Confirmed with Link: [OTT/STL] Pat Cannone to St Louis Blues for future considerations

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
He's nothing but pure muscle and he was the only player on the ice moving his ass day in and day out. The next Mike Fisher (maybe even better) and I have to read this horse manure ?!?

I'll always be a Sens fan but my patience with the Murray's is WEARING THIN.

Well, in moments like these (the trading of Tugnutt, Lalime vs Nieuwendyk, the Friesen goal, losing Alfie, and now this) where Ottawa fans have experienced gigantic blows of depression by our executive mis-management I usually turn to binge eating to escape, but I guess that might cause a suicide in some extreme situations - I'll put it on speed dial just in case. I completely feel your pain brother.

Whoa - Cannone has been talked about and praised since he first signed a contract. He lit up the Sens forum with discussion of his amazing two-way play, incomparable agility, and invaluable leadership skills (probably would have taken the C this season) and in 24K posts you've never heard of him ? More like he's all you heard of in these parts.

Where the hell is this coming from ? Who in development camp could has possibly hurdled Cannone ? He was not only ready to take the reigns of this team but he was so in shape and physically / mentally ready that he was not even invited to development camp. Is Al Strachan secretly posting under seven different accounts? More like Cannone was going to force Murray into signing him for a 2-year deal at entry level salary and then at the end of that 2nd year, after taking home all the hardware and iconifying himself as the next franchise leader, he would likely be demanding more than Melnyk's chequebook can write. If I want to read / hear unfounded speculation and grossly undervalued assertions of pure bred talent I'll unmute Sportsnet intermissions or go to TSN and listen to Jamie McLennan and Mike Johnson spew their filthy sewers as they shout into the camera.

Hey Silf - fixed the typo for you. Let me know if you need any further help.

Both QFT. Although this deal will likely set St. Louis's future in a Stanley Cup silver mold for the coming years (hence making it a blockbuster) it also shows Ottawa is being chipped away piece by piece. The nightmare does continue.

No future considerations can really equate to what Cannone brought to the rink night in and night out, but I'm assuming St. Louis will give up nothing more than Stewart with Perron / Tarasenko and Shattenkirk. Cannone was basically the equivalent of 3 top players so that would be a somewhat fair deal. We'll have to see what Murray does.
Lmao main in the picture you quoted Cannone literally has 2 chins. :laugh:

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Well, in moments like these (the trading of Tugnutt, Lalime vs Nieuwendyk, the Friesen goal, losing Alfie, and now this) where Ottawa fans have experienced gigantic blows of depression by our executive mis-management I usually turn to binge eating to escape, but I guess that might cause a suicide in some extreme situations - I'll put it on speed dial just in case. I completely feel your pain brother.

going to stream the food channel? :naughty:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I thought Da Costa had to pass through waivers to play in AHL next year.

Kramer, Hamilton and DD? Don't think I'd put them in the middle.

That leaves Grant and Culek. I guess they could sign an AHL vet or two.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought Da Costa had to pass through waivers to play in AHL next year.

Kramer, Hamilton and DD? Don't think I'd put them in the middle.

That leaves Grant and Culek. I guess they could sign an AHL vet or two.

Hamilton & DD have both already played centre in Bingo, especially Hamilton. Kramer I'm not sure if he played centre in Bingo last yr but he has played centre in junior. I also think Downing has played centre before so they have some options.

BM should trade Da Costa if he isn't in their future plans any longer, he may still have some value.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Imo lawson should be made captain he's looking like the most exprienced guy in bingo and hes shown commitment to the team by signing a one year contract knowing he'll never beat out lehner or anderson .:sarcasm:

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
From the friendly folk at the BoH forum who know these things...

"Future Considerations" defined

The Blues may have done us a favour here (taking on a contract).

You know, I've just spent ~20 minutes going over the current CBA (link to the .pdf here in case anyone is interested), and I can't find anything on the definition of what constitutes "future considerations" anywhere in the document.

Maybe danishh might have a better idea, he's the reigning "HFSens CBA/ Business of Hockey" champion.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
You know, I've just spent ~20 minutes going over the current CBA (link to the .pdf here in case anyone is interested), and I can't find anything on the definition of what constitutes "future considerations" anywhere in the document.

Maybe danishh might have a better idea, he's the reigning "HFSens CBA/ Business of Hockey" champion.

I think it means that next time Ott and STL are out on a date, the Blues will pay for dinner.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think it means that next time Ott and STL are out on a date, the Blues will pay for dinner.

I just find it interesting that a 517 page document that outlines the working relationship between the League and the PA contains no information whatsoever on the procedures that govern trades between teams*.

*(exception: it does outline player reimbursement as a result of a trade -per diems, mortagae issues, moving expenses, etc...)

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
What are the "Future Considerations" behind the scenes? Like I've always seen Future Consideration trades but don't recall the return on the said Future Considerations.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
bonktastic, FC would be defined in the NHL constitution/bylaws, not the CBA, if anywhere. I'm not well-versed in that.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Cannone's stats at Bingo

Name: Pat Cannone
Number: 12
Pos.: C
Shoots: R
Height: 5-11
Weight: 190
Birthdate: 1986-08-09
Birthplace: Bayport, NY
Bio:
2011-12: Completed his first full season of professional hockey with Binghamton, tallying 43 points (19 goals, 24 assists) and 32 penalty minutes in 76 games… Was one of the two B-Sens to appear in each of the team’s 76 regular season contests… Ranked third among B-Sens in overall team scoring… Was named the B-Sens 2011-12 Top Defensive Forward.

2010-11: Completed his collegiate career with the Miami (Ohio) RedHawks (CCHA) when his team fell 3-1 to New Hampshire at the 2011 Northeast Regional finals on March 26… Served as co-captain during his senior season… Established new collegiate career highs in points and penalty minutes while matching his career high in goals (14)… Recorded at least 30 points in each of his four seasons with Miami… Appeared in each of his team’s games (166 total) over his four-year collegiate career… Signed an entry level contract with Ottawa on April 8 and concluded his season with Binghamton where he made his professional debut that evening at Rochester… Recorded one goal and one assist in his professional debut in the B-Sens’ 4-2 win over the Americans.

2009-10: Named to the All-Midwest Regional team... Appeared in all 44 games this year for the RedHawks... Ranked fifth on the team with 31 points and 14 goals while adding 17 assists (sixth on the team)... Had six multiple-point games... Scored Miami's first two goals in the regional final vs. Michigan... Recorded three three-point games this season… Led Miami, was second in the CCHA and tied for 13th nationally with 10 power-play goals.
Playoff Stats
Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2013 Calder Cup Playoffs Binghamton Senators 3 0 0 0 -2 4
total 3 0 0 0 -2 4
Regular Season Stats
Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2012-13 Regular Season Binghamton Senators 74 10 15 25 21 41
2011-12 Regular Season Binghamton Senators 76 19 24 43 -7 32
2010-11 Regular Season Binghamton Senators 2 1 1 2 0 2
total 152 30 40 70 14 75

Ad

Upcoming events