Other Domestic Leagues 17/18

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Russian Premier League started today.

CSKA goes to Anzhi and gets a 3-1 win.

Ukrainian Super Cup currently at half. Shakhtar leads Dynamo Kyiv 1-0.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Krasnodar beat Rubin in Kazan 2-1. Ricardo Laborde filled in well for Smolov by getting a brace.

Tomorrow, newly promoted Dynamo play champions Spartak in a Moscow derby.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Great early season Moscow derby ends 2-2. Really surprised Spartak blew a 2-0 lead. They were just dominating Dynamo in the first half. Panchenko pulled one back for Dynamo within the first 10 minutes of the 2nd, and Dynamo grew into the game. Tashaev's tying goal at 90+2 was a heartbreaker for Spartak, but they laid off and that's what they get.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Great early season Moscow derby ends 2-2. Really surprised Spartak blew a 2-0 lead. They were just dominating Dynamo in the first half. Panchenko pulled one back for Dynamo within the first 10 minutes of the 2nd, and Dynamo grew into the game. Tashaev's tying goal at 90+2 was a heartbreaker for Spartak, but they laid off and that's what they get.

Quincy Promes with another goal and assist. Criminal that he's still playing over there. :( Wish Liverpool had pulled the trigger.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Lokomotiv ultras celebrated Spartak losing points more that the GWG of their own team's game :laugh: can't say I blame them after scandalous reffing in the Supercup.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Driussi scores two as Zenit beats Rubin 2-1

Zenit and Lokomotiv both sitting on 6 points from 2 games

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Driussi :handclap:

Dinamo Kiev went to Shakhtar and beat them 1-0 earlier today as well in what's already their second meeting of the season. Shakhtar beat them 2-0 in the Supercup last week. I'm guessing Shakhtar is still playing their games in Lviv? I wonder if their home stadium is still in good shape with the war going on.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Spartak drew again with FC Ufa. 2 points from 2 matches against less than stellar competition.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Driussi :handclap:

Dinamo Kiev went to Shakhtar and beat them 1-0 earlier today as well in what's already their second meeting of the season. Shakhtar beat them 2-0 in the Supercup last week. I'm guessing Shakhtar is still playing their games in Lviv? I wonder if their home stadium is still in good shape with the war going on.
I think they are playing in Kharkov now. The stadium is in decent condition as far as I heard

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40750293

Czech side Viktoria Plzen have unveiled new novelty dugouts in the shape of giant beer cans at their Doosan Arena.

The 14-seat shelters, a result of a partnership with nearby brewery Gambrinus, now offers players and staff warmed leather seats.

_97109426_captur4e.jpg

i

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Czech league is going to be very interesting this year since the winner is most likely going directly into Champions League, which is a chance that hasn't been around for years. The top teams invested heavily into signing new players and everybody is excited to see what happens.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Akhmat Grozny are at the top of the RFPL with 3 wins from 3 matches. They still haven't conceded a goal.

I watched the game versus Dynamo today. Not a great match, but Akhmat was sound defensively. Didn't let Dynamo generate anything. Not sure Akhmat can finish in a European spot, but it's certainly possible. Oleg Kononov was a good hire. He did pretty well at FC Krasnodar.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
In the Czech league, transfer record Ben Haim made his debut for Sparta today but despite drawing a penalty they only managed a 1:1 tie against cross-town Bohemians. Other league favourites Plzen and Slavia both won, the former with a convincing 4:0 scoreline and the latter with a modest 1:0 win that mirrored their CL game, the lone goal coming from a penalty (which some called questionable, being whistled for an alleged hand in the box with quite a delay).

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Czech league is going to be very interesting this year since the winner is most likely going directly into Champions League, which is a chance that hasn't been around for years. The top teams invested heavily into signing new players and everybody is excited to see what happens.

Go Karavaev and Danny!

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
According to worldsoccertalk, BeIN sports have bought the US television rights to the Turkish league. Most of the matches however will probably be on their online service rather than the actual TV channel. I guess they will only show the big derby matches on the channel, and probably on delay if La Liga is going on at same time, but some exposure for them in the US

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
CSKA lost at home to Rubin 2-1. Backup keeper Ilya Pomazun was at fault on both of Jonathas' goals. CSKA had 69% possession too, though Rubin had 3 great chances on the counter and scored on none of them. So, it's not like they weren't deserving of some result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad