Ottawa 67's 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Certainly hope they are making a move. I know the brass have been hinting at staying the course etc. But it makes no sense to keep all those draft picks, no room for everybody and as OMG said its a wide-open division and we are close to being very competitive. Time to set up the team for success....its been too long.

I think at this stage there is not a lot of dealing going on. The big talks seem to start near Christmas when owners decide if they want to go for it. I agree that we could lose a D and it would not be a bad thing. My only concern is that we get back a player that will be here for 2 years. An OA for one of our D is a waste of a trade.

I am happy for Lafreniere he is going to go to a team that he will get ice time with. Now the question is Battaglia and Tremblay. Can anyone see them going to rookie goalies this year?

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Where is the confirmation?

Wait for league offices to open up and have their coffee before anything is confirmed. Its obvious he knows that he is going there cause he knows of him in some capacity but really has nothing else to offer up. Rumours have been tweeted that Ottawa was making a deal and confirmation would be sometime this morning.

WJ

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Wait for league offices to open up and have their coffee before anything is confirmed. Its obvious he knows that he is going there cause he knows of him in some capacity but really has nothing else to offer up. Rumours have been tweeted that Ottawa was making a deal and confirmation would be sometime this morning.

WJ
Just thought you couldn't post trades without confirmation. No problem.

Pope Francis 1

Mar 13, 2013
OMG: Yes, completely get your point in the context of looking 3 years out. I was thinking 2 years out and being able to clear space to permit Peric and a TBD 2001 D more ice time and not trading a 2000 D.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Lafreniere to the Attack for Contd. 3rd in 2021 and 8th in 2019'.

What can OS expect from Oliver shows decent numbers as a 19 yo in the league. But with the Attack and 67's only meeting twice a year hard to get a handle on players from a club we see such a limited time in a season??

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Lafreniere to the Attack for Contd. 3rd in 2021 and 8th in 2019'.

What can OS expect from Oliver shows decent numbers as a 19 yo in the league. But with the Attack and 67's only meeting twice a year hard to get a handle on players from a club we see such a limited time in a season??
Decent numbers? They look awful similar to the numbers we are running with currently im not sure what you are smoking

Bubba P

Nov 12, 2012
Decent numbers? They look awful similar to the numbers we are running with currently im not sure what you are smoking
I don't know why they didn't give Propp a chance. He looks like he will be good with some playing time.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I don't know why they didn't give Propp a chance. He looks like he will be good with some playing time.
I think some GMs think they are being proactive and more intelligent when they make these quick decisions and move players along to other squads right after dealing for them. It's a bit of a pyramid scheme where the first GM gets the gravy and the next one can end up looking like a donkey. What if Propp propels his team up in the standings and Owen Sound stays at the bottom? Maybe somebody's butt will be on the line at the end of the season.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015

Clark and Bahl on Top Prospects roster Jan 25th in Guelph

Speaks to Bahl's development (he was drafted after Stratis and Robertson)

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Clark and Bahl on Top Prospects roster Jan 25th in Guelph

Speaks to Bahl's development (he was drafted after Stratis and Robertson)

Robertson and Bahl were picked with back to back picks so I’m not sure if Robertson not going is a reflection on draft position. Stratis on the other hand.....

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
A couple of things to remember. It is not necessarily the goalie that team wants to trade as much as the goalie that other teams will take.
I would suggest that both Lafreniere and Tremblay were available.

As to the trade itself, it does little to hurt OS and nothing really but opens a spot on Ottawa.

People seem to forget that this is really Stratis rookie season as he spent most of last year injured.

I can see him possibly being a late pick. Who gets drafted where and when will say a lot about how this team will deal with the defenceman.

heavydutybear

Oct 12, 2017
A couple of things to remember. It is not necessarily the goalie that team wants to trade as much as the goalie that other teams will take.
I would suggest that both Lafreniere and Tremblay were available.

As to the trade itself, it does little to hurt OS and nothing really but opens a spot on Ottawa.

People seem to forget that this is really Stratis rookie season as he spent most of last year injured.

I can see him possibly being a late pick. Who gets drafted where and when will say a lot about how this team will deal with the defenceman.

Owen Sound goalie coach very familiar with Lafreniere, so make sense that he was traded over Trembley.
As Beast stated this just moves a goalie out of the ongoing saga.

Have gone onto several teams posts, and everyone wants better goaltending and overage leadership on defence and centre ice.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Luchuk to Barrie for a player, 2 seconds,one third. Would have loved to get Luchuk here and we could easily have paid that price. Geez Barrie is improving their team, why can't we.IMO Barrie is not much closer than we are to make an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad