OT: Any1 hear About the asian winter games?

Blue Dragon

Jan 27, 2007
Ohio
Amazingly 52-1 is not a record. The record for highest score in an international game is 58-0, when Australia dominated New Zealand in 1987.

Temm

Jan 4, 2006
Amazingly 52-1 is not a record. The record for highest score in an international game is 58-0, when Australia dominated New Zealand in 1987.

Actually, the honor goes to a game at the 1998 Asian Oceanic Juniors tournament where South Korea took out Thailand 92-0.

Blue Dragon

Jan 27, 2007
Ohio
Actually, the honor goes to a game at the 1998 Asian Oceanic Juniors tournament where South Korea took out Thailand 92-0.

Notice the word "Juniors" in that tournament. I was talking about the Sr. International record. :)

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
are some of the kazakhs the same ones from the olympics? Is this type of torture really necessary? Highest score game I've ever been in was 11-1 and that was (a huge mismatch) in pee wees????

No, on top of Antropov and at that time Kolesnik, Kazakhstan's Olympic team also featured 15 RSL players. I guess RSL teams would not let their players participate in a midseason international tournament as this edition of team Kazakhstan consists entirely of players from Kazzink-Torpedo and Kazakhmys, which are both Kazakh teams that are in the the Russian Vishaya Liga (High League).

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
No, on top of Antropov and at that time Kolesnik, Kazakhstan's Olympic team also featured 15 RSL players. I guess RSL teams would not let their players participate in a midseason international tournament as this edition of team Kazakhstan consists entirely of players from Kazzink-Torpedo and Kazakhmys, which are both Kazakh teams that are in the the Russian Vishaya Liga (High League).

I would guess that it had nothing to do with the RSL allowing players to play, its more about not sending a too powerful team. Its akin to the team Canada sends to the Spengler Cup or the other international tournaments in Europe. This is just the Kazakh B team, which I think makes it more fair for everyone involved anyway. If this team won 52-1 and 38-0, I can't imagine what their A team would do.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Japan ended up winning the final, btw.

It was Japan's "B" team too. Japan didn't let their Asia league players go, and of course no Fukufuji either. :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad