Ottawa and LA, only 2 teams remaining without a regulation loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I thought I also heard CBC say the sens have lowest goals allowed. Boucher's system looks to be in place.

Karlsson should sit till they lose in regulation ;)

tk2001

Oct 2, 2010
Ottawa
I thought I also heard CBC say the sens have lowest goals allowed. Boucher's system looks to be in place.

Karlsson should sit till they lose in regulation ;)

I thought I heard that too! But LA has only allowed 7 against, and Carolina has allowed 8. Ottawa is third with 10.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Weird, then if you go to points percentage on NHL page, they are ranked second in the league behind LA, which makes more sense.

Points percentage is how teams should be ranked, but right now it's ROW and we only have two of those.
I have enjoyed the romps whilst being 40% possession, we need all these points down the road.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Points percentage is how teams should be ranked, but right now it's ROW and we only have two of those.
I have enjoyed the romps whilst being 40% possession, we need all these points down the road.
pts % is not how teams should be ranked. if a team has 8 points in 5 games, they have more points than a team with 6 in 3. the fact that one team played less games shouldn't affect the stadnings

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
pts % is not how teams should be ranked. if a team has 8 points in 5 games, they have more points than a team with 6 in 3. the fact that one team played less games shouldn't affect the stadnings
Good thing at the end of the season, everyone will have played the same number of games, or the Sens might be in real trouble.

Reactions: torniojaws

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

interestingly, many of the other metrics; GF%, xGF%, SF%, FF%, are much more flattering.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
is this sarcasm lol. i agree with what u say

I guess the point is neither raw points or pts% are perfect indicators. Pts earned are better than pts on pace for, but games in hand has some serious value too, which pts % attempts to address.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
j
Media is telling the truth this time lol

Loser points are padding their stats
just like it was with the leafs last season lol. but the leafs kinda deserved it tho because of all those blown leads. they could have won the division if they didn't blow all those leads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad