Our Bottom 6 players

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
It's incredible how stacked we are in the bottom 6 forward department.I don't recall ever seeing a Montreal team with so many competent bottom 6 forwards.It seems they're all pretty good, and that's without recalling McCarron who might turn out to be a Top 6 forward.I really like Carr, Hudon, Andrighetto, Flynn, Mitchell and so on.

Any thoughts on the overall status of our forward depth?

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
It's incredible how stacked we are in the bottom 6 forward department.I don't recall ever seeing a Montreal team with so many competent bottom 6 forwards.It seems they're all pretty good, and that's without recalling McCarron who might turn out to be a Top 6 forward.I really like Carr, Hudon, Andrighetto, Flynn, Mitchell and so on.

Any thoughts on the overall status of our forward depth?

In my mind, realistically we are not going to win the cup until we fill the following X's:

Max - Plek - Gally
XXX-Galchenyuk-XXX
Flash-DD-Eller
Flynn/Byron- Hudon/Mitchell - Weise/DSP
Andrighetto

Markov Subban
Emelin Petry
Beaulieu XXX
Gilbert

Absolutely I agree our bottom 6 is legit. However we are missing two top six to win a cup.
Cup winners don't generally play fringe players in their top 6.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
In my mind, realistically we are not going to win the cup until we fill the following X's:

Max - Plek - Gally
XXX-Galchenyuk-XXX
Flash-DD-Eller
Flynn/Byron- Hudon/Mitchell - Weise/DSP
Andrighetto

Markov Subban
Emelin Petry
Beaulieu XXX
Gilbert

Absolutely I agree our bottom 6 is legit. However we are missing two top six to win a cup.
Cup winners don't generally play fringe players in their top 6.

1 bonafide top 6 warrior we contend seriously.
Two we win the cup if we stay healthy.
One via trade for long term window the second as a rental.
Do it MB.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I think Eller can stay with Galchenyuk without a problem. He does a lot for this line and he has quite good offensive skills for a guy who has to create storage for his linemates and battle for pucks

One RW to play with them is the hole that needs to be filled to be contenders. Could Andrighetto keep growing into his role?

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Our bottom six is better man per man against all other teams. Oddly enough the bottom six is performing better than our top six in terms of effort, goals, and opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad