Other Domestic Leagues 17/18

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Watched Flamengo's Real Madrid bound Vinicius Junior score a couple of well-taken goals. He kind of reminds me of young Alexander Pato, cool, effortless finisher.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Watched Flamengo's Real Madrid bound Vinicius Junior score a couple of well-taken goals. He kind of reminds me of young Alexander Pato, cool, effortless finisher.

He's way faster than Pato, though. He reminds me of Robinho with better end product. Let's see if their new manager will give him more minutes after he won them a game all by himself.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I still don't understand how not a single team has gone after Promes (aside from the brief haggling with Liverpool). No way he should stay on Spartak while they're sinking. They've been terrible aside from him really. Still sad the move to Liverpool fell through. :(

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I still don't understand how not a single team has gone after Promes (aside from the brief haggling with Liverpool). No way he should stay on Spartak while they're sinking. They've been terrible aside from him really. Still sad the move to Liverpool fell through. :(
Just because he didn't leave doesn't mean nobody went after Promes. Maybe he believes a good showing in the CL will allow him to join a better team under better conditions.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Spartak will probably end up with at least a Europa League spot. Its a long season and they started with some back luck and a tough schedule.

Why should Promes want to go. Hes a star player on a Champions League team in the biggest city in Europe with one of the nicest stadiums in Europe. And paid a lot of money.

Look what happened to Ahmed Musa when he went to England. Now hes looked at as a bum because he didn't set the world on fire right away and then got in the doghouse. Thats probably Promes future when he leaves.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spartak will probably end up with at least a Europa League spot. Its a long season and they started with some back luck and a tough schedule.

Why should Promes want to go. Hes a star player on a Champions League team in the biggest city in Europe with one of the nicest stadiums in Europe. And paid a lot of money.

Look what happened to Ahmed Musa when he went to England. Now hes looked at as a bum because he didn't set the world on fire right away and then got in the doghouse. Thats probably Promes future when he leaves.

Promes is a much better player than Musa, and I think he'd be a big get for any team that takes that leap.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Spartak's defending is horrible right now. Only Anji has given up more goals in the league.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Lokomotiv cuts Zenit's lead to 1 point after Zenit drew with Rostov 0-0 and Loko beat Ural 2-1 yesterday.

Both Rostov and Krasnodar 4 points behind Lokomotiv, with 15 points. Krasnodar top striker and the league's defending 2-time top scorer, Fyodor Smolov scored his first 2 goals of the year.

CSKA suffered a home defeat to Terek and falls to 6th after allowing a "controversial" goal:

I think it will could be the 1st time in 6 years when CSKA falls below the 2nd place, and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they don't medal.

Spartak couldn't convert their immense advantage into goals against RFPL rookie SKA-Khabarovsk (0-0). Liverpool is going to slaughter them.

YlXwZSVPws8.jpg

Zenit ultras' banner tribute to the 140th anniversary of the Shipka Battle.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
I think top 5 will be Zenit, CSKA, Krasnodar, Lokomotiv, Spartak.

I haven't written off Spartaks season yet. They have some pretty good foreign players but just aren't clicking now. They need another defender but should still be doing much better. I think are looking ahead too much to Champions league.

Lokomotiv is kind of a wild card to me. Ari goes down with injury and they still win. Miranchuk has gotten really good and they soon will have Eder playing.

Rubin is also a wild card to me. Berdyev is getting them on the right track and is unloading some of the deadwood.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Sparta Prague puts in a lacklustre performance and loses 2-0 to Brno (who pulls out of last place with the win). Dressing room is overcrowded with all the new players brought in and foul moods and infighting allegedly abound. Hard to say this couldn't have been expected, not sure how Stramacionni is going to turn this around. Plzen remain the only team to not have lost any points, though two key players were injured this weekend after an exhausting second EL leg on Thursday. Slavia finally pull off a convincing win and remain second having not conceded in league play yet this year.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Andrei Tikhonov will have a RFPL job soon. Either with a promoted Krylya or hired by a bigger club.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
FC Basel lost at home to Lausanne, and have already lost as many games this season after six matchdays than they did all of lost season

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Zenit with a lifeless 0-0 draw versus Dynamo Moscow. If Lokomotiv defeat Akhmat, the Railwaymen will be in 1st.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
In Czech league news, ******** Italian coach Stramaccioni lost Sparta's derby with Slavia on the weekend 2-0 and is now 10 points out of first place, can't see him surviving this season though he's still hanging on now mostly just because they invested so much into getting him and all the ****** foreign players he brought in

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Cup of Russia tournament has been crazy. I don't remember the COR tournament games being this good in the past. It looks like nine or ten of the premier league teams will be knocked out by second division teams.

Spartak probably has the best chance of winning the tournament now but its really wide open. I am hoping for Rostov or Rubin.

-1Bsqph_5Yc.jpg

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
River Plate lost on the first leg of Libertadores quarterfinals 3-0 to Jorge Wilstermann. Yesterday they beat them 8-0 at home with Scocco scoring FIVE times and he also had an assist. I usually don't post SA stuff here, but that was an incredible comeback.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
So your typical Istanbul derby (Fenerbahce beat Besiktas 2:1)....four red cards (including Canadian international Atiba Hutchinson) with Victor Janssen of all people scoring what turned out to be the winning goal. Galatasaray, despite their poor Euro season, have a chance to go three points clear tomorrow.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
River Plate lost on the first leg of Libertadores quarterfinals 3-0 to Jorge Wilstermann. Yesterday they beat them 8-0 at home with Scocco scoring FIVE times and he also had an assist. I usually don't post SA stuff here, but that was an incredible comeback.

I was checking the Argentine league, what a mess :facepalm:

So, a few years ago, for whatever reason, they went from 18/20(?) teams to 30. Last year they had two divisions of 15 teams each, with both winners playing eachother for the title. Then this past season they went back to 1 league of all 30 teams. Now for the new season it's suddenly 1 league of 28 teams :huh:

I came across this:
-From August 2017 to June 2018, the league will be contested between twenty-eight teams. Four teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional. This season will be the first Superliga Argentina.
-From August 2018 to June 2019, the league will be contested between twenty-six teams. Four teams will be relegated to and two teams will be promoted from Primera B Nacional.

The goal is to reduce back the quantity of teams to 20 in 2020.

So WTF was the point then of going to 30 teams in the first place?

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Djurgården vs Hammarby derby in Sweden tomorrow. Djurgården for some inexplicable reason haven't won a derby since 2011. Last chance to win a derby this season and also put a little bit of pressure on Malmö who pretty much have the title locked up. Please win or kill me slowly I can't take this much longer :laugh:

Standings:
https://www.svt.se/svttext/tv/pages/343.html

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I was checking the Argentine league, what a mess :facepalm:

So, a few years ago, for whatever reason, they went from 18/20(?) teams to 30. Last year they had two divisions of 15 teams each, with both winners playing eachother for the title. Then this past season they went back to 1 league of all 30 teams. Now for the new season it's suddenly 1 league of 28 teams :huh:

I came across this:

So WTF was the point then of going to 30 teams in the first place?

The superliga is a joke. Actually the whole AFA is a joke, if they win anything it would be a miracle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad