Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
It's crazy to think that the Leafs could afford Tavares and Matthews at the same time.

The Canadiens already look pretty bad in a division filled with good center lines.

Drouin-Danault-De La Rose-Froese

And if you put Drouin at his natural position it's even worse. This is horrible. Even with Price back to his normal form, there is no way this team can compete with centers like that.

You need two top 6 centers, one top Rw and atleast one top 4 LHD to play with Weber.

Bergevin has a lot of work to do and that's the only thing scarier than our center line.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Off-ice issues seem to not be Sharks' concerned as much as other teams. But their Top-6 on the left side will be Kane and Hoffman. Pretty lethal. With a Couture extension apparently in the works, I see Pavelski moved and Sharks take a run at Tavares.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Skills before package. We'll see how it translated...but San Jose looking like a big time player for next year.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Off-ice issues seem to not be Sharks' concerned as much as other teams. But their Top-6 on the left side will be Kane and Hoffman. Pretty lethal. With a Couture extension apparently in the works, I see Pavelski moved and Sharks take a run at Tavares.
I doubt Sharks move him until they know they are getting Tavares.

Pavelski is likely had his best hockey behind him now but he can still be a 2nd line center with 50-60 points for another year or two

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I like what the Sharks have been doing lately. Suomela signing is low-key but pure value, Kane just scored 28 and 29, and Hoffman is just the best player in that trade. They're an interesting team.
re-tool on the fly. plus they are showing us acquiring wingers is easy.

Gotta draft that center with 3rd pick because wingers move far more frequently than centers

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
re-tool on the fly. plus they are showing us acquiring wingers is easy.

Gotta draft that center with 3rd pick because wingers move far more frequently than centers

Yep, and san jose is getting these wingers/winger upgrades cheap by exploiting ''character'' issues, while we do the exact opposite. They're just plain buying goals.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kinda funny how media controls narratives...

Habs got destroyed all weekend for the Galchenyuk vs Domi trade...

But mainstream media giving the Sens a pass on this Hoffman for Boedkker deal...

smdh

Reactions: Redux91

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Heard Dreger and McGuire this morning. Sounds like Trotz decided he was gone when staff was extended and he wasn’t. So any negotiations may have been perfunctory. Winning the Cup gives you a nice platform to say “F U”.

As for Tavares, word is he will meet with about 5 teams in LA in the week leading up to July 1. Dreger was iffy but didn’t think Montreal would get a spot at the table. I do wonder if Brisson would invite Bergevin as a courtesy to help him save face.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

They went from pretty much washed up to dangerous pretty quick if this all happens.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Kinda funny how media controls narratives...

Habs got destroyed all weekend for the Galchenyuk vs Domi trade...

But mainstream media giving the Sens a pass on this Hoffman for Boedkker deal...

smdh

I don’t teally care about media perception, but I don’t have a problem with this.

Hoffman was a grenade. I can’t imagine there were many dance partners. That being said, this whole debacle reflects poorly on Dorion.

As for AG, Habs were under no pressure to trade him and on the opinion of many (most?) got an underwhelming return while once again not addressing any needs. As with most MB deals people say “wait for the follow up move” but that never seems to come.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don’t teally care about media perception, but I don’t have a problem with this.

Hoffman was a grenade. I can’t imagine there were many dance partners. That being said, this whole debacle reflects poorly on Dorion.
Sens knew about this Hoffman story months ago...there was talk about Hoffman being dealt at the deadline. He should of been dealt then when there wasn't public knowledge of what would eventually come out.

I don't know how anyone could justify this trade for the Sens...it's an awful, awful return.

As for AG, Habs were under no pressure to trade him and on the opinion of many (most?) got an underwhelming return while once again not addressing any needs. As with most MB deals people say “wait for the follow up move” but that never seems to come.
Be that as it may, I don't think the Galchenyuk/Domi trade was nearly as bad as the media played it out over the weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->