Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVI: Bulls Draft Lottery Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Reminds me a ton of the 2015 series with the Mets, like I said early in game 2 a couple days ago. Everyone is swinging to be the hero, instead of just trying to get on base like they did last year. Stop swinging for home runs, and go back to just getting on base. Couple that with the best starting rotation AND the best bullpen in baseball (both arguable of course) and it's a recipe for disaster - like 2015.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Including tonight's games All 4 LCS teams are hitting a combined .182. It's a pitcher's league when it counts the most.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Reminds me a ton of the 2015 series with the Mets, like I said early in game 2 a couple days ago. Everyone is swinging to be the hero, instead of just trying to get on base like they did last year. Stop swinging for home runs, and go back to just getting on base. Couple that with the best starting rotation AND the best bullpen in baseball (both arguable of course) and it's a recipe for disaster - like 2015.

Exactly....simple baseball goes a long way. A Pete Rose quip.

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016
Some of these statements are true, but some are way off. We were the 2nd best team after the all star break. Lester was very good in the playoffs. You can't compare the Dodgers getting Darvish to us getting Wilson, you'd have to compare it to them getting a starter, and us getting Quintana. That's the more accurate comparison.

Cubs were the 2nd best team but just don't remember having any real confidence even when they played well that they had enough for the post-season. There were guys who got hot and carried the team such as Contreras, Rizzo and Baez but the team as a cohesive unit just did not look as good. If the pitching was good the hitting was not and the reverse. They would go on a scoring tear and the next game or series they would get blanked. Like I said winning the Nats series was sweet but mentally the Cubs were just not all in that series either.
Also regarding comparing Darvish and Wilson- I get it bad comparison, just upset they got Darvish is all, and I'm letting out frustrations! :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: TorMenT

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
La Stella swinging at Jansen's high ones just as his mates did the other night..

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
That Gordon Heyward injury might take 2 years to recover. He'll play next year, but it takes 2 full years to regain flexibility (at least what's allowed after surgery), strength, and trust from a dislocated ankle of that magnitude. Even then, I don't think he will ever be the same player. What a sad story. I feel terrible for him Thankfully, NBA contracts are fully guaranteed.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
That said ... Bobby Portis: What an idiot! Teammates fight ... but you don't cold cock a teammate where you break his jaw and face. Bobby Portis should be suspended for months. He's lucky he's not in jail. He doesn't belong in the NBA.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Yeah..so Bobby Portis cheap shot Mirotic in practice today breaking his jaw. Mirotic is out for a while, Portis should be suspended hopefully we cut him.

More minutes and a starting spot for Markkanen.

As a Finn who went to see Markkanen dominate in Eurobasket in Helsinki last month and who's eagerly awaiting his NBA debut, I'm not too sad about this piece of news. The game on Thursday will be on Finnish pay TV because of Lauri. He'll hopefully be the first Finn ever who gets to play over 20 minutes per game in the NBA.

Reactions: Rooh

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
As a Finn who went to see Markkanen dominate in Eurobasket in Helsinki last month and who's eagerly awaiting his NBA debut, I'm not too sad about this piece of news. The game on Thursday will be on Finnish pay TV because of Lauri. He'll hopefully be the first Finn ever who gets to play over 20 minutes per game in the NBA.
Lauri is going to play a lot and probably score double digits this year. Portis was never part of the long term plan. I'm thinking Markkanen becomes a stretch 5 when he gets stronger. Porter or Bagley will play one of the wings next year. Positionless basketball. GS, Boston, CLE, and Houston all played a variation of it tonight. 4 wings and a point guard.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I thought I would be more disappointed with the Cubs than I am. They just look done. Theo and Jed will retool the bp and fix other holes.

Reactions: Easy E

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
LOL. I just woke up to feed my son and see the score. That extra two hours of sleep I got we're excellent.

Just do something Cubbies.

However, usually embarrassing moments create change going forward.

Dodgers have huge advantage over the Cubs with their bullpen.

Cubs hitters should feel embarrassed though. So many impatient at bats. No discipline at the plate.

Hopefully we see a shake up. The Cubs are a young team still.

Last edited:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Bulls Season will be really funny to follow :laugh:

bad Team, lots of stuff Happening and GarPax will end up with a trade everybody will hate and wonders why again :D

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I thought I would be more disappointed with the Cubs than I am. They just look done. Theo and Jed will retool the bp and fix other holes.

Bingo. I think we see some interesting moves, bold trades on some position players.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
That Gordon Heyward injury might take 2 years to recover.

Celtics are done. One game in at that. Sad to hear about Heyward though.

And I hope Mirotic and Portis are both traded. At least one of them has to be gone. They've disliked each other for 2 years now according to Vincent Goodwill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad