OT: Ottawa sports bars for playoffs

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
Hello from NYC. I will be coming to Ottawa last week of April to take care of some family business. What sports bars do you recommend (besides Don Cherry's) to watch the playoffs (specifically NY Rangers, sorry). I know there are a few pubs in Byward Market. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

ps. Any NY Rangers fans want to meet up just let me know.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hello from NYC. I will be coming to Ottawa last week of April to take care of some family business. What sports bars do you recommend (besides Don Cherry's) to watch the playoffs (specifically NY Rangers, sorry). I know there are a few pubs in Byward Market. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Rangers getting knocked out in 4 soooooo. :laugh:

Byward Market is your best bet.

IMG_4341.jpg

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
There's so many pubs you coukd go to, just not sure which one would play the Rangers.

Realsports
Big Rig
Clocktower
Sens house
Boston Pizza
Wild Wings

These places usually play hockey. Honestly there's so many.. you'd probably have to call before to see if they play the Rangers or ask that they put the Rangers game when you get there.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I think you should be ok for any of the Sports bars in the Market.

The Rangers - Pens series will probably be the game they show anyway.

If they don't, most of them will switch the TV closest to you to the game you want if you ask

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I would go with Realsports all though it may be pricy, just something about the enviroment there that doesn't make you want to leave. I don't know which bars would specifically show the rangers with audio over the other games though. All the places you can go to have been suggested.

The only series with conflicting times that they might show over rangers pens are Caps/Flyers.

I'm down to catch a game with you as long you don't wear a Lundqvist jersey like I do.:laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
My favorite sports bar in Ottawa is Mickelbot's house.

Don't tell him I said that though, you should just show up at his house unannounced. He will totally be fine with it, trust me.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
St. Louis on Elgin is a good spot to watch playoff hockey

Ya this.

Elgin Street is a stone's throw from the market and it tends to cater to the 25+ crowd a bit more (with exceptions of course). Hooleys is a very good spot for Sens playoffs but I don't know how it is when they aren't playing.

If you like pool while drinking or watching sports on wall of televisions, you'll like MacLaren's on Elgin too.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
My 2 cents:

Don't go to RealSportsBar BECAUSE its owned by MLSE (im a petty mofo ;o), it's gotta a very artificial feel, no patio (if its a nice day), overpriced. 90% of their beers are of the Coors/Molson/Labatt variety (yes, I am pretentious when it comes to beer), and aside from Creemore, I don't think they have any local brews on tap.

Support Local establishments, not McChains.

The Senate in the Market is a true sports bar, locally owned.

Given that the Sens aren't in it, you should have no problem having them switch it to your game (if its not already on).

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
Thanks everyone. The Senate seems like a good choice. Looking forward to it. NYR will NOT be out in 4. More likely will win in 6. You heard it hear.

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
I would go with Realsports all though it may be pricy, just something about the enviroment there that doesn't make you want to leave. I don't know which bars would specifically show the rangers with audio over the other games though. All the places you can go to have been suggested.

The only series with conflicting times that they might show over rangers pens are Caps/Flyers.

I'm down to catch a game with you as long you don't wear a Lundqvist jersey like I do.:laugh:

Thanks. I think I will try The Senate. If it's not good enough then I will check out Realsports. No I will not be wearing any jerseys, just a NYR T-shirt and cap. Looking forward to meeting some fans.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Normally I would have said Pens would win this series, but they are playing with a 3rd string Goalie, so you may just win this one!

The good old Prescott in little Italy is a classic bar for games!:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad