Ottawa 67's 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Luchuk to Barrie for a player, 2 seconds,one third. Would have loved to get Luchuk here and we could easily have paid that price. Geez Barrie is improving their team, why can't we.IMO Barrie is not much closer than we are to make an impact.
I’m not sure that was a good fit. We didn’t have a comparable forward to flip in that deal so the player would have been comparable to Clark, Robertson, Bahl or Stratis. A 17 year old forward with 18 points in 28 games is a hefty price to pay when you are flipping a couple 2nds and 3rd with it.

I think we need a centre, not a winger. If we deal from that pool of players above, we need to make sure what we are getting is top shelf high end, preferably a player that may be around next year too.

The reality is we need a goalie. If we cannot get a goalie, we may as well throw in the towel.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I’m not sure that was a good fit. We didn’t have a comparable forward to flip in that deal so the player would have been comparable to Clark, Robertson, Bahl or Stratis. A 17 year old forward with 18 points in 28 games is a hefty price to pay when you are flipping a couple 2nds and 3rd with it.

I think we need a centre, not a winger. If we deal from that pool of players above, we need to make sure what we are getting is top shelf high end, preferably a player that may be around next year too.

The reality is we need a goalie. If we cannot get a goalie, we may as well throw in the towel.
Agreed about the goalie. As for Luchuk I thought he was a center...my bad.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit

Luchuk is a centre with almost 60% FOW.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's beat Peterboro 5-2

Goal
1ST 19:38
#71 Kody Clark (12) scores. Assists: #8 Sasha Chmelevski, #18 Hudson Wilson Short Handed
+/-

Goal
2ND 10:23
#4 Quinn Yule (2) scores. Assists: #22 Jack Quinn, #18 Hudson Wilson
+/-
Goal
3RD 4:44
#92 Graeme Clarke (10) scores. Assists: #19 Travis BarronPower PlayGame Winning
+/-
Goal
3RD 9:17
#8 Sasha Chmelevski (15) scores. Assists: #25 Peter Stratis, #19 Travis Barron Power PlayInsurance Goal
+/-
Goal
3RD 19:57
#17 Mitchell Hoelscher (2) scores. Empty Net

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Luchuk is a centre with almost 60% FOW.

My bad. Thought he was a LW.

The guy I would want is Brett McKenzie from North Bay, Somewhat of a local boy from Vars. Decent numbers and plays both sides of the puck.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Counts for the standings as well as the one they'll play in Gatineau later. Part of the 67's 50th anniversary year.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
LOL - The Ottawa 67's are a disgrace. No Ottawa team ever lost to the Olympiques back when I was a STH.
Doesn't matter now, it's just two french teams beating each other anyway....

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
LOL - The Ottawa 67's are a disgrace. No Ottawa team ever lost to the Olympiques back when I was a STH.
Doesn't matter now, it's just two french teams beating each other anyway....
Say what? Kind if a strange statement to follow. Two French teams? Can you explain this in layman's terms please.

Reactions: LDN

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
What a difference when you have a goalie that stops the puck, at one stage Gatineau had 10 shots on net and had 2 goals

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Again goaltending is killing us. Two weak goals and another one Tremblay let himself get out of position. Froze my a... off for that, so deflating for a team that again played well enough to win. I hope the brass stops the rhetoric that they're comfortable with their goalies. I understand they can't throw Tremblay under the bus publicly but really stop thinking we're stupid. Misters Boyd and Tourigny, we have a problem. You need to address it or at least give Andree a chance or Battaglia but Tremblay is not the answer. With a decent goalie we would easily have 10 extra points and be close to the top of the east.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I agree 100 % our goaltending sucks. Tremblay has an 881 save % and a 3.36 GAA, on the other hand Tristan Berube of Gatineau has a 928 save % and a GAA 0f 2.00. That is almost 1 goal and a half difference. Very unacceptable, especially when we have so many young kids who are trying to feel their way through the league but also have to worry if they let anyone near our net. We need to at least get a couple of big saves now and then.

I also think that we need an experienced center as stated previously on this site, we have a lot of drafts picks so don't get into a situation where these picks will be asking to leave due to lack of opportunity on the team. Only limited openings will be available especially with such a young nucleus on the current roster.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Given a choice of ONLY A OR B

A stay with what we have in Tremblay and either Andreee or Battaglia

B Thank Tremblay and go with Andree and Battaglia

Which would you choose?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Given a choice of ONLY A OR B

A stay with what we have in Tremblay and either Andreee or Battaglia

B Thank Tremblay and go with Andree and Battaglia

Which would you choose?

There would need to be a part C to that.

PART C:

Throw in the towel, and select A or B it doesn’t matter. Trade Barron and Foget because this year is a write-off AGAIN. Celebrate the 50th year with a 4 and out playoff.

The END

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If DiPietro is available, pay whatever the price is including Graham Clarke. I don’t care. Without goaltending theis team will do nothing and two years of DiPietro during a window of contention is better than 4 years of watching Boyd screw things up with Clarke.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I would draw the line at Clarke, we need his offense going forward. Besides we have plenty to offer in picks and a good young D.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
If DiPietro is available, pay whatever the price is including Graham Clarke. I don’t care. Without goaltending theis team will do nothing and two years of DiPietro during a window of contention is better than 4 years of watching Boyd screw things up with Clarke.
OMG67, Rychel said the other eve DiPietro would not be traded this year. Do you think he was just blowing smoke to increase offers?

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
OMG67, Rychel said the other eve DiPietro would not be traded this year. Do you think he was just blowing smoke to increase offers?
What GM in his right mind would tell the truth at this stage of the game? Another thing you might want to consider...Let’s say WR trades Brown, Day, McEneny & Vilardi...would you want to play behind what’s left ? I think not. DiPietro might want to move to greener pastures..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad