OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The only problem with Cousins to Cleveland is that there’s rumors out there that he’s not interested in the Browns.

It’s all just hot takes right now though. I don’t think Denver is going to want to pay the dude 30 million and you’d think that Cousins is going to demand at least Jimmy G money now.

No matter how it pans out I think Barkley/Rosen/Darnold/Allen/Mayfield are the top 5 picks. Maybe insert Chubb and drop Mayfield. But it’s looking good for the Broncos. I’d take almost any of those guys except Allen. Even then I’m starting to come around on Josh a little. I’m just very worried about his accuracy.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Here’s a dark horse option for the Broncos QB job that I’d be on board with.

Http://www.nbcsports.com/2018/02/12/a-j-mccarron-free-agency-ruling-expected-this-week/

Bonzai, your link doesn't work, so I took the liberty of reposting a link to the story that I think you are referring to.

A.J. McCarron free agency ruling expected this week

As for the QB situation: McCarron? He's only completed 7 passes over the past two seasons. Do you expect a mini Garoppolo-type of result from another career backup?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I’d take McCarron and still spend a #1 on a QB.

I like McCarron as a guy who may be a starter in this league. He’s definitely going to draw interest from teams, even though he’s not going to be the next coming of Peyton Manning.

Put me in the group of folks who do not want Cousins. Now that Jimmy G signed for 27-28 million you’re going to probably have to pony up 30 for Cousins. I don’t even think the guy has a winning record in the NFL. No way he’s worth that, and no way is he worth imploding the rest of the team to fit him under that salary. I am really rooting for the Jets to sign Captain Kirk so that we don’t have to worry about them jumping us in the draft. If Denver signs him, we implode our cap. Cleveland signs him, and Jets/Broncos are trying to outbid each other for Browns picks. Jets sign him, and we’re just waiting for whoever drops to us.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
One thing to figure in that $30M is put a dollar value on being able to use that #5 on Quentin Nelson, another prospect or trading down and subtract that from the number.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I really liked big Al’s solution that he talked about in the drive today.

Trade a 2nd for Nick Foles, throw all kinds of money at Nate Solder, and draft Nelson at 5.

Your OL is Solder, Leary, Nelson, Paradis and Bolles at RT. You’re automatically set at the OL position.

You got Foles - a dude that averaged damn near 70 percent completion in the playoffs. I’m not thinking Foles is the next QB messiah, but he’s probably capable behind good OL.

You keep both WR’s, cut all the goofballs like Stephenson and Watson on the OL, and maybe cut Talib depending on how much you’ve got to give Foles.

I definitely like his plan.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
First day of CFL free agency!!!!!

giphy.gif

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Spring Training starts tomorrow.....I'm not a fan of the Rockies, but I am super intrigued by this kid on the Angels. Two-way players are just so super rare.

From the Athletic:

"(Shohei) Ohtani is the heavy favorite to be AL Rookie of the Year. Seattle Mariners GM Jerry DiPoto described Ohtani in the following manner: “I’ve seen players hit a ball 500 feet and I’ve seen pitchers throw over 100 mph, I’ve just never seen one person do both until Ohtani.” He profiles to be a top-of-rotation starter because he has three wipe-out pitches, including a split-finger and slider to go with his overpowering fastball. He also throws a curveball. His bat projects to be a .270-type hitter with 20-25 home run power, but we won’t know for sure until he starts facing major league pitching on a regular basis. He’s definitely a pitcher first, but don’t underestimate his potential with the bat, too."

member 116861

What’s the deal with Manziel did he sign up there yet

He wants more money than Hamilton wants to give, I think they're only willing to pay $150K while he wants more. Hamilton already has a solid starting QB so I don't know if they will budge from their offer.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Trade a 2nd for Nick Foles, throw all kinds of money at Nate Solder, and draft Nelson at 5.

Your OL is Solder, Leary, Nelson, Paradis and Bolles at RT. You’re automatically set at the OL position.

You got Foles - a dude that averaged damn near 70 percent completion in the playoffs. I’m not thinking Foles is the next QB messiah, but he’s probably capable behind good OL.

You keep both WR’s, cut all the goofballs like Stephenson and Watson on the OL, and maybe cut Talib depending on how much you’ve got to give Foles.

This plan sounds too good to be true, though. I'd love nothing more than for it to happen but I can't see it. I think Elway drafts a QB

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
So Jokic just put up a triple double in the first half on the road against Milwaukee.

No big deal or anything.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Spring Training starts tomorrow.....I'm not a fan of the Rockies, but I am super intrigued by this kid on the Angels. Two-way players are just so super rare.

From the Athletic:

"(Shohei) Ohtani is the heavy favorite to be AL Rookie of the Year. Seattle Mariners GM Jerry DiPoto described Ohtani in the following manner: “I’ve seen players hit a ball 500 feet and I’ve seen pitchers throw over 100 mph, I’ve just never seen one person do both until Ohtani.” He profiles to be a top-of-rotation starter because he has three wipe-out pitches, including a split-finger and slider to go with his overpowering fastball. He also throws a curveball. His bat projects to be a .270-type hitter with 20-25 home run power, but we won’t know for sure until he starts facing major league pitching on a regular basis. He’s definitely a pitcher first, but don’t underestimate his potential with the bat, too."

Don't expect much from the bat. It's hard to do if you are not getting regular AB. But the arm is legit. Might be one of the best starters in the AL from the get-go.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
30 points, 15 rebounds, 17 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal

Would have been more if not for the 5 fouls and the constant fumbling of his passes by Barton and Chandler

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Philly is reportedly asking for two 1sts and got a 1st and 4th for Bradford so forget that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->