Rumor: Ottawa one of the two finalists for Clarkson U defenseman Kevin Tansey.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
You know, for a supposed "unwanted location" for free agents, we are pretty good at drawing in college kids.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Murray's always been a mastermind at drawing in College kids.

Penner
Kunitz?
Winchester
Butler
DaCosta
Robinson
O'Connor

Was runner-up for Bozak, Tanev and Schultz.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You know, for a supposed "unwanted location" for free agents, we are pretty good at drawing in college kids.

Murray got in on the ground floor as far as signing un-drafted NCAA kids is concerned.

He's got pedigree, and a proven history of giving them full support and honest chances. He has a reputation of being a GM who will work with you and share in the responsibility to develop you, rather than just seeing you as an asset and expecting you to be ready right away.

It's one of those times where our reputation among players works in our favor.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm not sure I trust anyone coming out of the Clarkson hockey school to be any good.

Todd White was a Clarkson kid. Borowiecki is too.

Dave Taylor, Willie Mitchell, Erik Cole, Craig Conroy, Grant Clitsome, Craig Laughlin, Todd Marchant, Luciano Borsato, Steve Dubinsky, Colin Patterson, Chris Clark...

... it's pretty good for such a small school.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

Dave Taylor, Willie Mitchell, Erik Cole, Craig Conroy, Grant Clitsome, Craig Laughlin, Todd Marchant, Luciano Borsato, Steve Dubinsky, Colin Patterson, Chris Clark...

My David Clarkson school of hockey joke fell flat.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The David Clarkson School for Kids Who Can't Play Hockey Good

What is this... a school for ants! It has to be at least... 3 times bigger.

NNYSens

Aug 28, 2014
I live close to Clarkson and go to a couple games a year. I saw them play Union and they took A LOT of dumb penaltys. I think Tansey had 3 of them, it was not impressive.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
I live close to Clarkson and go to a couple games a year. I saw them play Union and they took A LOT of dumb penaltys. I think Tansey had 3 of them, it was not impressive.

He's a physical, young, defensive defenseman so that doesn't really surprise me, I'm sure Borowiecki had very similar problems when he was younger.

VermetteFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
plDj1Ht.png

ioQYGRp.png

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Free assets are free assets. Cool.

It's been pretty refreshing seeing a bunch of College FA choose Ottawa as a destination when there are other teams interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad