OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah that’s an interesting one. Romo does have stats but Warner and Eli have rings. Eli really wasn’t exactly ever set up to throw for a lot of yardage under Coughlin.
Or windy Giants Stadium.

I like Warner just because of the nice storyline there, and Warner went to two SBs with two different teams. He’s just at a disadvantage because he didn’t come into the NFL at age 22 and play 18 years in the league. Otherwise he’d be a lock.
And got injured pretty early on too. Really had like five years of being totally effective

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Manning and Roethlisberger are HOF locks. Easily. Both are all time Top 10 in both yards and TDs, and both have won two Super Bowls.

Rivers is right there also, minus the Super Bowls.

eli is probably going to the hall but i don't think he should. good player for a long time in a passing era. not elite. usually not even the best player on his own team. zero all-pros. 4 pro bowls (if one counts those), tied for 7th among QBs since his career started, including russell wilson and matt ryan who are probably going to pass him. even carr and dalton are already at 3.

he has 2 individual seasons when he was top 3 in passing TDs, zero if we include rushing too. zero individual seasons with top 3 passing yards (3 times in the top 5), despite playing much of his career in a pass-happy era.

good player for a long time in passing era who was part of some great teams (07) and solid teams that got hot at the right time (2011) and ended up winning the SB and he played very well in those runs.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
:huh:
He sat for two years while Brees started and he was a pro bowler in the first year he started.

prime as in the best 5 year stretch of his career. that came later when the team around him started to fall apart as AJ smith couldn't keep his talent and keep up with the great drafting he had had earlier.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
prime as in the best 5 year stretch of his career. that came later when the team around him started to fall apart as AJ smith couldn't keep his talent and keep up with the great drafting he had had earlier.
25 to 30 are typically prime years for a QB. His individual stats getting better later on probably has more to do with them moving away from the running game with LT's decline and the passing inflation going on league wide.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’m with ya choker - regardless of whether or not Eli belongs, I think he makes it into the Hall. The Giants had a pretty good run there and some players from their era will have to make it. That’s Eli and Strahan for me.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
25 to 30 are typically prime years for a QB. His individual stats getting better later on probably has more to do with them moving away from the running game with LT's decline and the passing inflation going on league wide.

his passing efficiency has improved, despite running game getting lot worse from his earlier years, along with general supporting cast around him. one would expect the opposite happen if he was on his prime earlier in his career. and in comparison to his peers, his later seasons match up better so it's not just passing inflation.

peyton, brady, rodgers, roethlisberger, romo, eli and brees also had their prime years in their 30s. some of those had one of their better years in 25-30 range but they were also more experienced than rives was in 06 and 07, which were his rookie and sophomore years. for most QBs it's probably around 25-30 but that doesn't seem to apply for the best QBs in this era.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
these QB deals (Taylor/Bortles) are interesting

Trying to read into these things - either Cousins has already pretty much let it be known who the final teams are for his services....or they simply don't think he's worth the $$$.

I like what the Jags are doing. If they can pull Mike White or a Mason Rudolph late in the first, they'd be golden. I could see them also being a huge competitor to Denver in the Nate Solder sweepstakes if the Broncos don't go for Capt Kirk.

and lol...... According to Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the #dallas cowboys could also make a run at Cousins despite having a starting quarterback in #Dak Prescott.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
his passing efficiency has improved, despite running game getting lot worse from his earlier years, along with general supporting cast around him. one would expect the opposite happen if he was on his prime earlier in his career. .
Not necessarily. I always wonder if it's because they start getting more short yardage high percentage stuff from passing that they were otherwise getting from the ground game and having more time for plays with clock stoppages that come more often from passing.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Not necessarily. I always wonder if it's because they start getting more short yardage high percentage stuff from passing that they were otherwise getting from the ground game and having more time for plays with clock stoppages that come more often from passing.

that probably has played a role too but rivers had his best yards per attempt season later in his career. i don't really care about raw completion %. so even if/as rivers has been throwing more short yardage high percentage stuff later in his career, his teams have been able to move the ball better as Y/A has gone up. and he favors there well in comparison to his peers who are most doing the same.

chargers have been one of the better teams at throwing the crossing routes (even against zone) but it wasn't until 2013 that chargers started to focus more on the short/intermediate passing game when they hired mccoy. they were air coryell team under norv turner, who focused on deep ball as much as anyone in the league.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I heard Rivers is a good dude as well.

Total you-know-what on the field though.

Yes, he definitely has that cocky thing on the field, but how many athletes have the same thing? If we're going to call him a bad person because of that, we pretty much have to label just about every trash talking athlete out there the same thing. :laugh:

I have heard he's a good guy, and I distinctly remember when he tore his ACL earlier in his career and played through the injury during a playoff game, he had his entire locker room's respect. Dude's a heck of a player.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
NFL GMs just baffle the hell out of me. Okay, I get neither Keenum nor Bridgewater are exactly ideal franchise QB material, but I don't see how you're gonna get much better than that unless you go all-in on Kirk Cousins. And given how much cap that dude's gonna eat up by himself you're probably better off just keeping one of those guys.

Unless they're giving the starting job to Kyle Sloter, but somehow I doubt it...

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Paul Millsap is a game time decision tonight. Malone said he may come off the bench for limited minutes for a few games before reclaiming the starting power forward spot.

I hope they send Chandler to the bench and not Barton.

C Jokic
PF Millsap
SF Barton
SG Harris
PG Murray

With your bench rotation being Plumlee, Lyles, Chandler, and Devin Harris.

Millsap is instant leadership and defense. The Nuggets are fully healthy, finally.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Paul Millsap is a game time decision tonight. Malone said he may come off the bench for limited minutes for a few games before reclaiming the starting power forward spot.

I hope they send Chandler to the bench and not Barton.

C Jokic
PF Millsap
SF Barton
SG Harris
PG Murray

With your bench rotation being Plumlee, Lyles, Chandler, and Devin Harris.

Millsap is instant leadership and defense. The Nuggets are fully healthy, finally.

And they proceed to lay down one of the worst choke-jobs in franchise history. Marvelous.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Sounds like the Broncos brass are stubbornly decisive that they’re a super bowl contender and going to put all their chips out on the table this offseason.

Hope it works out. I’m extremely skeptical. Elway would rather retire vs go through a rebuild.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Orlando Brown just sank his draft stock today with 14 bench presses. Saquon Barkley and Nick Chubb put up 29. Will Hernandez led all OL - that dude is going to be a beast of a dude in the NFL. He’s just nasty.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The redskins coach just told the media yesterday that Cravens isn’t going anywhere, so I wouldn’t get too wrapped up into that rumor. He pretty much squashed it.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The redskins coach just told the media yesterday that Cravens isn’t going anywhere, so I wouldn’t get too wrapped up into that rumor. He pretty much squashed it.

I think the owern (or GM?) gave an interview the day that Rapoport reported the rumor that seemed to indicate that Cravens won't be back. Cravens himself seems to be putting out some rather thinly-veiled tweets that he doesn't want to return to Washington (but wants to continue playing football). I've got to go try and find it.

If it's not the Broncos, I think he's on a new team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad