OT: OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers and our pointless bowl games we got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
"Obviously, that crafty rascal is trying to bait me into playing more man coverage. I'll show him why the standard is the standard." - Tomlin, probably

Tomlin is going to be all crafty like and double-upside down trick BB and come out in soft zones.

Reactions: KIRK

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Mike Tomlin and Bill Belichick may have their hands full with the NFL's officiating crew this Sunday at Heinz Field.
The NFL has assigned Tony Corrente and his officiating crew to work Sunday's game between the Patriots and Steelers. Corrente's crew has assessed a league high 203 penalties. The crew has officiated three of the four highest penalized games of the 2017 season, according to NFL reporter Rock Gosselin.

Tony Corrente's crew to officiate Steelers vs. Patriots

Oh hell.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

78736d548e30bcd2cf724e88d37ea094

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
And that ONE win they had they decide to go away from that game plan in the following games.

brilliant_meme.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not 40 though.

NOT 40.

That would be really bad.

I kind of like the Brady has never thrown an interception against a Tomlin coached Steelers team. :laugh:

Wasn't noted in the caption, but I believe Brady's QB rating is better against the Tomlin coached Steelers than any other team he's played against.

But, this time, no way they'll expect 3-4 man rushes and soft zone. No way. They're gonna be so prepped for man that it will throw them off . . .

Reactions: OnMyOwn

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Once he remembered how to catch the ball, he couldn't stay healthy.

True. If he handles the ball far too well to be an honorary Penguin.

Tipping it to one of the Ravens for an odd man break and TD the other way and we are spot on though.

Or better yet a no look lateral nowhere near another Steeler that went right to one of the Ravens.

Reactions: TNT87

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not such great news on JSS and Haden. Appears like they won't play

So, when we play soft zone and it gets skewered, we can still delude ourselves into thinking we'll press and play man against the Pats if we see them in the playoffs with Haden?

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So, when we play soft zone and it gets skewered, we can still delude ourselves into thinking we'll press and play man against the Pats if we see them in the playoffs with Haden?

If they come out in a soft zone against Brady, I'm going to shoot myself so I don't feel tempted to watch the upcoming brain dead disaster...or the rest of the so-called season

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If they come out in a soft zone against Brady, I'm going to shoot myself so I don't feel tempted to watch the upcoming brain dead disaster...or the rest of the so-called season

IF?

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Not such great news on JSS and Haden. Appears like they won't play
Not really anticipating Haden, feel the D is screwed regardless. But Juju too? Not good. Eli and Martavis aren’t good enough this year. Coach Patricia and Bill will have a plan for AB. Patrick Chung is a baaaad man. Malcolm Butler is also a baaaad man (Tom and his entire offense are baaad men too, but that goes without saying).

The Steelers can’t have Ben throw 40+ times and expect to win. They’ll absolutely have to have success on the ground with Bell, and his overworked < 4 YPC self. Keep Tom off the field, blah blah blah.

Also, win the coin toss, receive the opening kick and score a touchdown first. If they fall behind by 2 possessions at any point, they’re done. Brown may get garbage time points then, but they won’t be in any danger of winning. The Patriots are not the Ravens or Bengals.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Not really anticipating Haden, feel the D is screwed regardless. But Juju too? Not good. Eli and Martavis aren’t good enough this year. Coach Patricia and Bill will have a plan for AB. Patrick Chung is a baaaad man. Malcolm Butler is also a baaaad man (Tom and his entire offense are baaad men too, but that goes without saying).

The Steelers can’t have Ben throw 40+ times and expect to win. They’ll absolutely have to have success on the ground with Bell, and his overworked < 4 YPC self. Keep Tom off the field, blah blah blah.

Also, win the coin toss, receive the opening kick and score a touchdown first. If they fall behind by 2 possessions at any point, they’re done. Brown may get garbage time points then, but they won’t be in any danger of winning. The Patriots are not the Ravens or Bengals.

God help us if we're relying on Bryant. Will be a loss for sure. The dude's been a huge disappointment since he got off the weed--not physical, shies from contact. Someone should slip the guy an edible before the game....

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Butler has really struggled this year, so not sure I'd call him a baaaaad man. If the Steelers had the right coaching he could be easily exploited.

Also, the last time the Steelers beat NE, Roth threw the ball 50 times and they had the ball for 39 minutes as well.

The ground game myth to slow down Brady agt the Steelers has to stop. Steelers have a HOF QB as well and he needs to be let loose like the last time they beat the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad