 16th or at least tie the Flyers.

ducks and avs both lose its almost a moral victory for us

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean I like Rico, no reason to root against him because of some hot takes from people that are always gonna be biased one way regardless. I think we already got the better of the Butcher 'swap' for 2018 given Kerfoot's basically gone the Bratt road into irrelevance after a strong early start.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ducks play a dirty game though, so no issue seeing them get swept.

I mean in general I'd probably prefer the Sharks to win but either way I'd root for Vegas over whoever wins that series in the next round regardless.

(doesn't mean I want Vegas to win the whole thing though, but it would be nice to see them get a couple rounds against their CA rivals then give way to Nashville or Winnipeg)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Sharks look like they're trying to win the game 1-0. And there's the tying goal.

That's what happens when you barely try to add to the lead. And Nashville looks like they might blow a 3-0 lead to Colorado.

Maybe they don't realize the Hamburglar FLUKE is in the game right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Sharks need to win tonight.

No need to play more than 4 games in this series after Vegas swept the Kings.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Are there gonna be any long series at all in the first round? Besides Columbus-Caps which has already gone about five games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sharks sweep Ducks, Henrique with a tough series, 0 pts.
I do like the guy but his TWO well-timed goals gave him a bit of an inflated rep as a playoff performer. I mean he had 5 goals and 13 points in 24 playoff games overall with us, that's okay but not exactly Claude Lemieux-type production.
Which is why I never understood the ''He raises his game come playoff time'' meme around here. We only saw him once in the NHL in the post-season, so it's not like we have years and years of data of him being this playoff performing warrior.

Reactions: tr83

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Martin Jones might actually be clutch, if there's such a thing.

He's just an average starting goalie in the regular season, but his playoff play is really on another level.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ours. We are forcing 7.
I think we can do it. I usually don’t change my predictions unless a team is down 3-0 or just blew a huge lead in the series and look out of it. Like the Sharks by game 6 of the 2014 series against the Kings.

I said Devils in 7 before the series and it becomes very difficult where we’re at right now, but it wouldn’t be a legendary shocker if we pulled it out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You gotta wonder if Retread Randy might “Retire” (AKA: allowed to retire or resign publicly via firing in private) after this series. Swept in round one, combined with the fact that he’s a dinosaur head coach and I still question if he was supposed to be a long term solution in Anaheim when they brought him back.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
This first round is just further proof that I'm terrible at playoff predictions. I had the Kings winning in 7 and the Ducks losing in 7, and they're the first two teams eliminated.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
he is the furthest from those to blame, but i gotta say i expected henrique to be a big factor for the ducks in the postseason. zero points in the four games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->