Ottawa Sharpshooters lets try this again

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Can someone from the Sharpshooters explain why there is a U16 AA and a U16 AAA team on the website but some players are rostered on both teams? Also are the stats up to date? It only shows 2 games for the AA and 4 for the AAA.....

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
explanation

Hi No Skin, the way it works is the games played per team are up to date. those are the games that the team has played as a unit. But they also play games up, games we feel the fit vs another team is fair.

Example when we played Northwood u16, and u18. We did not ice our strongest teams, because we want the players to develop and we are not there to destroy teams, at the same time we have other games going on vs teams that might benefit that player in particular.

Example we had games in lake placid with u18 and u16, a university has their eye on one of our u16 players, the only time that scout could be there was during u18 game so he played with the u18. But at the same time we had Junior games, and U16 games going on so we played the players where we felt was better for everyone. We had a slow start this year regarding games because so called sanctioned bodies have run some interference but by season end each player will have played 50 games plus. Contrary to other organizations we have a hectic schedule as the year progresses.
System is not perfect, especially when you have different opinions from Parents on how their son/daughter is performing.
Credibility is important to us so we are not going to insert a player in the line-up who is not ready.Just as a selling point to the family or to attract revenue.
In other words if a player receives an opportunity to play with our junior team, it is because he can play Juniors at various levels in North America.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Hi No Skin, the way it works is the games played per team are up to date. those are the games that the team has played as a unit. But they also play games up, games we feel the fit vs another team is fair.

Example when we played Northwood u16, and u18. We did not ice our strongest teams, because we want the players to develop and we are not there to destroy teams, at the same time we have other games going on vs teams that might benefit that player in particular.

Example we had games in lake placid with u18 and u16, a university has their eye on one of our u16 players, the only time that scout could be there was during u18 game so he played with the u18. But at the same time we had Junior games, and U16 games going on so we played the players where we felt was better for everyone. We had a slow start this year regarding games because so called sanctioned bodies have run some interference but by season end each player will have played 50 games plus. Contrary to other organizations we have a hectic schedule as the year progresses.
System is not perfect, especially when you have different opinions from Parents on how their son/daughter is performing.
Credibility is important to us so we are not going to insert a player in the line-up who is not ready.Just as a selling point to the family or to attract revenue.
In other words if a player receives an opportunity to play with our junior team, it is because he can play Juniors at various levels in North America.

I still do not understand how you can be on a roster of both an AA and AAA team? Usually you would be on an AA team and get called up to a AAA team but you would not appear as a player on both rosters. Does the fact that you are not sanctioned allow you to put players on multiple rosters and not affiliate in the traditional sense?

Reactions: Notsosharpshooter

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
affiliates

I still do not understand how you can be on a roster of both an AA and AAA team? Usually you would be on an AA team and get called up to a AAA team but you would not appear as a player on both rosters. Does the fact that you are not sanctioned allow you to put players on multiple rosters and not affiliate in the traditional sense?

Hi No Skin, 1st we are sanctioned by the oldest sporting body in North America.
2nd it works the same way we have rostered players and affiliates, if you end up playing as an affiliate technically you are on our roster.

If a Midget AA player gets called up for a HEO AAA game, he is listed on their roster on their website so I am trying to understand your question.

thank you

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
attendance

Hi can someone let dogger on the Cpjhl discussion topic we are averaging 54 Paying fans per game but keep in mind that number does not include any children under 18 because we do not charge them. Fans in Total, our average is 72.
thank you
Angelo

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
Hi No Skin, 1st we are sanctioned by the oldest sporting body in North America.
2nd it works the same way we have rostered players and affiliates, if you end up playing as an affiliate technically you are on our roster.

If a Midget AA player gets called up for a HEO AAA game, he is listed on their roster on their website so I am trying to understand your question.

thank you

Your website has now changed to show many players (10 on each team) as Affiliates. But the teams rosters show the exact same names...so some are AP's for both teams and some are listed on both rosters but not as AP's. Its hard to understand why you are bothering to list this as two teams when it looks to be the exact same team in both U15 and U16...I also don't understand how birth year 2000 kids can be on a U15 roster...

Last edited:

Notsosharpshooter

Mar 27, 2018
state of affairs

Your words are well taken, in the last couple of years if my memory is right, there was 4, I can check and let you know exactly how many. but your right on alot aspects, but I think that is also due, to the fact that like some prep schools popping up now, they are really based on european kids, I think you will start seeing a swing going the other way.
A good amount of prep schools/independent programs, their core was built around the dollar sign , not education and development.

As for a lot kids not reaching their goals, there I have to disagree with you, because it is the other way for us, I do not lie to them, I lay on the line, so my players for the most part set realistic goals and they understand why they are doing this. That is why the majority of players I help play hockey longer.
I really believe as parents begin to educate themselves, they will start to realize that playing with a certain team sometimes lacks the benefits they were looking for, no matter what level you label it. and that a team having your rights for four years can be destructive to your options, as you know teams are asking a lot more than they used to for PDF fees, and some organisations see it as an extra avenue to make money. and they totally ignore the consequences for the players.
Also with the new Ontario law for families making $50000- university is free in Ontario. will also change things.

But do not misunderstand what I am saying, the Chl is a very good option, but there are also other ones out there. It is a numbers game, there are a lot of talented players in Eastern Ontario, and for majority of them, If there going to player Junior A hockey, it will have to be away from home, in some cases it is not because of lack of talent.
My biggest concern is you can actually see a correlation between a drop(boys side) to the branches exercising more power over the years within hockey Canada. and the focus should start being directed, at out of the box ways to keep kids in hockey and somewhere down the line there has to be a balance between money decisions, and the love of the sport decisions. to me personally, making an extra $10000, is less important than having 10 productive human beings entering society as young adults.
I loved Hockey Canada, it gave me a lot, it help shape me into the person I am Now. but unfortunately people are allowed to disagree and have different opinions and somewhere it became a try to discredit, attack threaten anyone who goes against the powers that be. Again I emphasize not hockey Canada but some branches. But I still have to look at Hockey Canada, because they have become facilitators to what some branches are doing.

As for scouts, not being able to attend, again not an opinion but a fact, we had no issues attracting attention, if you do not believe me, just ask any of the families you meet in the rinks that played with us. and next year it will be even better, being a part of the Ejepl.
I enjoy reading much of this banter. I have heard rail of families joining these outlaw teams. There were promises of several showcase tournaments, over 100 hours of practice and more than 40 games gaurenteed. The actual fact is these are all not true. There are not enough team to make this gaurentee, there are not enough families involved. The experience in Ottawa was lies, half truths, no honesty , no communication and everything is hidden from everyone. Our families did not have access to other families, everything went through the owner. You would get a call, your playing in a tournament this weekend, we leave tomorrow. No notice, no communication. Your told many things, promise this, promise that and it turned out all false. Look what happened with both teams kicked out of the league for using ineligible players. This is because he entered 2 teams and used the same players. Then they have to play each other in the playoffs, guess what happens. But, he took the money from the families. I would recommend going to a reputable league with reputable people running the team.

Notsosharpshooter

Mar 27, 2018
Can someone from the Sharpshooters explain why there is a U16 AA and a U16 AAA team on the website but some players are rostered on both teams? Also are the stats up to date? It only shows 2 games for the AA and 4 for the AAA.....
I can answer your question with ease. There was no AA team. They did not have enough players. The U16AAA team was really the AA team talent wise. And the parents who do anything for their children got U18 games and Jr games too. Some U16 players actually did very well, playing more than 60 games. The AA I don't believe played 5 games and the 16AAA were less than 20. But, all were promised 40-50 games and 100 hours of practice. Angelo controls everything and makes it difficult to see and understand the league, how games are played and recorded. He changes websites steady and told lies about showcases, games and team we were to play. And at the end of the day it was expected U6aa paid the same amount as U18aaa (I'm using AAA very lose when talking sharpshooters). Some of the coaching i witnesses was shocking. Swearing at kids, hard swears too, kicking kids off the ice, yelling at parents, abusing officials, not paying officials, cover stories about why kicked out of leagues. The man is dreaming. I witnessed a player full on hit the coach after an over the top verbal abusing received from the coach. The coach made threats to the player about going to the hospital. I'm surprised nobody has gone to the HRTO Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario to register a complaint about the treatment received. I for one grew tired of hearing how everyone was against him as a coach and owner and hockey politics were to blame for his downfall. End of the day, it was the way the program was run and its operator who are to blame. People are smarter than Angelo gives credit for. If you want to sign with his organization, do your homework. Ask around, talk to people.

Last edited:

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
It was easy to see what the OP was like, by his behaviour here. He was a condescending ass, who talked in circles and got lost in his own bullshit.
He came out like wildfire, going off about what a great league the CPJHL was going to be, and the ‘checks and balances’ they had in place to ensure success. He spouted off about the incredible growth the league had already experienced, with new franchises popping up weekly. When these franchise folded, it wasn’t a sign of trouble, it was proof of the ‘checks and balances’.
During the first season he bragged about his powerhouse team, and how they were leading this wonderful league. He mentioned the quality of the players playing ‘Junior A, Junior B, Junior AAA, Junior C and AAA’, but stayed silent when posters showed a large number of Local League and House League players. At the end of the year, after stating earlier that he couldn’t post on the pages anymore, he came on to congratulate his players on winning the CPJHL. Then boldfaced lied and said that they were leaving the CPJHL due to differences in opinions with the owners, and the league’s association with questionable people (Joe K).
He then started pumping up the NCPHL(?), that they were going to that league, because it was stronger, better organized, and better for the players. Suddenly the NCPHL folded, and he was silently back in the CPJHL. He never returned to respond to questions about financial compensation for players left without teams, about the failed ‘checks and balances’, about the quality of play when kids that couldn’t make local Jr C teams were playing in showcase games. He remained hidden as his 2 teams were booted from the CPJHL playoffs, and his lease wasn’t renewed.

Notsosharpshooter

Mar 27, 2018
It was easy to see what the OP was like, by his behaviour here. He was a condescending ass, who talked in circles and got lost in his own bull****.
He came out like wildfire, going off about what a great league the CPJHL was going to be, and the ‘checks and balances’ they had in place to ensure success. He spouted off about the incredible growth the league had already experienced, with new franchises popping up weekly. When these franchise folded, it wasn’t a sign of trouble, it was proof of the ‘checks and balances’.
During the first season he bragged about his powerhouse team, and how they were leading this wonderful league. He mentioned the quality of the players playing ‘Junior A, Junior B, Junior AAA, Junior C and AAA’, but stayed silent when posters showed a large number of Local League and House League players. At the end of the year, after stating earlier that he couldn’t post on the pages anymore, he came on to congratulate his players on winning the CPJHL. Then boldfaced lied and said that they were leaving the CPJHL due to differences in opinions with the owners, and the league’s association with questionable people (Joe K).
He then started pumping up the NCPHL(?), that they were going to that league, because it was stronger, better organized, and better for the players. Suddenly the NCPHL folded, and he was silently back in the CPJHL. He never returned to respond to questions about financial compensation for players left without teams, about the failed ‘checks and balances’, about the quality of play when kids that couldn’t make local Jr C teams were playing in showcase games. He remained hidden as his 2 teams were booted from the CPJHL playoffs, and his lease wasn’t renewed.
I like the cut of your jib! Clearly, you have been through it with Angelo before. Maybe , finally it will be over for him. Even his biggest supporters have left the organization. It is baffling to me how he expects U15 player to pay the same fees as U18, without the games and practices. I mean he says your gauranteed these games but, they never materialize. He says, just wait December you will be complaining about to much hockey! That never happened, might have received 4 ice times in all of December. And why does he pay men's league prices for ice? He won't show the books on that. Everything is a secret. I'm just st glad to be out of there, never to return and I caution anyone who is thinking of attending. I know a poor goalie who paid the full payment upfront with the promise of showcases and games. The kid played 3 games all season and paid the same as every other goalie getting 20 games or more. What a nightmare! Hopefully,people read these and make good decisions.

BackBringCam

Nov 14, 2005
Kemptville
Angelo

Though you have not posted in awhile, perhaps you still look at this thread?
You encourage questions throughout, state "just ask", yet I find majority of your responses confusing as if you did not understand the question/statement or are deliberately avoiding the answer requested. So here are a couple clear questions that I am confident anyone who is "doing their homework" as you encourage families to do, may be interested in.

1) post your hockey "resume". Your playing and your coaching/training experience, include teams, associations and dates; (if this is somewhere else already and I missed it, my bad)

2)you are adamant you are running the best and most honest program out there, but in a world of fly by night programs, please be clear, What is TRULY in this for YOU?

Appreciate your honesty and clarity in these simple, straightforward questions that are important research for prospective families.

DaSteveMcQueen

Apr 10, 2018
Angelo

You encourage questions throughout, state "just ask", yet I find majority of your responses confusing as if you did not understand the question/statement or are deliberately avoiding the answer requested. So here are a couple clear questions that I am confident anyone who is "doing their homework" as you encourage families to do, may be interested in.

1) post your hockey "resume". Your playing and your coaching/training experience, include teams, associations and dates; (if this is somewhere else already and I missed it, my bad)

2)you are adamant you are running the best and most honest program out there, but in a world of fly by night programs, please be clear, What is TRULY in this for YOU?

Appreciate your honesty and clarity in these simple, straightforward questions that are important research for prospective families.

Maybe you don't know this but he's moved his operations to the GMHL so odds of him coming back to this forum, and this particular thread, are slim to none. Besides, he's too busy recruiting you know, as he's all over the place right now announcing the arrival of Junior A hockey to Ottawa! Here's all you need to know though: The Death Pool – Special Report – GMHL Adds CPJHL Reject In Ottawa

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014
This is hilarious! Even better is it is two boots in the only two years the CPJHL has existed. The guy couldn’t follow the rules of a league that he helped write the rules for. Now he moves to a league he couldnt stop trashing.
The ad is amazing, Ottawa has an NHL team and an OHL team, so “there will be lots of exposure”....seriously, what idiot would believe the Senators or the 67’s would assist or scout the GMHL? School will also be available for players “at an extra cost”, because it will cost the team more? Brutal, but there will be many fools looking to follow this pied piper to nowhere

Notsosharpshooter

Mar 27, 2018
explanation

There are a number of half truths told by Angelo. The way I remember things were always last minute, not organized and I remember being told at least 40-50 games. Simply not true. There were players who got 50 games but, they were playing U16, U18 and Jr games. Angelo, gets you to sign with all his promises. But, please do your homework. This program is not for anyone used to structure, common sense, honesty, fairness , transparency and friendship. Believe me, there are better spots for kids to play. Just look at the history. Kicked out of leagues for not following the rules. Angelo registered 2 team in a league and used the same players. Guess what happens when they have to play against each Other? Anyone with any sense could see this but, not Angelo. Angelo is always right and everyone is against him . Hockey Canada demands he charged his players more fees but, he would not do it he says. I have never seen a coach yell and swear at kids like Angelo. It even came to physical blows on occasion. All Angelo's supports have left his side. He has recruited other people to fill in I guess but, they too will see the truth one day. Angelo G does not tell the truth, he is not honest, not transparent , not loyal, not knowledgable, not trustworthy, not connected and not a nice person. If you want someone to take your money, tell you lies, avoid the issues, make up stories don't go to Angelo just talk to a lawyer.

Reactions: BackBringCam

Notsosharpshooter

Mar 27, 2018
offer still stands

offer still stands, maybe you should come and watch before you try to create your facts with fiction.
Sharpshooters had great difficulty with coaching, player recruits and transparency. These are facts. Angelo hides everything from everyone, I don't think he knows the truth. He has 3-4 teams on the books but, only has enough players to fill 2 rosters, he moves players around to fill spots. It looks good but, in actuality it's fraudulent. Just look at the wolves Vs. Sharpshooters last year in the playoffs. I think both teams were removed from the league and Angelo had more egg on his face. You can't build an association through fraudulent activities, lies, broken promises and dishonesty. Did I mention the lack of transparency? There us none, do your self a favour and do your homework before giving this guy any of your hard earned money!

Highlaneline

Apr 18, 2017
I think everything is starting to catch up with him. He is running around and saying "look at the system for players to develop". But when you have a your teams kicked out of the cpjhl, ncphl folded, SR A flyers team fold, a so called AAA team that was no more then a rep team fold and player who are walking away from his gmhl team 7 games in. I think it is easy to say the writing is on the way and he will have to move on to the next scam or move to a new region.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
The proof is in the pudding, all these programs have virtually collapsed.....not one kid has been recruited to a college program despite all the alleged "exposure" and "showcases" and "visibility to recruiters". Hockey Canada may have its faults and sometimes a kid does not make a team he or she should have, there are sometimes biased selection processes and crazy coaches but at the end of the day it is not a scam....

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
The problem is that over time a fresh new batch of recruits will be on his doorstep. All telling us about the opportunities for them in the program, the politics driving them out of Hockey Canada programs, blah blah blah.

Last year they were convinced many of them would be drafted into the OHL, even though not one of them was on the draft list. It's mis-information at it's best, all the time.

I honestly don't know if he is corrupt, incompetent, or both.

Highlaneline

Apr 18, 2017
Well he has gone past rock bottom now, he is telling teens and there parents that he has affiliation/scout with a Swedish elite team. He went to a midget rep game in almonte and told 3 players that he could help them progress. But they need to fallow his program to the letter.
He tells them he is a Jr A coach and why minor hockey is failing there skill level. This is the low of low. Tells them only $7500 will get them more likely hood to advance then going cchl2 or cchl2 routes.
Only thing he knows is to scam.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
Well one of his former crew, Chudleigh is now playing is Sweden so maybe thats the angle.

For what it's worth, hes playing in the 2nd division which has about 100 teams.

Notsosharpshooter

Mar 27, 2018
Angelo

He will never respond with honesty to these kind of questions. He preaches honesty, transperancy, integrity but, end of the day he does not practice any of these. Angelo hinds things from the players and parents. Angelo gives a lot of smoke and mirrors. Angelo does not know what honesty is. Angelo has so many half truths circulating, he does not even remember what the truth is. Playing for his team is a nightmare. It is constant changes, not organized, over priced, just a disaster. Angelo has been removed from teams, associations, leagues and is just not a good role model for these players. It's the swearing at the kids, the bullying, the mind games, the tricks, the abusive manner. Once the players and parents get a taste for what is going on, they leave. I'm surprised Angelo has not been sued. He very well might have been? I should not speak too soon. All I will say is Angelo can't be trusted. There are better avenues for your hockey player, do your family a favour and try other teams. Just look at what happened with the Wolves and sharpshooters. Using illegal players and both teams removed from the league. Angelo suited up the same kids for both teams, great way to get lots of games in until they have to play each other. Angelo thought he out smarted everyone? Guess not!

Notsosharpshooter

Mar 27, 2018
Your website has now changed to show many players (10 on each team) as Affiliates. But the teams rosters show the exact same names...so some are AP's for both teams and some are listed on both rosters but not as AP's. Its hard to understand why you are bothering to list this as two teams when it looks to be the exact same team in both U15 and U16...I also don't understand how birth year 2000 kids can be on a U15 roster...
This is all true from No Skin. Angelo uses these strategies to collect money from families. Tells them tall rails to make them believe untruths. U15 team was changed to U16AA, U16 was U16AAA. A number of players played JR, U18 and U 16 and without this happening, Angelo did not have enough players to play games. Angelo is very secretive about all aspects of the program. You can't get straight honest answers from him. To get players to sign up, Angelo makes promised. Players are told about playing 40-50 games, 100 hours of practice time, video sessions, off ice work outs. For 90% this does not happen. Players maybe called with no notice about a game tomorrow and are expected to go? With no consideration given to commitments for work and school. There is no calander of events given, its fly by the seat of your pants. Emails are hidden from parents, nobody knows each other. Angelo tries to control all aspects of his teams, players and families. It really is a joke. Surprised he has not been sued by patents before. Do your homework before committing to this program, it will save you time and money! And to boot Angelo is not even the owner the Sharpshooters........ bet that was news to everyone? He portrays to be the owner but, he is not. More lies from a man trying to find the truth, the actual truth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad