OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
However, if they're going to do something else besides QB, grabbing #12/#22 plus a 2nd or 3rd rounder is not necessarily a terrible idea, given how many holes are on the Broncos roster. They have starter needs at almost every position on offense, and several positions on defense; and their depth is awful at every position on the team except OLB.

I like where your heads at AB. I really wouldn’t have a problem with them trading down now that we have Keenum. I would gladly take Mike White or the Washington State kid as a project. I think the only problem I’d have is if they didn’t get some top OL prospects in here. But may they grab Will Hernandez at 22 and a McGlinchy at 12. I dunno. Mike Klis was saying that the Broncos intend to keep Bolles at LT. But they sure could bolster a couple spots by trading down. After Rosen I’m kind of impartial to all the other QBs on the board. Darnold fumbles too much, Mayweather clocked an extremely slow speed for his size at the combine, and Allen couldn’t hit Shaq on a screen pass.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Yeah, I've actually decided I like the Keenum pickup after thinking about it for a while. There wasn't much out there and he seems like a good team player.

I am also of the opinion we should trade down, too. We have too many holes and the only quarterback that I even like at the fifth pick is Rosen, but he is supposedly injury prone and our O-line stinks. Not a good combo.

Get some picks, let Keenum hold the fort and do a mini rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avsrule2022

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Officially a 2 year deal for Keenum--which I think is a strong indicator that the Broncos are still thinking QB at 5.

And then there's this:

Cannot expect anything other than an extremely low pick, could even be conditional.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Officially a 2 year deal for Keenum--which I think is a strong indicator that the Broncos are still thinking QB at 5.

And then there's this:

Cannot expect anything other than an extremely low pick, could even be conditional.

Give me a 7th for him and I’m fine with it. For a 7th round pick Siemian is actually a pretty good pick. But man I’m glad to see him go.

AdamCalderHero

Jul 20, 2010
Coventry, England
The Winter Olympics totally screwed up the 6 Nations Cup for me, but man Sexton is easily MVP so far from what I've seen. Can't believe he has become this good of a player.

This is a problem I have with the NBA, how can you keep on being a Grizzlies fan?

Yeah he's really running the show for Ireland right now. They have a good young team with some real up and coming superstars, but its Sexton that brings it all together and makes them tick.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah he's really running the show for Ireland right now. They have a good young team with some real up and coming superstars, but its Sexton that brings it all together and makes them tick.
How has Hogg looked Adam besides the 6 nations? Seems that him and Scotland really struggled, I thought effin Italy was more impressive than them. Also it sounds like Georgia might be taking Italia's spot, any word on this?

I really don't follow MLS that much but can someone explain to me how Toronto FC can play in MLS and this CONCACAF at the same time...?
That's because MLS teams do play in the CONCACAF, it comes down to qualification and placement within the season, @JWK and @BrickAHL could help you more on that. So for example, if the Rapids ever won the MLS, they probably get qualified for CONCACAF the next season.

Reactions: BrickAHL

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I like where your heads at AB. I really wouldn’t have a problem with them trading down now that we have Keenum. I would gladly take Mike White or the Washington State kid as a project. I think the only problem I’d have is if they didn’t get some top OL prospects in here. But may they grab Will Hernandez at 22 and a McGlinchy at 12. I dunno. Mike Klis was saying that the Broncos intend to keep Bolles at LT. But they sure could bolster a couple spots by trading down. After Rosen I’m kind of impartial to all the other QBs on the board. Darnold fumbles too much, Mayweather clocked an extremely slow speed for his size at the combine, and Allen couldn’t hit Shaq on a screen pass.

They should be in rebuild mode. I've read articles saying that if Denver had a QB last season, they were a shoo-in playoff team. I think that's bulls**t. Take Harris and Miller off last year's team (via injury, hypothetically), and they would have been the 2nd worst team in the NFL.

Thing is, you can rebuild pretty quickly in the NFL, as long as you have a QB. But the Broncos have so damn many holes to fill. They simply -must- figure out how to draft and develop the 2nd-3rd-4th round draft picks. It's been brutal.

Reactions: Bonzai12 and 5280

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Totally agree

Losing Malik really hurt this team. They can say what they want about Todd David but he doesn’t have the cover abilities that Trevathan had when he was here. They don’t have a legit 4th corner. The defense is much older than 2-3 seasons ago. Things have changed but a lot of Broncos fans keep bringing up the past like you can turn back the clock so easily. This teams lost a lot of talent.

I think if they were a legitimate Super Bowl contender and the only piece we were missing was a QB, we would have made the playoffs last year or at least have been picking 10-20 in this draft. Too many holes - no running game, no passing game, and eroding defense.

Reactions: ABasin

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Does anyone know anything about Tremaine Brock?

Sounds like a scrub/dime DB. If he’s anything better than that, I’m happy. If we can avoid picking up a DB in the first 4 rounds it will help us in a lot of other areas.

member 116861

How has Hogg looked Adam besides the 6 nations? Seems that him and Scotland really struggled, I thought effin Italy was more impressive than them. Also it sounds like Georgia might be taking Italia's spot, any word on this?

That's because MLS teams do play in the CONCACAF, it comes down to qualification and placement within the season, @JWK and @BrickAHL could help you more on that. So for example, if the Rapids ever won the MLS, they probably get qualified for CONCACAF the next season.

Toronto FC won the Canadian Championship so that put them in the tournament.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Does anyone know anything about Tremaine Brock?

Sounds like a scrub/dime DB. If he’s anything better than that, I’m happy. If we can avoid picking up a DB in the first 4 rounds it will help us in a lot of other areas.

he was a legit starter few years back with the 49ers. then was involved in domestic violence case last year and got cut. seahawks signed him and cut him a bit later. vikings signed him but he barely played there. not sure if he has anything left.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Totally agree

Losing Malik really hurt this team. They can say what they want about Todd David but he doesn’t have the cover abilities that Trevathan had when he was here. They don’t have a legit 4th corner. The defense is much older than 2-3 seasons ago. Things have changed but a lot of Broncos fans keep bringing up the past like you can turn back the clock so easily. This teams lost a lot of talent.

I don't think they have a legit 3rd corner.

I think if they were a legitimate Super Bowl contender and the only piece we were missing was a QB, we would have made the playoffs last year or at least have been picking 10-20 in this draft. Too many holes - no running game, no passing game, and eroding defense.

Agreed. This team isn't close.

There are two issues at play: one is them adequately replacing players who have left (for whatever reason), and the second issue is the degradation in play of the players who are still here.

Since that 4 year run, they have not adequately replaced QB, WR (slot), TE, G, DE, ILB, and S (though I think Simmons is a player), and this season we're likely to add 3rd CB to the list. Since that 4 year run, amongst current players, they have had degradation in play at WR (Thomas), S (Stewart is on the fence, IMO), and the real question is when will Miller start to decline? He'll be 29 at the start of this upcoming season. That's an awful lot of downgrades in a very short period of time.

Why has that happened?

They have simply drafted so very poorly over the past 4 years, that they have (had) no players who can step in to fill the UFA/age/injury spots. I mean, just look at what picks turned out to be more or less useless over the past 4 drafts, and I'll leave out rounds 4-7:

2014: 2nd and 3rd round picks, utterly useless
2015: 2nd and 3rd round picks, utterly useless
2016: 1st and 3rd round picks (the 3rd traded for Lynch), utterly useless
2017: 2nd and 3rd round picks, no meaningful contribution so far, but the jury's still out

I mean, you cannot consistently blow Top 100 draft picks like this for multiple years running and then expect to compete. In truth, I'm not certain whether it's the drafting or the development of these players. But either way, the results are not good.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Simmons may move to corner next year. I am thinking that’s where they are going to head with the 3rd corner thing. At least I hope so.

I’m getting some weird feelings about Mayfield and the Broncos. There’s just too much info in the media right now about Baker going out of his way to shake hands with Kubiak, making comments about how great Elway is and what an honor it is to pass in front of him, etc. etc.....Either these two are already a marriage or Bakers sending out messages to other teams (and the Broncos) that he’s got his destination already set in stone. There’s just a lot of compliments going both ways in a lot of stories out there. It’s a little bit creepy actually.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

Rapids played in the CONCACAF CL this year because they finished 2nd in the MLS in 2016 by playing like Pulis' Stoke that year. they got embarrassed by Toronto in the round of 16 though.

broncos are probably not be done in FA.

Some replies in that tweet is why I love Broncos' fans when they lose a game or have a bad year.

Reactions: S E P H

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Poor Joe Thomas. We haven't seen a player that good play for a team that bad his entire career since Barry Sanders.

The Browns continued reluctance to trade that guy was awful. But then again - if that trade with the Broncos had gone through I think Thomas would still be retiring today.

Hope he gets into the Hall and people don’t give him all kinds of bad rep just because he played for crummy teams.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The Browns continued reluctance to trade that guy was awful. But then again - if that trade with the Broncos had gone through I think Thomas would still be retiring today.

Hope he gets into the Hall and people don’t give him all kinds of bad rep just because he played for crummy teams.

9 all pros, 10 pro bowls in a 11 yr career. he's definitely getting in and on a first ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad