Other AZ Sports Thread 6: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...at-against-students-staff-athletes/370062002/

A 20-year-old former Arizona State football player is in custody after police said he made "terroristic threats" against students and staff at Arizona State University.
ASU and Tempe police arrested Edward "Robbie" Robinson about 8 p.m. Friday off-campus.
According to the arrest records, Robinson posted on social media that he wanted to buy a gun to shoot people and “spray the stadium.” His bond is set at $50,000.
ASU police became aware about noon Friday of "threats of violence against members of the Sun Devil athletics community," police spokeswoman Katy Harris told The Arizona Republic on Saturday. The university then issued an alert at the Tempe campus.
Robinson, who has not been enrolled at the university for more than a year, was arrested on suspicion of terroristic threats, disruption of an educational institution and possession of marijuana, Harris said.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm curious, because Miller would get so much money if fired, is he going to wait to get fired? Is the university going to try to force his resignation? He didn't coach last night, and honestly, he wasn't fired yet because of that stipulation in his contract in my eyes.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I always thought it odd that most b-ball highlights focus on the dunk....or worse the breakaway dunk. If you're 6'8" is it a challenge to dunk a basketball? And the breakaway dunk is like an empty net goal.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I noticed around the internet lots of ASU and NAU fans are beside themselves over the Sean Miller matter and are delusional to the point where they fail to see their own basketball program will never be what the UofA has made their program to be over the years. The jealousy over how successful the UofA basketball program is serves a a reminder to those same fans as well that they feel inferior over the fact that the UofA is still a better school than both ASU and NAU.

08e523824761c3cccf7355ae4e681ec9--university-of-arizona-arizona-wildcats.jpg

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I noticed around the internet lots of ASU and NAU fans are beside themselves over the Sean Miller matter and are delusional to the point where they fail to see their own basketball program will never be what the UofA has made their program to be over the years. The jealousy over how successful the UofA basketball program is serves a a reminder to those same fans as well that they feel inferior over the fact that the UofA is still a better school than both ASU and NAU.

08e523824761c3cccf7355ae4e681ec9--university-of-arizona-arizona-wildcats.jpg

And that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that UofA has been implicated in a pay to play scheme along with several other D-1 schools.

IF.... it comes to pass that Sean Miller was directly involved with this scheme then it tarnishes everything Lute Olson built and all that UofA fans blindly cling to.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
If the Suns lose in my birthplace of Memphis, they would have the first month where they didn't win (minimum five games). This 50th season is just terrible.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Sean Miller returns as Arizona has his back and Arizona wins vs Stanford. Too bad the Pro-ASU and Pro-NAU crowd failed to mention this news as both crowds fail to show any objectivity in this matter.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
If the Suns lose in my birthplace of Memphis, they would have the first month where they didn't win (minimum five games). This 50th season is just terrible.

Infamous record avoided in the Mid-South. Then they lose to Oklahoma City tonight. Not exactly the good way to start March.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sean Miller returns as Arizona has his back and Arizona wins vs Stanford. Too bad the Pro-ASU and Pro-NAU crowd failed to mention this news as both crowds fail to show any objectivity in this matter.

Much like the objectivity you’re showing by labeling everyone as “pro-NAU” and “pro-ASU”.??

Give the bitterness a rest.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'm upset at the Maricopa County Community College District, the governing board of my junior college, Mesa Community College. Why? They decided to cancel football at Mesa, Glendale Community College, Phoenix College, & my rival, Scottsdale Community College, after the 2018 educational year due to costs. I understand the rational, but players in Arizona are going to be in a world of hurt by this loss. There are only 2 D-I FBS programs in the Grand Canyon State (UofA & ASU), 1 FCS program (NAU), no D-II or D-III, only 1 in NAIA (Arizona Christian), and only 3 other JuCo options left (Arizona Western College in Yuma, Central Arizona College in Coolidge, Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher & Pima Community College in Tucson), high school players in-state that were not ready for the big time will have fewer options to get ready for college football. I hope the District will reverse course, but finances are tight to deal with. If this is the end of Thunderbird football, I wish I went to more game. I will miss it.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Sadly, my Dad and & will miss the 2018 Opening Day for the D-Backs. 7:10 start on Thursday is just a big problem for my Father. My dad promises we will go to Game #2, the 6:40 Friday night game vs. Colorado. I hope the D-backs do well.

Reactions: moosemeister

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
It's bubble watch for Bobbly Hurley and the Sun Devils' MBB team. Is that win at then #2 Kansas going to be enough to go dancing in the NCAA Tournament, or have the abysmal Pac-12 play made the Devils NIT bound? 3PM Arizona time on TBS (Really, CBS? :facepalm: ) will be Judgement Day at Tempe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad