Out of Town Scoreboard 2017-18 season II: Playoff Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Well gotta say, if Florida takes this, credit where credit is due. DD did call that and was roundly mocked and yet here we are. The slightest falter by us and we would be outside looking in.

EDIT: Boston of course scored while I posted this so now naturally I have ensured their comeback.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol NOW Boston wants to rally after I already did a draft for the mainboard series thread :P

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
There ain't no way that Jones is better than Rask. I know that you know that.
He’s not better than Rask. Jones is ordinary at best, but Rask really ain’t much better these days and is living off of his pre-2015 reputation. It’s just that most people don’t even care about Jones at all. He gets praise here and there in passing and got some recognition after they made the SCF, but most don’t really talk about him. Maybe a few on the main board here and there. Rask is generally still viewed as a consensus too 5-7 tender by both the media and fans alike.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There's no doubt he's struggled down the stretch. That's why I said he's the opposite of Kinkaid. Huge question mark whether you're getting early season Vasilevsky or late season Vasilevsky. My point is you can't really bank on them having goaltending as a crutch because he still has all the talent in the world and he's not the guy you want to see get hot.
I think Tampa is going to be discussing if they over played Vasilevsky this off season.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Feels like Boston has at least one goal left in them. At the very least I bet this goes to OT. Unless reimer can insanely stand on his head for the last 8+ mins here.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Went to check the score thinking I would see a 5-2 Boston lead. I’m amazed Florida came to play. They could’ve even packed it in before last nights game. Just think that otl to the pens put us in. Or a single loss to Ottawa by the panthers and we aren’t in.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Reimer has a big ass.

Do you really need to wear a size 54 waisted pant you f***in BUM?

You're wearing a pair of pants that must feel like you're dragging cinder blocks, no wonder you're hurt.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s not better than Rask. Jones is ordinary at best, but Rask really ain’t much better these days and is living off of his pre-2015 reputation. It’s just that most people don’t even care about Jones at all. He gets praise here and there in passing and got some recognition after they made the SCF, but most don’t really talk about him. Maybe a few on the main board here and there. Rask is generally still viewed as a consensus too 5-7 tender by both the media and fans alike.
I think Rask might be in the top 10, but not top 5-7 anymore.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boston's classy fans booed Reimer off the ice.
I'd be cheering him if I were them and they eventually win this game.

He gave them the game last week with his soft goal hat trick.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Was largely from the first half of the year...

The last 25 he hasn't been good.

GPDECGASASVSV%SOPIMTOI
2516-8-180840760.9051141467
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
65 games is new territory for Vasilevsky and he hasn't handled it well at all and it only get tougher now.

He said several weeks ago in an interview that he was feeling tired as well.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well gotta say, if Florida takes this, credit where credit is due. DD did call that and was roundly mocked and yet here we are. The slightest falter by us and we would be outside looking in.

EDIT: Boston of course scored while I posted this so now naturally I have ensured their comeback.

He also said there was no way we finish above Florida.

He was completely wrong for having more faith in Florida then NJ.

This "what if" stuff in here is a loser mentality .

We earned our spot. We needed no help. It wasn't luck or a fluke

Reactions: Bleedred

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012

And a few of us also said that the NJD would be in the playoffs and they would miss. So I don’t care about their worthless moral victory. The Panthers might be more relevant in this thread than they are in South Florida.

Reactions: glenwo2

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
FLA could miss the playoffs with
96 points. Just crazy.
And it actually looked like 90-92 points would be enough to make the playoffs in the East, only about 6-7 weeks ago. Maybe even less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad