Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
DBacks lay an egg on FS1 yesterday, will they do it again on ESPN tonight? A little surprised to this point, because I wouldn't have expected Goldy to be where he's at right now. But overall, not surprised by the offensive output. Martinez was a machine for us, and rightfully so got a large contract. I knew he would be tough to replace. Our bullpen has been a rock for us, but it was only a matter of time. Would be nice to avoid the sweep tonight though. Our hot start has allowed us some breathing room. Bats need to get going though.

HAHA, actually just looked up the stats. We are LAST in MLB in batting average. .224. That's not going to do much. Amazing that we are +30 in run differential to this point. Imagine if this team was hitting. Scary where we might be at with a good offense.

Where were you when the Dbacks were doing good before this series vs the Nationals?

I, much like others, don't care until there is a new owner. Sarver is toxic.

This isn't an accurate statement. You and many other Coyotes fans were happy with Sarver when the team was a title contender and now you and those same Coyotes fans don't care about the team as a result of the team playing like crap over the years. Not to mention, you and those same Coyotes fans hate Sarver more not because of the performance of the team but Sarver isn't willing to help the Coyotes. Sarver will be loved once again when the Suns are among the best teams in the league again regardless of him not willing to help the Coyotes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Llama19

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
^Sarver inherited a very good team from Colangelo that was already on its way, and when the window closed on the Steve Nash Suns 6 years later, the malaise began. He probably deserves any hate he gets from all Suns fans, not just those that are also Coyotes fans, until he...hahah, yeah, right...turns it around.

Last edited by a moderator:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I, much like others, don't care until there is a new owner. Sarver is toxic.

The NBA also isn't worth following if you're one of the 25 teams without a power trio. The league is basically a waiting room.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Where were you when the Dbacks were doing good before this series vs the Nationals?

I've posted a few times. Sorry I don't post play by play of every game. Like I said early on before the season even started, their hitting was going to be questioned because of the loss of Martinez. Doesn't appear I was wrong.

This isn't an accurate statement. You and many other Coyotes fans were happy with Sarver when the team was a title contender and now you and those same Coyotes fans don't care about the team as a result of the team playing like crap over the years. Not to mention, you and those same Coyotes fans hate Sarver more not because of the performance of the team but Sarver isn't willing to help the Coyotes. Sarver will be loved once again when the Suns are among the best teams in the league again regardless of him not willing to help the Coyotes.

Well, if you understand the history of the Suns, he purchased the team in 2004, and they wound up making the playoffs the first 3 years of his tenure. It has been a progressive decline over time, and has shown no signs of improving whatsoever. So yeah, of course you can cheer when he first took over, but it was quickly obvious he was not fit to run an NBA franchise.

Would it be nice if the Suns shared the arena with the Coyotes? Sure. But it didn't work before(the stadium isn't built for hockey). First game I went to was a family 4 pack, and you couldn't see half of the ice from where our seats were. Rumors are swirling that Sarver wants to sell the team. If fans stopped showing up to games, it would have probably pushed him to sell sooner. But as it is, people like their NBA basketball.

The NBA also isn't worth following if you're one of the 25 teams without a power trio. The league is basically a waiting room.

True. I don't really watch until the playoffs, and even then I rarely watch. The Cavs/Celtics game yesterday was the first playoff game I've watched so far this year. NBA needs to try and do something though, because it's the same teams every year. But I get that the league is more star oriented.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Diamondbacks need to do something about this middle IF situation. Owings, Marte, and Ahmed can't hit shit.

Find someone with another struggling middle IF and do a change of scenery deal. Worked out with Aaron Hill.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I think the Arizona kid is the best pick for the Suns.

Seems like the sure pick. If the other guy plays games, all is lost. His defensive deficiencies can be overcome. I can't find the article where I learned it (possibly a TV B/C) , but I don't think he has played BB long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad