NW Burbs
DPxNitVW4AAOOSK.jpg

TRAITOR!

:sarcasm:

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Surprised Clemson is #1, and that Auburn jumped Oklahoma to the 2 spot and leaving Oklahoma at #3. I would have gone Oklahoma, Clemson, Auburn for 1-2-3.

Alabama at #5 pretty much means they're a lock for the playoff, I think.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Surprised Clemson is #1, and that Auburn jumped Oklahoma to the 2 spot and leaving Oklahoma at #3. I would have gone Oklahoma, Clemson, Auburn for 1-2-3.

Alabama at #5 pretty much means they're a lock for the playoff, I think.

Well, if the top 4 all win they're definitely out, so far from a lock.

Wisconsin or Oklahoma need to lose.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well, if the top 4 all win they're definitely out, so far from a lock.

Wisconsin or Oklahoma need to lose.

I think one of Clemson, Oklahoma, or Wisconsin lose.... especially think Wisconsin loses.

Still not entirely sold on Clemson, and think Miami really has a chance in that game when a lot of people are giving them no chance. Although they did lose to an under .500 PIT team so what the hell do I know.

But yeah, obviously will be out if all 4 ahead of them lose.... Most interesting scenario to me would be if only Auburn loses, who gets in between Auburn and Alabama?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I think one of Clemson, Oklahoma, or Wisconsin lose.... especially think Wisconsin loses.

Still not entirely sold on Clemson, and think Miami really has a chance in that game when a lot of people are giving them no chance. Although they did lose to an under .500 PIT team so what the hell do I know.

But yeah, obviously will be out if all 4 ahead of them lose.... Most interesting scenario to me would be if only Auburn loses, who gets in between Auburn and Alabama?
I follow the ACC. I have no idea what to expect from that Championship game. Clemson has the superior team. However, they play down to their opponents all the time. Miami plays up to their opponents all the time. Both QBs are highly unpredictable. I suspect Miami's injuries will be a big factor. They don't have the depth like Clemson.

You can't take a 3 loss Auburn team.

My prediction:
* SEC Champ
* ACC Champ

* If Bucky or Okie loses, Bama gets in.
* If both Bucky and Okie loses, Bama is definitely in. I have no clue who's the 4th.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I follow the ACC. I have no idea what to expect from that Championship game. Clemson has the superior team. However, they play down to their opponents all the time. Miami plays up to their opponents all the time. Both QBs are highly unpredictable. I suspect Miami's injuries will be a big factor. They don't have the depth like Clemson.

You can't take a 3 loss Auburn team.

My prediction:
* SEC Champ
* ACC Champ

* If Bucky or Okie loses, Bama gets in.
* If both Bucky and Okie loses, Bama is definitely in. I have no clue who's the 4th.

That sure would be interesting.... I feel like OSU would sneak in, if that happens. Especially since they would have beat Wisconsin for that to happen.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Drawing a blank right now, but the committee would probably toss OSU a favor before they'd screw them over.... Right?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Okay guys ... watch Bagley tonight against Indiana. Let's see if he's really good as I think he is. It's best to see what you think of him than from second hand reports from me.

Coach Krysekwkskisjhki (K) said that Bagley most unique talent he's ever had. K said Bagley's talent is in the same "ilk" as the players he's coached on the dream team. I'm no K fan. He's a hypocrite who's always screaming profanities at the refs. However, he does know talent. He's never had this much praise for a first year ... including Ferry, Laettner, Brand, Williams, Kyrie, Tatum, Deng, Okafor, Parker, Maggette, Hill, Battier, etc.

David Robinson just compared Marvin Bagley to Tim Duncan. I don't see it. He's not as fundamentally skilled. Bagley is far more likely to end up like Anthony Davis than Tim Duncan IF he even gets close to his upside. Right now he plays more like a taller Blake Griffin when he was a ROOKIE.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Auburn favored by 2.5
Clemson by 9.5
Ohio State by 6.5
Oklahoma by 7

For anyone else curious.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Auburn favored by 2.5
Clemson by 9.5
Ohio State by 6.5
Oklahoma by 7

For anyone else curious.
I'm no a Bucky fan, but I think people are seriously underestimating the Cheeesheads and overrating the Bucknuts. 9.5 points is a huge spread. It should be a close game.

I bet Georgia beats Auburn. Beating a team twice in a month ... the second being on a neutral field will be tough.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm no a Bucky fan, but I think people are seriously underestimating the Cheeesheads and overrating the Bucknuts. 9.5 points is a huge spread. It should be a close game.

I bet Georgia beats Auburn. Beating a team twice in a month ... the second being on a neutral field will be tough.

If Ohio State turns the ball over 2-3 times I don't think they have a chance.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Personally I hope the Sox keep Abreu. I think they've gotten enough of a return of prospects, while also anticipating the #4 pick in June - where they don't need to keep gutting this thing.

Abreu seems like an excellent mentor for Yoan Moncada, and probably will be for Luis Robert as well.

On top of that, if you completely gut the offense, it's going to be hard to build back up a good offense, even if these top prospects do pan out.

I'm of the opinion that the Sox should try to sign Abreu to a 4 year deal. As for Avi - let him play it out and look in to re-signing him if he continues to hit .300+ in to next season.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Personally I hope the Sox keep Abreu. I think they've gotten enough of a return of prospects, while also anticipating the #4 pick in June - where they don't need to keep gutting this thing.

Abreu seems like an excellent mentor for Yoan Moncada, and probably will be for Luis Robert as well.

On top of that, if you completely gut the offense, it's going to be hard to build back up a good offense, even if these top prospects do pan out.

I'm of the opinion that the Sox should try to sign Abreu to a 4 year deal. As for Avi - let him play it out and look in to re-signing him if he continues to hit .300+ in to next season.
Not a big baseball fan but shouldn't you trade Avi now when his trade value at his highest? Is he really part of your future? It's hard to imagine Avi repeating this season. Abreu sounds like a good mentor. And would the Sox get that much in return for a future DH?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Not a big baseball fan but shouldn't you trade Avi now when his trade value at his highest? Is he really part of your future? It's hard to imagine Avi repeating this season. Abreu sounds like a good mentor. And would the Sox get that much in return for a future DH?

Sure. But keep in mind. While the Sox and Sox fans are skeptical of Avi because of his high BABIP, other teams will feel the exact same way. I don't think they will get a lot for Avi at this point.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Sure. But keep in mind. While the Sox and Sox fans are skeptical of Avi because of his high BABIP, other teams will feel the exact same way. I don't think they will get a lot for Avi at this point.
I always forget the other part of the equation in any trade scenarios. What team will give up anything of value if the asset being traded isn't valued by the original team? Someone told me a good trade is when it feels bad for both sides. You're giving up something good for something good.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well according baseball rumors chi is talking to the bost , it appears that the red sox is looking to trade for Jose Abreu . it was was that the white sox in a possible Arb will have to pay J Abreu 17 + mil .

Red Sox Among Teams Discussing Jose Abreu Trade Scenarios With White Sox

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Alabama is not a lock. If Georgia beats Auburn, they’ll jump Alabama. It has to be either Wisconsin loss or Oklahoma loss

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My assumptions of how the college football playoffs will play out is as follows:

Clemson gets in if they beat Miami.
Wisconsin gets in if they beat Ohio State.
Oklahoma gets in if they beat TCU.
Georgia gets in if they beat Auburn.
Auburn gets in if they beat Georgia.
Alabama gets in if Clemson, Wisconsin, or Oklahoma lose.
Miami gets in if they beat Clemson and Wisconsin or Oklahoma lose.
Ohio State gets in if they beat Wisconsin and both Clemson and Oklahoma lose.

Tl;dnr - Clemson, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Auburn control their destinies. Alabama needs a bit of help, Miami needs to win and a bit of help, and Ohio State needs to win and a lot of help.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
If Miami beats Clemson, they'll clearly have a better win than Bama. And a conference title to boot. So how are they not in? Because they didn't get to play Arkansas State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->