Our next home game, March 8th, lets not show up. Don't buy tickets. Don't watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
The irony is, you want the same thing that others here want. We all want the same thing in the end. A successful, prospering NHL club. We many see different paths to that end. I think this will all sort itself out in due time but the next few months might be tough and/or uncertain.

It is very ironic that we all want the same things here. A great team with star players that is managed well. I won't abandon the team in tough times, but understand that many here want to. Cause you gotta have faith faith faith

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
What do you think another Billionaire owner is going to do.....dump millions into a non profiting business, then continue to do so?? All the while listening to the continual complaining of fans boycotting games and making ridiculous attempts to oust the billionnaire owner out of his own business?? Yeah, great idea for the new comers if there is one. Thats showing them.

If the Senators are losing money and the fans are trying to oust the owner. The smart thing for Melnyk to do is sell the business for a huge 400 million dollar plus profit while he still can.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
If the Senators are losing money and the fans are trying to oust the owner. The smart thing for Melnyk to do is sell the business for a huge 400 million dollar plus profit while he still can.

Smart thing maybe for you to do...but for people in large cap business, the $400million you claim that he can make is just numbers. Maybe not for the regular guy, but for people in his circle., it is sincerely, just numbers. And just for fun, do you think $400 million is clear profit? Do you really think that he would be left with that? There are no taxes, capital gains that our wonderful Liberal government just increased not be paid out, how about the private lenders, how about the real lenders, maybe there are also dividends that he took out to pay our superstars that need to be recouped as well need to be paid out, in the end, it is no where near the $400 million. SO, the smart thing to do for him, is to maybe keep his mouth shut, not offend the people and sign the superstars salaries....and maybe, the grumpy, jealous and vindictive fans will open their eyes and wallets and actually support the players, employees and everyone involved in this club, because for Melnyk, these are just numbers that don't matter, he will never cash out.....if he does, this team is gone....aka Quebec Nordiques....never coming back

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
he will never cash out.....if he does, this team is gone....aka Quebec Nordiques....never coming back
Your scare tactics are laughable.

IF he cashes out, someone else will own the Sens in a very desirable marketplace at Lebreton Flats.

IF the NHL allows him to move the Sens because fans reject him as an owner, then there will be a new NHL franchise in Ottawa.

Lebreton is going ahead with or without Melnyk. The Lebreton development will have a NHL franchise, with or without Melnyk.

Sens fans are in an unique position of power in the next few years and need to use it to their advantage.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Your lack of knowledge and complete lack of business acumen are very well noted. No scare tactics here, simple business 101 when dealing with people who own the franchise and the ones with the power. Fans have no say, zero. Maybe you need to familiarise yourself or let me rephrase that, educate yourself on the Quebec Nordiques, fans had no impact at all, or maybe look into the original Winnipeg Jets situation, again fans have no control. Lebreton is still not a guarantee, are they not trying to see who is going to pay for the massive multi million dollar remediation or in layman's term, the soil clean up., you have no idea how much this could cost, they will not go ahead unless there is some supplementation from the government. These phase 2 and phase 3 soil remediation can go quickly out of control budget wise, but you would not understand this, because in your perfect world, everything seems to be just like what you read in the media outlets. Your continual quotes of how much money was made and how much this and that are only factual due to your reading. In the real world, finances and projects like this go quickly out of control, as I speak from experience, a soil remediation planned quickly blew the budget by 100%, and this was dealing with the most reputable companies in the business. Lebreton is not a guarantee. So, scare tactics, nope, just real world experience that we could lose this franchise for ever. Be careful.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Your lack of knowledge and complete lack of business acumen are very well noted. No scare tactics here, simple business 101 when dealing with people who own the franchise and the ones with the power. Fans have no say, zero. Maybe you need to familiarise yourself or let me rephrase that, educate yourself on the Quebec Nordiques, fans had no impact at all, or maybe look into the original Winnipeg Jets situation, again fans have no control. Lebreton is still not a guarantee, are they not trying to see who is going to pay for the massive multi million dollar remediation or in layman's term, the soil clean up., you have no idea how much this could cost, they will not go ahead unless there is some supplementation from the government. These phase 2 and phase 3 soil remediation can go quickly out of control budget wise, but you would not understand this, because in your perfect world, everything seems to be just like what you read in the media outlets. Your continual quotes of how much money was made and how much this and that are only factual due to your reading. In the real world, finances and projects like this go quickly out of control, as I speak from experience, a soil remediation planned quickly blew the budget by 100%, and this was dealing with the most reputable companies in the business. Lebreton is not a guarantee. So, scare tactics, nope, just real world experience that we could lose this franchise for ever. Be careful.

Lol we're not losing the franchise. Bettman has made that clear. There are buyers who will line up to keep the team in ottawa. Melnyk's options will be A)keep the team in ottawa and keep losing money or B) sell the team to someone who can afford to keep the team in ottawa. Ottawa is a proven market when the team is run competently. Bettman knows this and its pretty clear.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Smart thing maybe for you to do...but for people in large cap business, the $400million you claim that he can make is just numbers. Maybe not for the regular guy, but for people in his circle., it is sincerely, just numbers. And just for fun, do you think $400 million is clear profit? Do you really think that he would be left with that? There are no taxes, capital gains that our wonderful Liberal government just increased not be paid out, how about the private lenders, how about the real lenders, maybe there are also dividends that he took out to pay our superstars that need to be recouped as well need to be paid out, in the end, it is no where near the $400 million. SO, the smart thing to do for him, is to maybe keep his mouth shut, not offend the people and sign the superstars salaries....and maybe, the grumpy, jealous and vindictive fans will open their eyes and wallets and actually support the players, employees and everyone involved in this club, because for Melnyk, these are just numbers that don't matter, he will never cash out.....if he does, this team is gone....aka Quebec Nordiques....never coming back
I legitimately think you work for Melnyk's PR firm. The name. The almost purposely terrible formatting and punctuation. Posts almost exclusively in Melnyk threads.

This is super sketchy imo.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Judging from ticket sales for tonight's game the boycott seems to be working. Now let's show Melnyk the real power of HFBoard fans. Let's show him we can nearly sell-out the game against Edmonton on March 22nd! Buy your tickets people!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Lol we're not losing the franchise. Bettman has made that clear. There are buyers who will line up to keep the team in ottawa. Melnyk's options will be A)keep the team in ottawa and keep losing money or B) sell the team to someone who can afford to keep the team in ottawa. Ottawa is a proven market when the team is run competently. Bettman knows this and its pretty clear.

Calgary is a much better market, much better than here. And yet Bettman is singing a much different tune out west. Basically alluding that the arena is holding the team back, they are now receiving larger revenue sharing payments (wonder what Ottawa gets, if any). So he did not say they would move but C) it will affect the team's ability to compete.

Team is not moving. But there will be issues in keeping our best players. If everyone is on board with that , then the best thing is to stay home and it will happen. That is the real world of the situation.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Lots of keystrokes, but the same laughable scare tactics.

The soil remediation is an issue to be negotiated. It will get done. Just posturing to gain advantage by all parties.

If Melnyk can't hold up his portion of the deal, then he will be replaced. Really quite simple.

The fans can hit your boss where it hurts by drying up his ticket sales. They can easily demonstrate their support for the team/players by packing local bars/restaurants and posting their pictures on social media and tagging the NHL.

The world is a much different place than when the Nordiques and Jets left town.

Your boss is between a rock and a hard place. If he continues down his current path, the fans will make him very aware if the new reality.

Last edited:

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

lol, Euge has sprung the Ukrainians again

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Calgary is a much better market, much better than here. And yet Bettman is singing a much different tune out west. Basically alluding that the arena is holding the team back, they are now receiving larger revenue sharing payments (wonder what Ottawa gets, if any). So he did not say they would move but C) it will affect the team's ability to compete.

Team is not moving. But there will be issues in keeping our best players. If everyone is on board with that , then the best thing is to stay home and it will happen. That is the real world of the situation.
So Bettman is making vieled threats to TRY and coerce the various levels of government to give the Flames a sweetheart deal?

Truly shocking development!!!

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I legitimately think you work for Melnyk's PR firm. The name. The almost purposely terrible formatting and punctuation. Posts almost exclusively in Melnyk threads.

This is super sketchy imo.

I don't work for him. And thanks for pointing out my terrible formatting and punctuation. I guess you are just smarter than I. Maybe you can arrange for some exclusive private tutoring from yourself of course, since you seem to be more educated than me. I have been a season ticket holder since 1997, through really bad years and some really good years. But, I will never forget when we almost lost this team in 2003 and this current owner came in and saved this franchise. It was a really dark moment for Ottawa fans, I will never forget that time, so, it just grosses me out with the behaviour of current fans who probably were not passionate fans back then, or simply they wish to forget how upside down this city was when the team was on the verge of leaving. I am on the side of keeping this team here, but also supporting the team, if its with this owner or not. I don't let my feelings toward the owner get in the way of bringing my children to a NHL game, not like many of you here, who can't put aside their so sensitive feelings in order to support the stars.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

I wonder how selling his team would affect his Lebreton Flats re-development plans???

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
You're the true fan! Keep stickin' it to those "phonies" Holden!

Thanks! Love that book!
Here's another quote from Holden

"That's the whole trouble. You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "f*** you" right under your nose."

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
March 8th vs Buffalo.

Don't go to arena. Don't give the game TV ratings.

Money talks and thats all that Melnyk can speak. Its the only real way to show our dissatisfaction with the state of the team.

Melnyk doesn't care about billboards or signs or twitter comments. All easily laughed off.

Looks like this did not work, you are in the minority unless you hang out here with the other 20 or so negative sour apples who probably have never reached into their own pockets to pay for game tickets but only wait for handouts from other paying customers. Nice try Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad