Out of Town: Off-Season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
no..the Caps got tight fisted..lol..after Barry winning them the CUP...they wouldn't even pay him ..they want to give him a 300,000 raise to $1.8 million...lmao....dumb dumb dumb...

Caps repeat chances gone down huge...

The 300 grand raise was negotiated years back. It has nothing to do with them not wanting to give him a big raise. He’s a high profile coach who wants to see just how much money he can get.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The 300 grand raise was negotiated years back. It has nothing to do with them not wanting to give him a big raise. He’s a high profile coach who wants to see just how much money he can get.

he had an out clause.....they had a chance to offer him the fair salary...they didnt do that...lol.....cheap cheap cheap...Imagine the players..finally get a great coach..then bam..your owner goes el cheapo

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
he had an out clause.....they had a chance to offer him the fair salary...they didnt do that...lol.....cheap cheap cheap...Imagine the players..finally get a great coach..then bam..your owner goes el cheapo

We really don’t know what they offered him. It could be a classic case of he wants to see if he can get Babcock money and the Capitals just weren’t willing to come close to that. Which is fair. Not every franchise wants to throw ridiculous money at staff.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We really don’t know what they offered him. It could be a classic case of he wants to see if he can get Babcock money and the Capitals just weren’t willing to come close to that. Which is fair. Not every franchise wants to throw ridiculous money at staff.

true..will find out soon i would imagine...

but isnt there the rumor 5 yr x 5 million he asked for ...thats what the ball park you pay for cup winner coaches...not 1.8 million
Anyways..if he goes to team X and signs 5 yr x5 ..goona look bad on Caps....

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

The owners refused to renegotiate so Trotz decided to use his out clause. They were discussing it on SN radio here in Calgary.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Seriously. At least create some dialogue. It was basically take the 2 years and the extra $300G (these were both part of the Cup clause in his contract) or sayonara.

I edited my post. Friedman just came out and said they did try to negotiate. I’m not good with including tweets to posts but it sounds like both sides couldn’t come to terms. Which makes a lot more sense. With an out clause, they would know damn well he wasn’t going to come back unless his raise was substantially bigger. This is a mistake by Washington.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
That’s not the point Mathews and Tavares
We have domi/Drouin and Danault
We will be owned for ages

I never said we wouldn’t. Compare our team right now to anyone and the list of teams owning us is a lot worse then just Toronto.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
If i was the players i'd been upset..lol
Man those guys went thru coaches.....they finally get a good one...82 games..+playoffs .lol gone
Trotz? He was Capitals HC for the last 4 seasons / 4 playoffs / 2 President Cups / 3 Division Championships / 1 Stanley Cup.

Crazy to think that when Ovy will be sober again he will wake up without a coach. :sarcasm:

Remember Trotz hot lap in practice before Eastern finals game 7? Maybe he wanted to go UFA for July 1st :naughty:

Reactions: Habaneros

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Trotz? He was Capitals HC for the last 4 seasons / 4 playoffs / 2 President Cups / 3 Division Championships / 1 Stanley Cup.

Crazy to think that when Ovy will be sober again he will wake up without a coach. :sarcasm:

goona be real interesting who the new coach is....lol
but who ever he is , dont ask for big money...lol

Coach Therrien would he work for 1,.8 million?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I never said we wouldn’t. Compare our team right now to anyone and the list of teams owning us is a lot worse then just Toronto.
I worry more about division rivals than any other teams
Buffalo will be getting better. Fla is already better
The top 3 teams are way better than us
Thank god for the send and wings

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I worry more about division rivals than any other teams
Buffalo will be getting better. Fla is already better
The top 3 teams are way better than us
Thank god for the send and wings

They’re getting stronger. We’re drowning. We have to build our way back up and hope they make mistakes like we did to become relative again. We blew it from 14-16. We had a tiny window with proper management, and let it slip away by not filling holes.

Reactions: Zorba

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Trotz wanted a 5x5 deal, no coach has a shelf life that long.

Ugh that's what we gave Julien smh, besides when you just won the Cup and you have a chance to do it again money should not be a question. Win the Stanely Cup now, worry about money later. It only took the Caps 44 years to win the Cup. It will be just as long before the Habs sniff another Cup.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad