OT Kapernick files grievance against NFL for collusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Pretty easy to see who understands how a business actually functions VS those living in fantasy land in this thread. Anyone who thinks Kap has a case in wrong. This isn't opinion vs opinion; you are simply wrong.

Every employer has the right to not hire someone because they believe the value they would add does not outweigh the risk said person comes along with (general statement, so let's not nitpick at race, disability acts, etc etc). Not difficult to comprehend. If he was an even above average player, he would have been signed. BUT HE ISN'T. In his last two seasons he had a 3-16 record and averaged less than 185 passing yards per game. That's horrendous! He averaged over 3 sacks per game, among the worst in the league both seasons! Why the hell do people think he should be signed?

"But golly gee, he's better than Weeden"

Option A: Sucks and won't win you any games
Option B: Sucks and won't win you any games AND risks damaging your brand AND being a distraction

Hmm, I'll take option A like every other owner has chosen to do. I can't take it anymore. People expecting GB to give a call? Are you kidding me?! Why the hell would they not just play Hundley who THEY ACTUALLY DRAFTED and knows the system? They wouldn't take Kap if he had zero baggage.

This media circus has uninformed internet justice crusaders (not on here, speaking in general terms) running around, talking as if Kap is some good QB that is being unfairly blackballed from the league. It's nuts. Meanwhile 90% of folks who actually follow the NFL know he wasn't even an average QB the last 2 seasons. Not even close.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
And it's clear that you don't know anything about Kaepernick's experience because he didn't run the read option anywhere near as much as the people like you believe. It was not the predominant style that he ran in his time as a 49er. The idea that Kaepernick alienates 40/50% of your fan base is pure speculation pulled out of thin air that is not supported by anything resembling facts. [mod]

The RG3 thing has already been brought up, acknowledged, and shown why it's just a thinly disguised attempt to distract from the point. A normal tactic for those w/o a real argument.
That's just it! ESPN and the Media was claiming he was perfect for the Titans because they "run the read option" And it was a complete garbage comment. Instead of doing actual football research they instantly went to the politics of why they didn't want him. Brandon Weeden was signed because he was cheap and knew the offensive terminology. He's not a safety or lineman it takes months if not years for QB's to learn a new offense. He was 1-5 for 4 yards with 5 sacks and a fumble in a game last year vs a 3-13 Bears team.

Plus yes it would divide the fanbase because he has created this air of "I am right and you are wrong" around him. Anyone claiming Cuba was less oppressive than the US needs to be hospitalized. He has made millions being "oppressed". While Yasiel Puig risked his life for a chance at being "oppressed".
Puig loves this country and Kaepernick hates it. Which one do fans love more?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hull and Oates

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It's mighty convenient that Kaepernick only decided to start "standing" for something once his career was in jeopardy after playing poorly on a bad team. Go figure.

a guy that doesn't even vote and is pro Castro for several reasons including his excellent education policies. LOL. Talk about a hypocrit.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
It's mighty convenient that Kaepernick only decided to start "standing" for something once his career was in jeopardy after playing poorly on a bad team. Go figure.

a guy that doesn't even vote and is pro Castro for several reasons including his excellent education policies. LOL. Talk about a hypocrit.

Don't forget the cops as pig socks as well as donating $25,000 to a charity that honors still wanted fugitive Joanne Chesimard, who murdered a police officer.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Not sure as I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone touched on the clause in the CBA that if one single player is found a victim of collusion that the CBA could be terminated??

"Article 69, Section 2 of the CBA allows for the agreement to be terminated prematurely in the event of proof of collusion. Under Article 17, Section 16(c) of the CBA, termination can arise from only one incident of collusion involving only one player if there is clear and convincing evidence of a violation."

Kaepernick has no chance but he's going nuclear.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Not sure as I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone touched on the clause in the CBA that if one single player is found a victim of collusion that the CBA could be terminated??

"Article 69, Section 2 of the CBA allows for the agreement to be terminated prematurely in the event of proof of collusion. Under Article 17, Section 16(c) of the CBA, termination can arise from only one incident of collusion involving only one player if there is clear and convincing evidence of a violation."

Kaepernick has no chance but he's going nuclear.

He's not the brightest bulb. But this just keeps his name in the papers. And when he loses he can claim martyr status

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Meanwhile 90% of folks who actually follow the NFL know he wasn't even an average QB the last 2 seasons. Not even close.
fake news
passed for 200 yards a game, ran for 4o yards a game, hit 60% of his passes, threw 16 tds vs. only 4 ints in 12 games last season
on a lousy team
certainly not great, probably not even good, but firmly above average last year

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
It will be very difficult to prove collusion unless someone was a dumbass. I think based on talent he probably deserves a spot on some team but he's got baggage and there is a certain collective thinking going on that has decided that the baggage outweighs the benefit of having him on your roster. I'm not sure that is collusion just the reality of having 30 options for employment and their sensitivity towards public opinion

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
I like him he's exciting.
If not for Kaepernick's politics would anyone care about him? Some teams will lose 1/2 of your fans when you sign CK (probably more in places like Miami).

Why can't you understand that teams scared of loosing half their fans by signing CK is the ground for his claim and for this topic.
The sole fact that if he wasn't involved in a political shitstorm he would probably be throwing balls to WRs and TEs ever bloody weekend is why he LEGALLY has a right to do what he is attempting to do. (I am not saying he should or could win the case).

snip
Now imagine a team steps up and signs Kaepernick. His contribution on the field would be minimal if anything. Your own fans will hate you. Games played in places with patriotic Americans will become circuses with extra security. Your team will forever be know as the one who let Kaepernick back into the league. Your teams jersey will be defaced everywhere. The media is going to be prying and swarming everywhere. "Why does your team have a players with a Castro shirt on?" "Why did he send 25k to that organization that supports that cop killer in hiding in Cuba?"

I loved watching people burn Lebron jerseys when he left for Miami only to see them go to a store and shell another $200 on a brand new Lebron jersey when he came back to Cleveland.

Last edited:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Why can't you understand that teams scared of loosing half their fans by signing CK is the ground for his claim and for this topic.
The sole fact that if he wasn't involved in a political ****storm he would probably be throwing balls to WRs and TEs ever bloody weekend is why he LEGALLY has a right to do what he is attempting to do. (I am not saying he should or could win the case).
that is just it though he’s created a situation where he is unhireable. That’s not on the NFL issue it’s his problem. It’s almost impossible to separate the player from the activist.
Team also have a legal right not to hire him if he’s damaged the product.
A. The player is not that good to begin with. Do you think if this was Cam Newton protesting he’d not have a job? But when you averaged 5 sacks a game as a QB there is an issue with his play.
B. The Activist certainly makes him hard to justify hiring. Companies like to be Switzerland when it comes to their customers. He’s said Racist things about the paying customers and potential bosses. Plus his support for Castro and outright lies about the US. His protests started as something benign and harmless but he’s given support to violent groups.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I cant see this going anywhere.
#1 New England, Green Bay and a hand full of other teams would never have wanted Kap. Solid starting Qb and a young Qb groomed as back up.

#2 People fall in the NFL draft all the time for off field issues. If the NFL defines issues as bringing extra attention its clear. Does not matter if you agree or disagree with his motives.

#3 Kap ranked 30th in yards per game passing. Tied for 9th times being sacked. Comp % 26th, Yards per attempt 23rd.

Was he deserving of a back up look? yes. There are several out of work QBs that could make a similar case.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The NFL had dogkiller Vick, guys committing manslaughter, rapists, drug addicts, etc and the fans never complained half as much.

But the fans have complained and due to the fact that this guy is not very good, teams don't want him. If he was actually good enough, he'd be playing somewhere. He's not great enough to significantly elevate a bad team and he's not great enough to guide a champion. Why take on the headache?

Reactions: powerstuck

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
If you owned the Miami Dolphins and played in a city with 20% Cuban population you would not!! Kaepernick said Castro’s Cuba was less oppressive than the United States and the US should learn from his leadership. He was a ruthless dictator and murderer his own citizens. That was highly offensive especially to the Cuban population in Florida. I know that for a fact.

It’s not just about his ability he’s a distraction and seems to be about getting publicity for himself more than actually playing football. Why is no one pushing for Tim Tebow or RG3? Why is he the only one being picked on?

Kapernick is a moron. He should go move to Cuba and see how he likes living there. If I were a team owner I'd never give him a job unless it's to clean my toilets. He's an absolute arsehat and prima donna who needs a reality check.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
that is just it though he’s created a situation where he is unhireable. That’s not on the NFL issue it’s his problem. It’s almost impossible to separate the player from the activist.
Team also have a legal right not to hire him if he’s damaged the product.
A. The player is not that good to begin with. Do you think if this was Cam Newton protesting he’d not have a job? But when you averaged 5 sacks a game as a QB there is an issue with his play.
B. The Activist certainly makes him hard to justify hiring. Companies like to be Switzerland when it comes to their customers. He’s said Racist things about the paying customers and potential bosses. Plus his support for Castro and outright lies about the US. His protests started as something benign and harmless but he’s given support to violent groups.

Kapernick is a moron. He should go move to Cuba and see how he likes living there. If I were a team owner I'd never give him a job unless it's to clean my toilets. He's an absolute arsehat and prima donna who needs a reality check.

Maybe, but why can't we let him crash this train he is the driver of. With his own money. Just let him be and lets up learn some lessons from it and maybe better understand the business side of things.

I mean, if I drive 29mhp in a 30 zone, my tire blews up and swerves my car in your lane where you are driving 60 mph (in the same 30 zone), you roll and almost kill yourself....you will sue my ass till I can pay no more, but you will do it because YOU CAN even tho nothing I did intentionally caused the accident.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
fake news
passed for 200 yards a game, ran for 4o yards a game, hit 60% of his passes, threw 16 tds vs. only 4 ints in 12 games last season
on a lousy team
certainly not great, probably not even good, but firmly above average last year

He ranked 29th in total yards, 25th for passing TDs, and 34th for yards per game and 47th! for 1st down passing attempt conversions.

Don't let his high completion % throw you off. He throws a lot of safe short passes for high accuracy, but he doesn't move the chains all that well and can't air it out either.

He is backup quality and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->