OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree but they are MUCH more talented than getting swept by the Caves. Casey gets so much credit for turning the offense around but you shouldn't get medals for putting out fires you started. So many baffling coaching decisions in that round against the Caves.
I'd disagree there. I honestly don't think they're that talented. It's amazing to me he managed to get 59 wins out of that group. I think they're in for a sharp decline next year and for years to come with Lowry/DeRozan at the forefront.

member 116861

I'd disagree there. I honestly don't think they're that talented. It's amazing to me he managed to get 59 wins out of that group. I think they're in for a sharp decline next year and for years to come with Lowry/DeRozan at the forefront.

The team is so much more than Lowry and Derozan though, OG and the bench will continue to grow. The dude did to JV as Joe Sacco did to Erik Johnson.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The team is so much more than Lowry and Derozan though, OG and the bench will continue to grow. The dude did to JV as Joe Sacco did to Erik Johnson.
The team will only go as far as Lowry and DeRozan will take them, though. And if those two have shown anything, it's that they crumble and shrink under pressure when the playoffs begin.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
It’s sad the NL West is filled with garbage teams (thanks to injuries) so it’s a perfect year for the Rockies to win the division but Bridich would rather have Pat Valaika, Daniel Castro, Ian Desmond, CarGo, and Gerardo Parra get regular ABs instead of Jordan Patterson, Ryan McMahon, Tom Murphy, etc.

I'm amazed this team is over .500

Last edited:

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
Considering how they threw the pitchers into the fire last year I'm surprised they aren't getting the young hitters ABs. Like isn't the LeMahieu injury a great chance to get McMahon games at second, or is his fielding just not up to it?

Also what do you think the solution is for Desmond? Feels like at this point he just needs to be a very expensive utility back-up but is there a chance they DFA him?

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Considering how they threw the pitchers into the fire last year I'm surprised they aren't getting the young hitters ABs. Like isn't the LeMahieu injury a great chance to get McMahon games at second, or is his fielding just not up to it?

Also what do you think the solution is for Desmond? Feels like at this point he just needs to be a very expensive utility back-up but is there a chance they DFA him?
It's cause Black has different rules for veterans and young players. Can't forget his "hit a bomb, on the lineup the next day" rule but when Dahl hit a HR this Sunday, he was benched on Monday. Which was also hilarious since Black was pissed the offense strikes out a lot after a game on Sunday, and Dahl was one of the rare players that didn't strike out in that game.

Platoon Desmond and only play him against lefties or shoot him into space. Either works for me. It's funny if you read his interviews, he's blaming everyone else but himself on his failures with the garbage "I'm a line drive hitter" or "I'm finally getting my swing back" nonsense he keeps saying. He's a sunk cost and Black is also a problem playing him every day.

Bridich built a garbage and expensive team. This is why "spend some money to be a good team Monforts!!!" takes were f***ing stupid by people that doesn't follow baseball closely. Spending money on free agents in baseball rarely work out and seems like teams figured that out this past offseason.

Only reason they're winning games are rotation is good (which I give a lot of credit to Bud Black for, he's doing great on that side), Otto/Davis and Arenado taking another step offensively.

Travis is good, read his work

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
haven't the Rockies spent like their last 20 years picking pitchers though?

I'm exaggerating - Brendan Rogers is going to be awesome....but it just seems like they have overly forced development of pitching and it's finally working out (pitching developing) at the expense of ignoring position players

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
haven't the Rockies spent like their last 20 years picking pitchers though?

I'm exaggerating - Brendan Rogers is going to be awesome....but it just seems like they have overly forced development of pitching and it's finally working out (pitching developing) at the expense of ignoring position players

It’s close. I’ll give the edge to the hitters though because Rodgers and McMahon and mega prospects while Tapia, Hampson, Welker, Vilade, and Nevin are solid next tier guys.

Would be better if they didn’t pass on Bo Bichette twice in favor of Robert Tyler and Ben Bowden. And this wasn’t the case of saving money to go over the slot on later rounds. Both Tyler and Bowden got bigger signing bonus than Bichette and Bichette was RTing Rockies stuff in the past so I’m sure they would have no issues signing him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm sitting watching the Rockies tonight for the first time in a couple of weeks, and my lord their hitting atrocious. After you get past Story who is hitting 5th you're pretty much guaranteed that you won't get a hit.

You can't tell me that the best options we have in the organization are Desmond, Valakia and Wolters. Are the Rockies really willing to throw away the chance to win the division because they are willing to troop those guys and Cargo and Parra out on nightly basis. I understand LeMahieu is hurt and will be back eventually, but that's only one spot.

I'm not going to claim that I know everything about the Rockies minor league teams but what happened to guys like Tapia, McMahon, Murphy? They can't possibly be worse than watching some of these guys string together garbage AB after garbage AB.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Really rooting against another Lebron finals. I can’t believe I’m rooting for the Celtics though to be the ones to knock him off.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Anyone else completely over the NFL's BS? Goodell doubled down on the kneeling controversy and I just don't think I can support a league that forces patriotism down your throat like that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anyone else completely over the NFL's BS? Goodell doubled down on the kneeling controversy and I just don't think I can support a league that forces patriotism down your throat like that.

I’ve been ambivalent about the NFL and their increasingly mediocre product for a while now. This just solidifies what they value as a league.

I will continue to root for the Broncos (even though I’m positive they’re on board with this) but I don’t remember the last time I saw a game that didn’t involve them apart from the SB, and I didn’t see most of that because I went out for sushi that night.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I couldn’t care less about the anthem thing.

The NFL should be spending this time and energy figuring out how to field better offensive linemen and quarterbacks.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
totally agree with AB - the product is the problem these days

I will say though - if I really wanted to tune in and watch politics on Sunday mornings, I would just watch Meet The Press at 10AM instead of the NFL. I don't see it as much as muting the players as it is just going back to straight football. They gotta figure out ultimately how to remove politics out of the game entirely. It's too controversial of a subject no matter which side of the coin you're on.

They probably should just yank the anthem all-together. But that would be reducing an income stream for the NFL and we all know how greedy that beast is. Profit at any cost.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
They’ve kind of created the monster of Goodell in some respects.

Roger operates to bring in as much cash as possible to the owners/league while minimizing the messes. That’s all owners seem to want at the end of the day and that’s what he is. He just hasn’t done a great job of sweeping enough messes underneath the rug from the press/public. The owners haven’t done him any favors though by continuing to employ players with highly questionable rap sheets.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
totally agree with AB - the product is the problem these days

I will say though - if I really wanted to tune in and watch politics on Sunday mornings, I would just watch Meet The Press at 10AM instead of the NFL. I don't see it as much as muting the players as it is just going back to straight football. They gotta figure out ultimately how to remove politics out of the game entirely. It's too controversial of a subject no matter which side of the coin you're on.

They probably should just yank the anthem all-together. But that would be reducing an income stream for the NFL and we all know how greedy that beast is. Profit at any cost.

Opinion | Politics Has Always Had a Place in Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad