Proposal: Ott-Nyi

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Sorry Tavares is better? Lets say they both agree to extensions. I'd say yes because I want an elite C on my team. Then again, Karl will probably put the team on his back next year and get us into the playoffs. Don't think Tavares could do that for us...

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Karlsson is the better player unless Tavares proves otherwise

bad deal

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Because as a defenseman Karlsson can generate just as much offense as him?

and that's not even getting into Karlssons all around game edge

JT has a better all around game and elavates the play of his teammates like no one else as has been proven time and time again.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Hardware, postseason success, doing things nobody has done since Bobby Orr was in the league. Tavares is a great player having a good year and a top-5ish centre in the league. Karlsson is a better player having a (relatively) shitty year on a very shitty team after rehabbing a serious injury all offseason and a top-3 player in the league. Ask that question literally half a year ago and people would ridicule you immensely. One bad half-season doesn't come close to tarnishing Karlsson's body of work.

Karlsson hardware: 2
Tavares hardware: 0

Karlsson First All-Star: 4
Tavares First All-Star: 1

Karlsson playoff series wins: 3
Tavares playoff series wins: 1

Karlsson 37 points in 44 playoff games as a defenseman
Tavares 22 points in 24 playoff games as a forward

How is EK NOT better than John Tavares?

Last edited:
Reactions: Duncstar

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Hardware, postseason success, doing things nobody has done since Bobby Orr was in the league. Tavares is a great player having a good year and a top-5ish centre in the league. Karlsson is a better player having a (relatively) ****ty year on a very ****ty team after rehabbing a serious injury all offseason and a top-3 player in the league. Ask that question literally half a year ago and people would ridicule you immensely. One bad half-season doesn't come close to tarnishing Karlsson's body of work.

Karlsson hardware: 2
Tavares hardware: 0

Karlsson First All-Star: 4
Tavares First All-Star: 0

Karlsson playoff series wins: 3
Tavares playoff series wins: 1

Karlsson 37 points in 44 playoff games as a defenseman
Tavares 22 points in 24 playoff games as a forward

How is EK NOT better than John Tavares?

It seems very silly to judge a player by hardware and a teams playoff success, it's not JT's fault the islanders have failed him so much.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
It seems very silly to judge a player by hardware and a teams playoff success, it's not JT's fault the islanders have failed him so much.

Nobody has put their entire team on their back more often than Erik Karlsson. This team is the worst in the league without him on the ice.

I answered your question. Please, tell us how Tavares is superior to Karlsson. Show your work.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Tavares Hart nominations: 2
Karlsson Hart nominations: 0

Not saying JT is better, but you can cherry picks things to support any argument.

There's been exactly one defenseman winner of the Hart Trophy in 40 years.

Postseason success, major individual trophies and First All-Star teams aren't cherry picking. That's how great players are judged.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Nobody has put their entire team on their back more often than Erik Karlsson. This team is the worst in the league without him on the ice.

I answered your question. Please, tell us how Tavares is superior to Karlsson. Show your work.

I'm not saying JT is better I'm just saying they're in the same league and EK isn't superior. seriously Ottawa is the worst team? Lol Arizona and Buffalo are just too bad for that too happen.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
There's been exactly one defenseman winner of the Hart Trophy in 40 years.

Postseason success, major individual trophies and First All-Star teams aren't cherry picking. That's how great players are judged.
And in the same time-frame not a single forward has won the Norris, yet you use that as a way to compare a forward to a defenseman.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
I was thinking I like the trade, and then you reminded me we have Erik f***ing Karlsson, and now I feel shame.

SHAME!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad