Sens at World championship

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
1g 1a so far in exhibition game against Austria
Great to see that Greig made the team.

Exciting for him and a great achievement. This could be another steppingstone for him to taking his game to the next level. To me, he is the type of player you lean on in the playoffs with his style of play and ability to be a difference maker, whether it be taking a hit to make a play, blocking a shot, a big hit, a big goal, a big penalty kill play, driving the other team crazy, etc. etc.

I see that Pinto, Tkachuk and Sanderson are on the US Team (and Kubalik on the Czech team).
Will certainly add more interest to watching this tourney to have that representation.

Little surprised that Batherson was not added to Team Canada.
Was he invited to the team and turned it down or just not invited?

Reactions: Dionysus

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Will be great to see how Riddler fits in on a young and skilled Canadian team.

Should be a good tournament for following Sens players! USA team is loaded with Brady, Pinto, and Sandy.

Any other players playing? I think Stu is still recovering from injury. Pickings get pretty slim as you go down the Sens lineup.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Great to see that Greig made the team.

Exciting for him and a great achievement. This could be another steppingstone for him to taking his game to the next level. To me, he is the type of player you lean on in the playoffs with his style of play and ability to be a difference maker, whether it be taking a hit to make a play, blocking a shot, a big hit, a big goal, a big penalty kill play, driving the other team crazy, etc. etc.

I see that Pinto, Tkachuk and Sanderson are on the US Team (and Kubalik on the Czech team).
Will certainly add more interest to watching this tourney to have that representation.

Little surprised that Batherson was not added to Team Canada.
Was he invited to the team and turned it down or just not invited?
Batherson is part of the 2018 WJC team. Hockey Canada has suspended all the players until the matter is closed.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Batherson is part of the 2018 WJC team. Hockey Canada has suspended all the players until the matter is closed.

They will of course reverse position on this if it seems Makar's spot on the Olympic team is in jeopardy

Now that charges have been laid, you would think they might narrow the suspensions down. Sucks for Bath. If they are going to do that before the olympics, they should do it now.

Reactions: SanderSen

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Ridley Grieg played 9:22 zero points won 4-2
Shane Pinto played 15:37 2 assists won 6-1
Jake Sanderson played 19:52 i zero points won 6-1
Brady Tkachuk played 16:15 scored US 1st goal won 6-1
Dominik Kubalik played 15:14 zero points won 1-0 on pens
Dominik Kubalik played 14:12 zero points won 6-3

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
NO Grieg today for Canada

US and Czech did not play today.

Remember Kaspars Daugavins, he is the Captain of Latvia, they have won both their opening 2 games both in OT and Daugevins has scored both winners, he is currently tied for the lead in scoring with 5 points 3g 2a tied with some guy called Bedard
Also another ex Sen was playing in the same game and scored for France Stephane De Costa.

Last edited:

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I feel so ripped off. Bedard didn't even complete his hattrick :rolleyes: Did get a close-up of Nick Paul on the cube though :D

1715538450574.gif

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

Remember Kaspars Daugavins, he is the Captain of Latvia, they have won both their opening 2 games both in OT and Daugevins has scored both winners, he is currently tied for the lead in scoring with 5 points 3g 2a tied with some guy called Bedard
Also another ex Sen was playing in the same game and scored for France Stephane De Costa.
Love Daugavins, he always had that Daug in him

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

So Grieg is just a healthy scratch with all of the additions Canada recently made? It's a long tournament, and he will probably get back in there before long, especially given how versatile he is - he can play up or down the lineup, centre or wing...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ridley Grieg played 9:22 zero points won 4-2
Shane Pinto played 15:37 2 assists won 6-1
Jake Sanderson played 19:52 i zero points won 6-1
Brady Tkachuk played 16:15 scored US 1st goal won 6-1
Dominik Kubalik played 15:14 zero points won 1-0 on pens
Dominik Kubalik played 14:12 zero points won 6-3
Undefeated

Reactions: DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Ottawa Sens led USA not doing well, down 4-1 to Slovakia after 2 periods.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Team USA Sens lost to Slovakia in 5-4 in OT. Brady Tkachuk in the post game interview sounds like he wants to have a fight even though there is no fighting allowed in the IIHF..😄😄😄

• Haha
Reactions: Micklebot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad