Our next home game, March 8th, lets not show up. Don't buy tickets. Don't watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Truly shocking that you won't back up your word...

Until you can post any evidence that there is a Billionaire, actively seeking to purchase the Ottawa Senators, I will maintain there is not ...........

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Until you can post any evidence that there is a Billionaire, actively seeking to purchase the Ottawa Senators, I will maintain there is not ...........

"Without any real, concrete, tangible, public proof of either of two options, I will steadfastly refuse to acknowledge one in favor of the other".

You are doing exactly what you are accusing others of, just in the other direction.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
This right here irks me. The poster just gave you the best example of where fan outrage is seen most, and you just casually dismiss it because you personally don't use it?

Just admit you're wrong once in a while.
Never going to happen...

The best we can do is just continue to call him on his BS

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
“The only thing is there are not "thousands" of fans who would join in such a chant, maybe a few hundred at best, who would show up and waste their time.” -dracula

How can you be so sure?
Got stats to support your assumption?
Dean Brown has a survey result on that. We should check with him...

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Not supporting the team could lead to the team leaving. The Senators are in a small Canadian market, with revenues in Canadian dollars that are worth less than U$. I understand the need to be cost conscious and not spend to the cap every year.

Support the team but demand positive changes.

I want to see an experienced GM put in place, plus a coach who can coach an exciting offensive oriented team, not a defensive oriented one like we have now.

There are some good exciting offensive oriented players still on the roster: Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Hoffman, Chabot, Dzingle, so I have not lost all hope.

There are some others who need to be replaced and I hope some of the younger prospects and picks will be added next season, plus Karlsson signed long term.

There are some other decent players still here: Ceci, Pageau, Smith, Claesson, Pyatt, Ryan (but with a high cost contract).

That makes 12 skaters. The team needs 6 more skaters. Perhaps Harpur, Chlapik, Brown, Batherson, and Formenton can fill 5 of those 6 positions. Too much to hope perhaps.

Gaborik looks like he has to go, but I suspect no other team wants him, so a buy-out may be in the plans.
I also disagree on not going to games. It's counter productive in my view. A "shoot yourself in the foot" solution.

Reactions: coladin

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
This. I don't understand how the fine fans in Ottawa couldn't have gotten off their asses and gone to see a PLAYOFF game. That went completely beyond me. But then again a lot of the things Ottawa fans say, go beyond me. ie: a) The arena is too far. Bloody hell, I lived in Ottawa for 5 years and nothing was far! I lived in the Hunt Club area and I could get to Orleans, downtown or out to Kanata within 15 - 20 minutes. 2) The ticket prices are too high. You're joking, right? You've got the cheapest tickets in Canada. 3) It's too hard getting out of the parking lot. Cry me a river. It's hard getting out of any parking lot after a sporting event or concert. It's not unique to Ottawa. 4) Too much traffic. NOT! Ottawa has very little traffic. Come live in Toronto if you want to see traffic. And it's non-stop. Not only during rush hours . . . anytime of the day/night.

I've visited this forum off and on for a few years and I've never been able to understand the mentality of the fans in Ottawa. I dislike Melnyk as much as any of you do, but I think the fans need to take a bit of the blame for not supporting their team, especially during the playoffs. And . . . if you don't support them now you might not have a team anymore. How do you think the players feel playing to a half empty arena? They might all want out of Ottawa to go play for a team where the fans appreciate them.
I feel you point is exagerated in two ways: saying "Ottawa fans" = every single fan and "a half empty arena" - never was the arena half empty.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I too enjoy watching away Sens fans cheer in other teams arena. We have a solid following, not huge, but solid following outside of Ottawa. Most noticeably in western Canada, Buffalo, Toronto and Montreal.

Last years playoffs was the loudest I've ever heard the CTC. I went to game 3 of the ECF in 2007 and game 2 of last years playoffs was electrifying, absolutely insane. Game 3 was incredibly loud in the first after the scoring outburst. The only difference was that in 2007 it felt as though the entire city was reeling for the Sens. Car flags, people on the streets waiving flags, just the feeling of the playoffs was everywhere you went. Last year not so much for whatever reason. The in arena atmosphere was much better than 07 but the outside arena atmosphere for 07 was miles ahead of last years.

Yeah , completely agree. From my vantage point, in the Pageau 4 goal game, when that puck dropped in behind Hank, to everyone's surprise, it sounded like an explosion. It was incredible, and I felt every minute of that playoff run. You are also right that the city didn't fall in love with these Senators like the 07 group, lacking flags and such is a good observation.

They are going to have to find away to get people back on board, and I'm not even talking about the casual fan, but previous buyers of tickets, the more involved fan that follows the team closely. Those people are not going.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Im wondering if the problem is Bouchers trap hockey has bored the home team fans away. Holding back Karlsson and even Hoffman reduces the excitement of the game.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
"Without any real, concrete, tangible, public proof of either of two options, I will steadfastly refuse to acknowledge one in favor of the other".

You are doing exactly what you are accusing others of, just in the other direction.
Good going, bonk now he'll never respond :eyeroll: :laugh:

Genuflexion

Aug 20, 2017
I've avoided the Sens as much as I could since Melnyk made that first threat. Don't wanna support his bullshit if I can avoid it

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Looks like a pretty empty building to me. Now tells us again, if the hate from the owner ONLY comes from HFBoards.

Check out a few of the other up coming games, all pretty much the same.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Its only going to get worse. #MelnykOut

Im thinking of printing off some #MelnykOut signs and placing them sometwhat like a placeholder in random empty seats as well as my own throughout the remaining home games I will be attending.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Im thinking of printing off some #MelnykOut signs and placing them sometwhat like a placeholder in random empty seats as well as my own throughout the remaining home games I will be attending.

I would advise against that, as they will not allow you in with those signs.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
The next game I go to, I'm going to print a bunch of 2x2 or 3x3 faces of Melnyk and drop them in every urinal. My bonus points idea was to punch a hole where his mouth is, so you can pee directly into his mouth.

Reactions: Deku

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Warning: Just a theory

So we all know those dumb articles that blame millenials for the death of buffalo wild wings, applebees, golf, whatever. The conclusions those articles always come to is that with the newer generations taking on so much debt with very little income growth that if we go out, we want to make going out a meaningful experience, and spend our money on something worthwhile. Disposable income is at an all time premium.

We have a team out of the playoffs, that isn't that fun to watch, couples with a pretty miserable in game experience. Are the newer generations of people just being smarter with their money nowadays because we have less of it? Dropping $30-$100 on bad entertainment just doesn't seem to be in the books anymore for a lot of people, we don't have that money to burn.

And I am not viewing this as an Ottawa Senators thing, I am viewing it as a professional sports thing.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
March 8th vs Buffalo.

Don't go to arena. Don't give the game TV ratings.

Money talks and thats all that Melnyk can speak. Its the only real way to show our dissatisfaction with the state of the team.

Melnyk doesn't care about billboards or signs or twitter comments. All easily laughed off.
What do you think another Billionaire owner is going to do.....dump millions into a non profiting business, then continue to do so?? All the while listening to the continual complaining of fans boycotting games and making ridiculous attempts to oust the billionnaire owner out of his own business?? Yeah, great idea for the new comers if there is one. Thats showing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad