Ottawa 67's 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I see Lafreniere came in and did his best Mighty Mouse.... “Here I come to save the day!”

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
His performance was the best goalie performance that we've seen this year. I really hope that they continue to give him a shot and we use at least one of the OA spots on a veteran forward. I see that Kole Sherwood has been sent to Flint and didn't dress this weekend as they already have three key OA's. He would look really good on our first line.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
His performance was the best goalie performance that we've seen this year. I really hope that they continue to give him a shot and we use at least one of the OA spots on a veteran forward. I see that Kole Sherwood has been sent to Flint and didn't dress this weekend as they already have three key OA's. He would look really good on our first line.

No doubt! But, I’d still prefer a centre over a winger. But, if the price is right.....

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Doug Blaisdell for a 4th round pick may have been a very nice addition. Lots of deals out there, I wonder if GMJB is working on anything?

Runback

Jul 26, 2014
Jack Quinn ripping it up with the Kanata Lasers. 9 goals in his first 10 games.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Jack Quinn ripping it up with the Kanata Lasers. 9 goals in his first 10 games.
Impressive for a 16y.o in tier two. Glad they sent him back to develop and just get bigger. We'll likely see him later this year. On another note Ethan Manderville also doing well 13 pts in 10 games. The fact he didn't attend training camp to me indicates pretty strongly he's going NCAA but if he is drafted who knows next year. I really liked his size and skating last year....we could use that.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Ì would like to see one of Troy Lajeuenesse, Ryan Valentini or Mason Kohn as our additional overager. In addition, I would not mind replacing Tremblay with an OA defenseman, if a reliable individual becomes available.

I know it will probably not happen but it is nice to dream.

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
Ì would like to see one of Troy Lajeuenesse, Ryan Valentini or Mason Kohn as our additional overager. In addition, I would not mind replacing Tremblay with an OA defenseman, if a reliable individual becomes available.

I know it will probably not happen but it is nice to dream.
dont think wolves would trade Lajeunesse do.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
moose23

Probably not, but we can always dream. I really like Valentini and his work ethic.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Another game like 2 weeks ago, boring first two periods...17 shots combined. Poles again manage to find a way to win in the third and overtime. I'm slowly liking this team more and more. Lafreniere was solid, not overly tested but did what he needed to do. Hopefully they stop this three goalie charade and give him the ball. Really like that third line with the three 17 y.o. Bitten/Hoelscher/True. They dominated every time on the ice. Its been a long time since we had that kind of depth. We have a lot of good forward but we're missing that dominating/electric player...TK/Toffoli/Prince. Hopefully somebody steps up in that role or we acquire one in the next two years with those draft picks. Really liked how Robertson played tonight, was great out there after missing the season. Seems to have put his time to good use, at least 15 lbs bigger and much more physical out there,....umm wonder if those 2$ hot dogs have anything to do with it.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Another game like 2 weeks ago, boring first two periods...17 shots combined. Poles again manage to find a way to win in the third and overtime. I'm slowly liking this team more and more. Lafreniere was solid, not overly tested but did what he needed to do. Hopefully they stop this three goalie charade and give him the ball. Really like that third line with the three 17 y.o. Bitten/Hoelscher/True. They dominated every time on the ice. Its been a long time since we had that kind of depth. We have a lot of good forward but we're missing that dominating/electric player...TK/Toffoli/Prince. Hopefully somebody steps up in that role or we acquire one in the next two years with those draft picks. Really liked how Robertson played tonight, was great out there after missing the season. Seems to have put his time to good use, at least 15 lbs bigger and much more physical out there,....umm wonder if those 2$ hot dogs have anything to do with it.

I don't disagree about Lafreniere and the third line. I am with you 100% on the lack of dominant player. Although, I think we could formulate a bonafide 1st line with a good OA Centre. Someone that can pour in that 70-80 points and stretch out the current top 6. It would also potentially move Clarke down to the 3rd line.

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
I heard last night at the game that auger was traded to maybe kingston for a draft pick. He did not play last night.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I heard last night at the game that auger was traded to maybe kingston for a draft pick. He did not play last night.
Makes sense, with Robertson back there's only so much icetime. Auger is an OK player and a good kid so hopefully will get a chance in K-town. Now our D if the trade is confirmed is two 18y.o, four 17y.o and one sixteen y.o. We're 7-4-1, pretty impressive as typically such a young D does not yield many wins.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
On the topic of D I would like to mention Hudson Wilson. Had another good game last night, solid and makes the simple play. Also good on the PK and adds some toughness. I never thought I'd say this as I saw him as a bottom pairing guy, but I think he has top four potential in a shutdown role the next two years as good chance we get an OA year out of him.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Bahl for Liam Foudy + ?

That's wishful thinking from a Knights' fan. Bahl is a top-2 round NHL pick in next year's draft and he'll be an anchor on the 67's D for the next 2 years. Foudy is a good player (ranked in the top-100) but has 1 point in 9 games this year. The "+" would have to be substantial.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
On the topic of D I would like to mention Hudson Wilson. Had another good game last night, solid and makes the simple play. Also good on the PK and adds some toughness. I never thought I'd say this as I saw him as a bottom pairing guy, but I think he has top four potential in a shutdown role the next two years as good chance we get an OA year out of him.

Yes but it all comes down to what kind of team the fans want. I simply do not see Wilson in that top 4 role if we are a Championship calibre team. Maybe a team that goes out and wins a round in the playoffs but not make a run through the Finals.

I think we need perspective on expectations. Sometimes comments are apples to oranges from one poster to the next because of differing expectations.

I think, with the picks at their disposal, this 67’s team could be the foundation of a Championship roster with the right moves. Unfortunately, that year is next year. So, for this year, go out and better utilize the OA spots. Build some character and confidence. Claw into the top 3 in the Conference and win a round or two in the playoffs. Then, next year, blow your load on trades and make a big run. We will have a more mature defense. We should have a couple decent OA candidates. If Barron were an OA it would be fantastic. He is still 50-50 in my mind though.

If Stratis and Robertson can propell themselves forward in their 17 year old year this season, the back end will be silly good next year. Jury is still out on that though. But if they can, add Bahl and Hoef to that mix and you have the top 4 easy. Wilson plays a role as well as Peric to give the third pairing some dash and pound that will match up well against other rosters 3rd lines.

It is nice to see Lafreniere doing well. I had predicted him an OA goalie next year when we started all this 2018-2019 talk early last season. If Barron and Felhaber join him, it should be good. We need a front line centre first and foremost next year. And then maybe a sizable winger with scoring touch. We’d have three lines of ammunition, a strong defense and goaltender. That is the proper mix. IF we can get one of those two players this year as an 18 year old, even better.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Going to venture to say that Kody Clark may be the first player in OHL history to get overtime winners in three straight games. For bonus points, they've all been very, very nice goals!

The 67's won won nearly two thirds of their games but have been outscored by 16 goals, a feat which also may be a first in league history. The good news is that their D is playing much better with Okhotyuk, Stratis and Wilson continuing to improve and with Robertson's dominant comeback in his first couple games back.

I'd love to see the team add a 70-80 point OA to help out this season. We have enough picks to move a couple and still have a fully loaded cupboard to make big runs over the next two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->