Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LVI: Bulls Draft Lottery Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Darvish has been on a roll, 2 runs last 4 starts. That'll be the biggest hurdle. Alex Wood hasn't pitched in almost a month.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Gotta wonder where the Yankees would be if they didn't make that trade with the Sox. Frazier, DRob and Kahnle have all made significant impacts for them.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I think I'm against it too. But I don't feel as strong against it as I would of in the past. I guess the ideas of roadtrips to Milwaukee or St. Louis sound appealing to me.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm all for the expansion of baseball. Think that the MLB could easily sustain at least two more teams.

But, I'll go out on a limb and say that there's absolutely, positively zero chance that we will ever see the National League and American League setups ever abandoned (barring the collapse of MLB itself), even if the DH is added to the NL or removed from the AL.

Reactions: RayP

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Hmmmm, it would be kinda cool to change it up but then you're decreasing the chances of both NY, Chicago and LA teams making the playoffs. That alone leads me to believe it will never happen. Regular season would be insane though but only diehards would appreciate that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
http://www.baseballamerica.com/colu...r.com&utm_campaign=buffer#Yp04CgDpd02WuY1L.97

Baseball America article about the possibility of expansion, dumping the AL and NL in favor of new divisions, the Cubs and Sox in the same division...gasp!

Oh and good luck to Cub fans tonight, I hope they turn it around.

oh i hate that idea of no AL or NL ..... and esp having both chi teams on the same division. ugh all my life i hated the northsiders and grew up liking the idea of a sox-sCrubs in the WS against each other... of course the good guys >> Sox wins.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
oh i hate that idea of no AL or NL ..... and esp having both chi teams on the same division. ugh all my life i hated the northsiders and grew up liking the idea of a sox-sCrubs in the WS against each other... of course the good guys >> Sox wins.

Lol... It was opposite for me on the southside.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Well under that format they could still play in the World Series, since there are no leagues/conferences, it's just 1 playoff.

But I'd hate to see 12 crosstown games a year and them actually in playoff races together.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I 100% hope they prove me wrong but I don't see the Cubs getting past LA with that bullpen.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its hard to believe some people actually thought Astros trading for Verlander was bad move

He has been absolutely terrific and what Houston has desperately needed. Astros haven't had a truly dominant #1 since Oswalt

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well under that format they could still play in the World Series, since there are no leagues/conferences, it's just 1 playoff.

But I'd hate to see 12 crosstown games a year and them actually in playoff races together.

At the end of the day, our pitching/bullpen have given up 9 runs in 2 games. Not great, but nothing to really say as being insurmountable (especially with the 1st run of the walkoff in game 2 being what won it). If our bats were alive, this would be a completely different situation and the pressures on our starters and bullpen would be significantly less, too.

We've got up to three home games here. Hopefully our batters get back in their groove and turn this series around.

Reactions: BrianE

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah..so Bobby Portis cheap shot Mirotic in practice today breaking his jaw. Mirotic is out for a while, Portis should be suspended hopefully we cut him.

More minutes and a starting spot for Markkanen.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
The tank is real! Bulls taking themselves out

Astros up 3-0 on the Yankees, could be up 3-1 in the series in another hour or so.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
How the hell do Gar and Foreman have jobs? They are the worst management set in Chicago.

How would you guys rank management in Chicago?

1. Cubs
2. Hawks
3/4. Sox Bears flip flop

145. Bulls

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
At the end of the day, our pitching/bullpen have given up 9 runs in 2 games. Not great, but nothing to really say as being insurmountable (especially with the 1st run of the walkoff in game 2 being what won it). If our bats were alive, this would be a completely different situation and the pressures on our starters and bullpen would be significantly less, too.

We've got up to three home games here. Hopefully our batters get back in their groove and turn this series around.

Agree. The wind is supposed to be blowing out tonight, if so maybe the players can take advantage of it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How the hell do Gar and Foreman have jobs? They are the worst management set in Chicago.

How would you guys rank management in Chicago?

1. Cubs
2. Hawks
3/4. Sox Bears flip flop

145. Bulls

Bears should be behind Sox simply because Ted Phillips still has job with organization and influence

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oh boy.... do yourself a favor and do not under any circumstance look up a video or a gif of Gordon Hayward breaking his leg. Good gosh....

Don't post it, either. Don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad