OT: OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers and our pointless bowl games we got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I think we can all agree the rule needs changed. The same thing happened to Dez and the Cowboys in a playoff game.

I'm more upset that they thought he lost possession of the ball due to the ground when his right hand was underneath the ball. It is allowed to move in that case.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
8cDyxvl.jpg

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Actually it does matter where the goal line is. As soon as the ball crosses the goaling the play is over. He would have had to fumble with the ball before it crossed and we all know he didn't do that.
That isn't true. If the player has to maintain control when hitting the ground no matter where it ius on the field. If he established control of the ball then crossed the plain before the ball came out then its a TD. He never maintained possession. Learn the rules guys.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm still surprised there isn't more of an uproar of how the game went after the no catch. The game should have went to OT at worst.
for sure. And we should have won earlier with an interception. Or run out the clock the drive before.

We can bitch about the call, but the Steelers should have won this game before it got to that point. Or gone to OT after.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think we can all agree the rule needs changed. The same thing happened to Dez and the Cowboys in a playoff game.

I'm more upset that they thought he lost possession of the ball due to the ground when his right hand was underneath the ball. It is allowed to move in that case.

This is a totally different case and is nothing like what we are talking about.

That wasn't a TD due to simple contact and him landing outside the endzone. The ball did hit the ground and he lost control, but he wasn't ever going to score.
That isn't true. If the player has to maintain control when hitting the ground no matter where it ius on the field. If he established control of the ball then crossed the plain before the ball came out then its a TD. He never maintained possession. Learn the rules guys.

Two hands on the ball, ball breaks plain.

You can't be more simple than that.

I really think you guys are treating this like a catch within the endzone.

He had already come down from the catch and he reached over. Reaching over is a secondary move from catching the ball. As soon as the ball breaks the plain the ball in dead.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The rule is convoluted enough to allow the NFL to interpret it in whichever way they want. "Going to the ground" is an extremely vague term.

Reactions: Brandinho

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
I'm still surprised there isn't more of an uproar of how the game went after the no catch. The game should have went to OT at worst.
Dunno, I'm glad they went for it...

I am surprised at how well the steelers played overall, although belechick will surely make adjustments if we meet them again in the playoffs

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’m slightly less inebriated and I’m still angry at how the refs played that. When the play is inconclusive how the f*** do you not just stick to the on field call? Refs wanted to decide the game and did. It pisses me off so much.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Dunno, I'm glad they went for it...

I am surprised at how well the steelers played overall, although belechick will surely make adjustments if we meet them again in the playoffs
They should have had all three timeouts but like usual they had to burn ok earlier in the half. Ok that happens, but why the f*** did they not already have a play called if they went down in bounds? It seems pretty logical to do so yet they ran to the line confused and went with a horrible rushed fake spike. Everyone will focus on the no catch but again coaching is a big reason they lost. And don't even get me started why Gronk was single covered on that two point conversion.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He did a football move reaching while on the ground. Now we are trying to breach the fact he wasn't on his feet?

That is preposterous.

We agree he did a football move. But you weren't saying it right. A lot of people bitching right now are not saying it right.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It just reinforces my stance about staying away from such corruption.

It's one thing on a bang bang play and a ref on the field has to make a determination and you have a human error, but this stuff is looked at and they still get it wrong.

They make it this way so they can do whatever they want.

I don't spend a dime on football, so I don't get why I keep trying to understand such a bad sport with a whole lot of bad people.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Two things.

Broke the play with James down again and his fingers are clearly under the ball when it touches the ground. HE NEVER LOST CONTROL.

If the NFL wants to go strictly by the book, on the INT, 25 grabs and pulls Eli closer to him to make the play. NO CALL.

Dumb league run by the worst people in this country. They arrogantly spit on their fans, well message received!

Reactions: wheelz87

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I had pointed out before the game that this officiating crew has been an issue all year and considered to be a joke.

Three of the four most penalized games this year were this crew for one thing. Hopefully they do not work the playoffs.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
In the end, the Steelers still had control their destiny after the botched overturn and they still screwed it up. That's on them.
Total B.S.

That would be like saying in baseball when the umpire is calling obvious balls strikes that it's on the batter when he doesn't overcome the pitcher being allowed to throw 5 or 6 balls.

Not only did the refs give the Pats' D a second chance, they drained all the momentum that came from the JuJu catch and run.

The Seelers took the lead there. That was a good touchdown. To say "now do it again or it's on you" is pretty unreasonable.

Reactions: wheelz87

The Gobfather*

May 2, 2014
This type of stuff is one of the big reasons their ratings are down it’s not fun when you have a big exciting play for a red to come out of nowhere and pull a weird rule out of his ass and screw said team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad