Our next home game, March 8th, lets not show up. Don't buy tickets. Don't watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
March 8th vs Buffalo.

Don't go to arena. Don't give the game TV ratings.

Money talks and thats all that Melnyk can speak. Its the only real way to show our dissatisfaction with the state of the team.

Melnyk doesn't care about billboards or signs or twitter comments. All easily laughed off.

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
It would be hilarious to have one game this year where the arena is nearly empty.

Although I think a more realistic scenario is getting fans to do some sort of anti-Melnyk cheer. They may be able to get rid of a few people's signs, but they couldn't stop thousands from cheering "Sell The Team" or something like that.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It would be hilarious to have one game this year where the arena is nearly empty.

Although I think a more realistic scenario is getting fans to do some sort of anti-Melnyk cheer. They may be able to get rid of a few people's signs, but they couldn't stop thousands from cheering "Sell The Team" or something like that.

The only thing is there are not "thousands" of fans who would join in such a chant, maybe a few hundred at best, who would show up and waste their time.

Reactions: Polansky

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I'll be flying back from Spain that day, I'm on board...of an airplane.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
“The only thing is there are not "thousands" of fans who would join in such a chant, maybe a few hundred at best, who would show up and waste their time.” -dracula

How can you be so sure?
Got stats to support your assumption?

Reactions: hawthy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not supporting the team could lead to the team leaving. The Senators are in a small Canadian market, with revenues in Canadian dollars that are worth less than U$. I understand the need to be cost conscious and not spend to the cap every year.

Support the team but demand positive changes.

I want to see an experienced GM put in place, plus a coach who can coach an exciting offensive oriented team, not a defensive oriented one like we have now.

There are some good exciting offensive oriented players still on the roster: Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Hoffman, Chabot, Dzingle, so I have not lost all hope.

There are some others who need to be replaced and I hope some of the younger prospects and picks will be added next season, plus Karlsson signed long term.

There are some other decent players still here: Ceci, Pageau, Smith, Claesson, Pyatt, Ryan (but with a high cost contract).

That makes 12 skaters. The team needs 6 more skaters. Perhaps Harpur, Chlapik, Brown, Batherson, and Formenton can fill 5 of those 6 positions. Too much to hope perhaps.

Gaborik looks like he has to go, but I suspect no other team wants him, so a buy-out may be in the plans.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Not supporting the team could lead to the team leaving. The Senators are in a small Canadian market, with revenues in Canadian dollars that are worth less than U$. I understand the need to be cost conscious and not spend to the cap every year.

Support the team but demand positive changes.

I want to see an experienced GM put in place, plus a coach who can coach an exciting offensive oriented team, not a defensive oriented one like we have now.

There are some good exciting offensive oriented players still on the roster: Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Hoffman, Chabot, Dzingle, so I have not lost all hope.

There are some others who need to be replaced and I hope some of the younger prospects and picks will be added next season, plus Karlsson signed long term.

There are some other decent players still here: Ceci, Pageau, Smith, Claesson, Pyatt, Ryan (but with a high cost contract).

That makes 12 skaters. The team needs 6 more skaters. Perhaps Harpur, Chlapik, Brown, Batherson, and Formenton can fill 5 of those 6 positions. Too much to hope perhaps.

Gaborik looks like he has to go, but I suspect no other team wants him, so a buy-out may be in the plans.
Then nothing changes.

Reactions: billpo

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This is a bad idea.

The billboard thing makes WAY more sense: instead of "hurting the product we like and want to keep" a collective statement was made (and the billboard might not even have to go up, this was noticed) in a much more positive manner.

Thinking the only way to keep the Sens is to hurt them a lot is messed up.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
This is a bad idea.

The billboard thing makes WAY more sense: instead of "hurting the product we like and want to keep" a collective statement was made (and the billboard might not even have to go up, this was noticed) in a much more positive manner.

Yeah, I am a little bit weary of a boycott for this reason. But I do think a big empty lower bowl on TV would be a powerful statement. What about something like "don't go to your seats until 5 minutes after puck drop"? It doesn't exactly hurt the Sens since people would still buy tickets and concessions and what not, but it sends a message.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Yeah, I am a little bit weary of a boycott for this reason. But I do think a big empty lower bowl on TV would be a powerful statement. What about something like "don't go to your seats until 5 minutes after puck drop"? It doesn't exactly hurt the Sens since people would still buy tickets and concessions and what not, but it sends a message.

I think a powerful statement would be to sell out the arena, but then have everyone stay out of their seats for the first 5 minutes of the game. It shows that the fans are willing to show up for games and the market is viable, but they just don't like Melnyk.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
This is a bad idea.

The billboard does need to go up. People will want to take selfies in front of it and share it on social media. It'll be a hit of it goes up.

Should be planning the next billboard as an insult, something depicting Melnyk as Scrooge or something.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Agreed. Now is not the time to light the fuse, but it is coming.

One thing for sure, Sens won’t have no choice but spend to the cap floor which should be 60 M$ so at some point you can’t lower roster costs more than it’s possible

We make a big deal about the rumors surrounding Karlsson but many teams are in the same situation every year. Pacioretty with the Habs this year, Islanders are about to lose Tavares for nothing. It’s not easy but that’s the business we’re in here

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I go to usually 2 games a year when I visit the fam during the holidays. I sport Sens gear with my truck and it makes good conversations when the team is playoff bound. Don't hear much when not though.
point stands though... a lot of people in here complain about our cheap owner and talking boycotts while sitting at home pirating the games online.

Reactions: coladin

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
point stands though... a lot of people in here complain about our cheap owner and talking boycotts while sitting at home pirating the games online.

Not really sure I agree. The majority on this board seems to be from Ottawa or nearby. I am not in the majority so I complain from the minority while providing the support from out of town as much as I can.

Maritimes is Leafs/Habs country. Sens fans and supporters are far and between. I support the team as much as I can from the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->