Status
Not open for further replies.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
Hey, you hockeyholics! :eek:
No worries, even though there is lockout at the NHL
WE WILL HAVE HOCKEY THIS YEAR! :yo:
In case you haven't heard, the new league that signed quite an impressive number of NHL players will start its operation AFTER lockout is in effect.
:handclap:
Original Stars Hockey League
OSHL :handclap:

6 teams are named after Original 6 teams, players just want to be in shape and train while providing the fans with some hockey this season.
it isn't for monetary gains, obviously

Last edited:

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
thorspartak said:
Hey, you hockeyholics! :eek:
No worries, even though there is lockout at the NHL
WE WILL HAVE HOCKEY THIS YEAR! :yo:
In case you haven't heard, the new league that signed quite an impressive number of NHL players will start its operation AFTER lockout is in effect.
:handclap:
Original Stars Hockey League
OSHL :handclap:

6 teams are named after Original 6 teams, players just want to be in shape and train while providing the fans with some hockey this season.
it isn't for monetary gains, obviously

Not getting a penny of my money until they settle. The more fans that support this kind of league the longer it will take to get players to back off on the cap issue.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
$35-60 per ticket ? woah, that's tons of do', considering that Leaf tix go at least triple the price.
as for not supporting this, I like the idea of watching quality players playing quality games.

I m quite familiar with the sentiment of non-other-than-NHL-league, but would love to see hockey this year. Till NHL solves the lock-out.

Plus the guy that's doing this OSHL will stop operating it when the agreement be inked.

eye said:
Not getting a penny of my money until they settle. The more fans that support this kind of league the longer it will take to get players to back off on the cap issue.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
eye said:

Great point. Fans will be doing a disservice to the NHL if they support this.

Last edited:

Go Flames Go*

Just watch the NFL, a real league with some fan friendly players. Something that is competitve and exciting and dosent piss you off.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
thorspartak said:
$35-60 per ticket ? woah, that's tons of do', considering that Leaf tix go at least triple the price.
as for not supporting this, I like the idea of watching quality players playing quality games.

I m quite familiar with the sentiment of non-other-than-NHL-league, but would love to see hockey this year. Till NHL solves the lock-out.

Plus the guy that's doing this OSHL will stop operating it when the agreement be inked.

my Leaf seats are $37/each, hardly triple.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
thorspartak said:
I like the idea of watching quality players playing quality games.
Aren't these games going to be 4 on 4? They're glorified scrimmage games to keep the players busy and in shape 'til the NHL starts up again, I wouldn't pay $30+ to see that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Licentia said:

Because this OSHL league is such a wide league that will get all kinds of exposure.

Wrong.

If you don't live in Ontario, you won't see a second of it, it does not matter.

While the owners and players alike try to bring down their tremendous egos, fans want to watch hockey. Fans don't care what kind of hockey. We'd rather watch the NHL, but above all if there's no NHL hockey, well then we'll take what we can get.

The fans doing disservice to the NHL are the ones who didn't support their teams before the lockout.

But if there's a hockey league/venture that you don't support, then you should take a look in the mirror and question just how true of a hockey fan you are.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Did football fans support the XFL?

Some fans care what kind of hockey. I'm interested in the AHL, CHL, NCAA, Euro leagues more than this league.

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Licentia said:
And the NHL is doing you a service by cancelling the season? :dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Chili said:
Did football fans support the XFL?

Some fans care what kind of hockey. I'm interested in the AHL, CHL, NCAA, Euro leagues more than this league.

:lol

XFL bases no comparies to hockey, because there is essentially two football leagues in the world, on in America and the other in Europe. One in the fall and the other in the spring. The XFL doesn't have the tradition hockey has, therefore it failed. the XFL wasn't legit, it wasn't REAL football. It was a gimmick. That comparison is weak.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
go kim johnsson said:
:lol

XFL bases no comparies to hockey, because there is essentially two football leagues in the world, on in America and the other in Europe. One in the fall and the other in the spring. The XFL doesn't have the tradition hockey has, therefore it failed. the XFL wasn't legit, it wasn't REAL football. It was a gimmick. That comparison is weak.

so is this.

aj

Mar 19, 2004
London, England
The difference is that this league has really good players ("stars" even) and people will pay to see them play, no matter what the rules are.

If the XFL had had some of the best players from the NFL, and there was no NFL to watch, football fans would have watched it.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Do you believe that the NHL players will be playing with the same intensity as an NHL game knowing this is not their livelihood? The level of competition could resemble an all star game.

Maybe it will catch on, maybe it won't.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Chili said:
Do you believe that the NHL players will be playing with the same intensity as an NHL game knowing this is not their livelihood? The level of competition could resemble an all star game.

Maybe it will catch on, maybe it won't.

that's exactly it, a not hitter league....and I wouldn't count on it being full of "stars". Maybe 1 or 2 a team, maybe.

aj

Mar 19, 2004
London, England
So the intensity might resemble that of an All Star Game.....how many tickets does that sell each year?

As for the number of "stars" in the league.....well, who is and who isn't a "star" can be debated as long as you want, but if you look at the list of players who have been confirmed by the OSHL, there are more than enough for "1 or 2 a team, maybe."

Here's that list, in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.oshl.ca/players.html

I'm not trying to say that this is going to be the best hockey available to watch, or that I think it'll be better than the NHL or anything. But if I were anywhere near where the games were being played, I would definitely be tempted to check it out. And I think other people will, too.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
So the intensity might resemble that of an All Star Game.....how many tickets does that sell each year?

It's only played once a year, so not many. What is your point?

I probably will check it out as well. Whether hockey fans will find it entertaining remains to be seen.

And if a player is seriously injured, will that influence some to pack it in until there is a new cba?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
aj said:

As for the number of "stars" in the league.....well, who is and who isn't a "star" can be debated as long as you want, but if you look at the list of players who have been confirmed by the OSHL, there are more than enough for "1 or 2 a team, maybe."

Here's that list, in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.oshl.ca/players.html

I'm not trying to say that this is going to be the best hockey available to watch, or that I think it'll be better than the NHL or anything. But if I were anywhere near where the games were being played, I would definitely be tempted to check it out. And I think other people will, too.

Is that a list of players drafted or confirmed? not to doubt what you say but McCabe for example said he's going on vacation and may join that league later. Not sure if all the players drafted will actually play.

For what it's worth I went to the All-Star game in Toronto and it was brutal, boring hockey. Players could have played with eggs in their pockets!!

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
absolutely

any hockey is fine by me. any competitive hockey is fine by me.
plus there is "stars" that'll be playing.

St.John's Maple Leafs were supposed to move to Ricoh Coliseum from Nfld.

Other than that, what else can you watch in Ontario ?

WHA is nowhere near of what OSHL guys already achieved.

I'll wait and see, and I'll pay 35 big ones for a game.

go kim johnsson said:
Because this OSHL league is such a wide league that will get all kinds of exposure.

Wrong.

If you don't live in Ontario, you won't see a second of it, it does not matter.

While the owners and players alike try to bring down their tremendous egos, fans want to watch hockey. Fans don't care what kind of hockey. We'd rather watch the NHL, but above all if there's no NHL hockey, well then we'll take what we can get.

The fans doing disservice to the NHL are the ones who didn't support their teams before the lockout.

But if there's a hockey league/venture that you don't support, then you should take a look in the mirror and question just how true of a hockey fan you are.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
well, I can't even complain about lack of time : school, work, hobbies; but I still want to watch hockey...

nomorekids said:
wow, someone took the concept of "NBA Jam," made it into hockey, and now it's really happening. I'll pass on this cartoon league and focus on my underwater basket-weaving abilities.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
thorspartak said:
well, I'm not even trying to get on the "waiting list" for season passes.
forget it.
or you buy them bulk when the ticketmaster starts selling them ?

season tickets discount....regular price is $42.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->