OT- The Video Game Thread

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, but that's a grind I want to eventually get into. Purposefully holding back from playing 4x and city-builders for the time being, as I want to actually have time for my son.

Fully expecting to pump a few hundred hours into the next Zelda, though.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Crusader Kings is a grind of a game.
Yep, but its more fun. Having a yearly Ultimate Team that sets Back every New game seems pointless now... After playing this the past 10 years in various games.

NHL with online franchise mode followed by HUT 15/16/17 was fun. All while EASHL was at its peak around this time (and 13/14)

I had fun playing Civilization 6.
I'm mostly done with competitive online modes.
Getting old :D

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

The last way to safely play my favorite games growing up. f*** Activision. Assholes.

If anyone is unaware, all the old Call of Duty games on PC allow remote code execution through online gameplay, essentially have your PC taken over by another user.

Activision still sells these games at FULL PRICE on Steam, and open source people have released these clients to make the games playable again without RCE.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Been playing the Resident Evil 4 Remake the past month, it's fantastic.

Gonna put it down soon and transition to the new Zelda game. BOTW is still my favorite game of all time and put in over 200 hours...so definitely fired up for Zelda.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Tears of the Kingdom is a damn good time sink, I'll say that much. I'm actually legitimately amazed at how much of everything they added to the game and it still fits on a Switch cartridge.

And I still feel like I've only scratched the surface despite probably having put 15-20 hours into it already.

Reactions: shakes the clown

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Anyone playing BattleBit Remastered??
Looks like a fun shooter. Not sure it sticks longer than 2-3 months. Gameplay like Battlefield should be.
Haven't played it myself yet, but I think you can really enjoy this game.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Looks like a fun shooter. Not sure it sticks longer than 2-3 months. Gameplay like Battlefield should be.
Haven't played it myself yet, but I think you can really enjoy this game.
Im enjoying it immensely. Not sure it has staying power but until xDefiant, its awesome.

Reactions: Bubba88

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Friend plays a 25 year NHL GM Mode. It's fun when you only sim it and try to keep it real. Storylines can happen every once in a while.
Thanks to share screen it has become a group project :D

Other than that I think I might finish Valhalla after taking another year long break...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
At the final boss fight in diablo 4 campaign play through. Its been a blast.

Im jumping into Season 1 with a Rogue this weekend.

Still hoping we get a Paladin or Crusader class added before two long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad