OT: Inline Hockey Fans

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I'm wondering if you can help me reminsce about an vintage pair of skates... They were made in the early to mid 90's and they had a unique V shaped design...

The wheels were on a 30-40% angle on the chassis ... 1st and 3rd angled one way and 2nd and 4th angled the opposite direction.... They were designed to simulate ice hockey skating (don't know how well that really worked)....

the name TOUR always comes to mind but I don't think they were made by that company....

I'm dying to remember the name... Please help follow Ranger fans...

Balej20*

I'm wondering if you can help me reminsce about an vintage pair of skates... They were made in the early to mid 90's and they had a unique V shaped design...

The wheels were on a 30-40% angle on the chassis ... 1st and 3rd angled one way and 2nd and 4th angled the opposite direction.... They were designed to simulate ice hockey skating (don't know how well that really worked)....

the name TOUR always comes to mind but I don't think they were made by that company....

I'm dying to remember the name... Please help follow Ranger fans...

I totally remember what you are talking about. I'm gonna try to find the name for u.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Yes, they were called V-Form made my V Formation Inc.

The main supposed advantages were tighter turning radius (30+% improvement), quick wheel change, and better braking characteristics.

I personally never tried a pair but do remember them. They did look intriguing especially for edgework (which is lost in rollerhockey) but looked like they would suffer in straightaway, up and down speed.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Awesome guys..... Good work...

At one pointed I tried to image seach "V skates" but never remembered the V-Form part...

Thanks!

nickrOck

Jul 11, 2006
yeah atleast i'm good for something.. haha.. never tried them, they always looked too wierd..

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
nexed stingers are based off the same technology. instead of such a drastic pronounced "v", the more successful line used a very slight 2 degree v. its a actually an awesome skate, ive had mine for 6 years and they still work great. i ref in them. i played and reffed in them for years. great chassis. they also made a more drastic 8 degree that didnt do as well.

i believe nexed either bought v form or v form just changed into nexed.

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
I've used these for quite some time now. Just recently got back into Roller and have been looking for another pair of these. A very comfortable skate that allows great Turning/Cornering, which isnt the easiest to attain in Roller. I've had mine for 6+ years and have been great to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->