Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season II: Playoff Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Florida got outplayed by a ton in this contest, yet I kept reading about their puck possession in this game. Whatever fits your narrative, I guess. More like overrated Rask let in a 5-holer and got outplayed by Reimer.

Reactions: Bleedred

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
And Boston needed one of the two games to win the division and got neither. Even Nashville still needed their game for the President's Trophy but wound up getting it later that night anyway I think.
They did get it the next game. What Florida just did is impressive as hell. They'll be back next season for sure.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
He also said there was no way we finish above Florida.

He was completely wrong for having more faith in Florida then NJ.

This "what if" stuff in here is a loser mentality .

We earned our spot. We needed no help. It wasn't luck or a fluke

Eh I'm not so sure everyone here expected us to go 4-1 to end the season, which is exactly what we needed given Florida went 5 for 5. Recall seeing some can we make it if we go 3-2 or 2-3 speculation. Either of those reasonable expectations would've torpedoed us.

Whatever, I shouldn't have stirred the pot during these otherwise happy times. But DD overreaching with his general negativity doesn't change the fact that he nailed the Florida call.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The records of Columbus, Philly, NJ and Florida down the stretch we're insane.

That's almost always the case down the stretch for teams trying to make the playoffs. The bad teams at that point have gutted their teams and are carrying half a minor league roster. The good teams are just trying to get through not getting hurt and don't have the same intensity/urgency.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yep, they won out.

Thank you to Brick City for being a reasonable poster here.

Devilsgirl35 owes me an apology, ;)

Did they make the playoffs over us? Nope. You were wrong.

Did the isles make the playoffs? Nope you were wrong.

Did the rangers? Nope. You were wrong.

Did the Canes? Nope. You were wrong.

Did the Devils miss like you predicted? Nope. You were wrong.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Rather we have TBL anyway.

They're a deeper team but Vasilevsky has looked a bit more vulnerable lately and I fear the goon factor much less than if we had to play BOS right off the bat.

Let the chips fall where they may, so long as we make things tough on em I'll have no complaints on the outcome.

Reactions: glenwo2

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Tampa in 5. I watched those 4 games and Tampa was dominant at times. I would have much rather played penguins or the bruins. With that said, it's been a great season, regardless of what happens.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Florida got outplayed by a ton in this contest, yet I kept reading about their puck possession in this game. Whatever fits your narrative, I guess. More like overrated Rask let in a 5-holer and got outplayed by Reimer.

It was a meh game up until the double minor. Boston got the goal to cut it to one, during the PP and turned it on afterwards

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->