Other Hockey talk (NCAA, ECHL, AHL, KHL, etc.)

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
C8942B7D-EDFA-4ABE-B91E-0B9DD1421374.jpeg

Wish I lived closer

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Pretty good crowd, seats pretty filled from sections 116 to 126. Also there's this punk with braces wearing a nordiques hat backwards whose ass I'll probably have to kick

Edit: unc's goalie is basically cam Ward: small, loves playing the puck and let in a softie from the blue line

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Wonder if they are spies. In the olden days spies were usually hanged but I'm pretty sure thats illegal now. I'm also pretty sure kicking their ass might get you thrown in jail.

I guess you're going to have to tell them to **** off like Gordon Ramsay does.

Pretty certain they don't alllw profanity at PNC arena. I got yelled at by a PNC security person once for screaming "Faulk yeah"

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Pretty fun experience though I cheered for the losing team. Friend of mine played, can only imagine how surreal it must've felt. It was pretty cool the governor was in attendance for the whole game and presented the trophy at the end. Crazy to think how many people will go to a club hockey game after all they've only been doing this for 2 years. Hope this continues to grow, it's a unique opportunity to grow the game locally.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Had lots of fun last night, cheered for the winning team. Really wish these programs had D1 Programs as I'd probably go to every (state) game
I don't know, there's something special about it being 2 club teams like in the first days of college sports. Knowing these guys are actually just regular students like anyone else that usually play and practice on their own time in an Ice House or something. Heck there's even a girl on the UNC team who also plays D1 tennis, which is insane but also pretty badass.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Had lots of fun last night, cheered for the winning team. Really wish these programs had D1 Programs as I'd probably go to every (state) game

That'd be a dream. I think I remember Bettman or someone in the NHL talking about how'd he'd like to see collegiate hockey grow to more programs in the US.

I remember hearing last year UNC was looking into starting up a program but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Doubt that would ever happen. Hockey is not a cheap sport, so that makes it hard. But it is the Title 9 requirements for gender equality that make adding an expensive men's sports problematic given we have Football. I'd guess it would be much easier to add a woman's hockey team before a men's hockey team.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
View media item 1063
So this is the view from the balcony of me and my fiancee's new place (she's moving in this weekend, I'm moving in after the wedding in April).

That building? That would be the arena that the Atlanta Gladiators (Bruins ECHL) play in. I had absolutely no idea this was the case when we rented the place, but after 5 years of living outside the Triangle I now have professional hockey literally within walking distance!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad