Confirmed with Link: Ottawa "fans" believe the hype and go over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
His point totals look better than they actually are because he started the season with 17 points in 11 games. Since then he has 27 points in 46 games, or 0.59 PPG.

That's fine but in any season you have lulls and dips. The biggest example I can give is if you look at Duchene and Turris. At the start, Turris was devouring Duchene on a point per game basis. Since then, though, Duchene has hit his stride and is ahead of Turris. Which puts it in the camp of Duchene is in fact, a better player than Turris in the offensive.

I rather take a full overview of a season than to analyse lulls and dips in people's play. This tends to scrutinize players more than they should be. The bottom line is where I rather look at: Essentially, EK is on par to get close to his average, and we all can see his mobility is not there right now due to the surgery. Furthermore, we know he didn't get a full training regimen due to the ankle.

I'm more impressed he's keeping up to his average with that little off ice training and a new cadaver of a ligament and it should show that this guy is quite the special talent.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
the same post you say people call you nieve you call everyone a bunch of morons lol. high horse again

Do you not realize that everyone is on a high horse, including yourself? What is the difference between how you react to others? Nothing.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He's also averaging 0.77 points per game.

Shooting the puck more increases the chances of getting a goal, but that could be more the case that he's thinking too much and picking his spots instead of letting things go natural. And that could really be based off of the background noise that might have impacted him.

Again, still a blip in the radar IMO. he has a lower shooting percentage and still around his average point per game. If anything, that should show you he's starting to evolve a tad more as a point scorer. Which leads far more towards he's still pretty dang good.

No matter how you spin it, he is f***ing terrible this year. Terrible. He and goaltending have torpedoed this season. That is basically it.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
No matter how you spin it, he is ****ing terrible this year. Terrible. He and goaltending have torpedoed this season. That is basically it.

You know, math has a very hard time being wrong.

And if you're being sarcastic, then apologies cause it doesn't relate very well over the internet, but I just essentially proved that he's top five in Points per Game and close to his average which, by retrospect, is below what he has done the last three years but still acceptable in the long run.

I rather put the blame on Goaltending, which you correctly flagged, not being able to score enough goals. Also not capitalizing on power plays is pretty poor in the sense of trying to have a good season.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You know, math has a very hard time being wrong

math is never wrong, it's the people doing the math that are sometimes wrong.

if you knock off his first two years as you said you did.....you might want to check the math again because it's wrong.

and with the wrong math some of the premise of your point of view is flawed.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
by the same token, if you eliminate his brutal 10 game pointless streak after those first 11 games, his pts per game was .75 in the last 36 games. Not sure you can pick and choose which portion of the season to count.

0.75 is still lower than his 2011-12 to 2016-17 average of 0.91. Part of that is his low PDO though. My overarching point is that his offensive game hasn't been that good compared to his usual level after those first 11 games.

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
math is never wrong, it's the people doing the math that are sometimes wrong.

if you knock off his first two years as you said you did.....you might want to check the math again because it's wrong.

and with the wrong math some of the premise of your point of view is flawed.

Maybe I did not phrase it properly but his average is actually including his first two years. I was saying that you can knock off the first two years as they were his rookie years and a lot lower than average years for arguments sakes in regards to his norm. But for math sakes, I took all of it; no omissions.

0.75 is still lower than his 2011-12 to 2016-17 average of 0.91. Part of that is his low PDO though. My overarching point is that his offensive game hasn't been that good compared to his usual level after those first 11 games.

True, his PPG average is higher ignoring the first two years but I don’t like removing statistics. For contract sakes, it definitely helps them argue max value win a high PPG. But then management argues the much lower number this year compared to previous years as a concern.

It depends how they argue the contract negotiation I guess. Both ways can have good or bad if you decide to take all his years in the league or just the ones he had in the six year contract he signed. The exercise was more to show that he’s not that far off his norm with all of his years included plus he’s still top five in PPG in the leaders of points with actually the least games played right now. His potential to go higher is actually better than all nine other players.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Maybe I did not phrase it properly but his average is actually including his first two years. I was saying that you can knock off the first two years as they were his rookie years and a lot lower than average years for arguments sakes in regards to his norm. But for math sakes, I took all of it; no omissions.

True, his PPG average is higher ignoring the first two years but I don’t like removing statistics. For contract sakes, it definitely helps them argue max value win a high PPG. But then management argues the much lower number this year compared to previous years as a concern.

It depends how they argue the contract negotiation I guess. Both ways can have good or bad if you decide to take all his years in the league or just the ones he had in the six year contract he signed. The exercise was more to show that he’s not that far off his norm with all of his years included plus he’s still top five in PPG in the leaders of points with actually the least games played right now. His potential to go higher is actually better than all nine other players.

if you want to understand his level of play this year relative to his career, once you knock off his initial 2 years as you suggested, this year is far below his career average and that's the point really. He isn't this year what he has been. IMO he's undisputedly been the best D man in the league over the past 5 years but this year he hasn't been close to that...not even remotely...his play this year, notwithstanding his production, wouldn't warrant him being paid amongst the top 5 D in the league.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You know, math has a very hard time being wrong.

And if you're being sarcastic, then apologies cause it doesn't relate very well over the internet, but I just essentially proved that he's top five in Points per Game and close to his average which, by retrospect, is below what he has done the last three years but still acceptable in the long run.

I rather put the blame on Goaltending, which you correctly flagged, not being able to score enough goals. Also not capitalizing on power plays is pretty poor in the sense of trying to have a good season.

I don't have the time or inclination to go over it, but if I really wanted to I could find at least 12 points in the standings directly attributable to Kralsson picking his nose doing nothing, quitting on plays, but covers it up with smashing his stick. I am not being sarcastic. I have seen Erik Karlsson play before. And this looks like Space Jam to me. Where is the alien with his hockey skills?

Analysis of points doesn't pass the eye test if you watched every game he played this year. He is at the bottom of the league in plus/minus and I am embarrassed that he is as crap as he is.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Ran the draft simulator 10 times.

Sens came in 4th 3 times
Sens came in 3rd 2 times
Sens came in 2nd 1 time
Sens came in 6th 3 times
Sens came in 5th 1 time
Sens came in 1st 0 times :(

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't have the time or inclination to go over it, but if I really wanted to I could find at least 12 points in the standings directly attributable to Kralsson picking his nose doing nothing, quitting on plays, but covers it up with smashing his stick. I am not being sarcastic. I have seen Erik Karlsson play before. And this looks like Space Jam to me. Where is the alien with his hockey skills?

Analysis of points doesn't pass the eye test if you watched every game he played this year. He is at the bottom of the league in plus/minus and I am embarrassed that he is as crap as he is.

and you could do the same with Anderson / Condon.

This is the biggest reason I look forward to next year. We have some great pieces. A typical year from EK and a bounce back from.Andy and this is a different team

Reactions: coladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->