Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Gen's 4
Wolves 3
GWG Noel

You're too kind Naz, Wolves haven't had much luck with the Gen's lately, we might be short numbered too, I could be wrong but I don't see game being close, I say 6-2 Gen's.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
A nothing game vs Sudbury for either team, I expect the Gen's will be sitting a few players that have bump and brusses, am I happy finishing 5th NO but happy we are not playing Hamilton, Barrie or Kingston. Niagara has a good team and hope the Gen's don't take them lightly. No prediction but we have to stay out of the box by taking stupid penalties & the power play has to be better than it was in the regular season
Go Gen's Go :thumbu:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens have way more playoff experience than Niagara. Here are all the players career playoff numbers

Niagara's big players in the playoffs:
Sam Miletic: 12 GP, 0 goals, 1 assist
Akil Thomas: 4 GP, 0 goals, 0 assists
Kirill Maksimov: 8 GP, 5 goals, 2 assists
Ben Jones: 10 GP, 0 goals, 1 assist
Stephen Dhillon: 0-4, 4.58 GAA, .878 save %

Oshawa's big players in the playoffs:
Jack Studnicka: 16 GP, 5 goals, 12 assists
Domenico Commisso: 16 GP, 5 goals, 8 assists
Allan McShane: 11 GP, 0 goals, 1 assist
Renars Krastenbergs: 11 GP, 6 goals, 3 assists
Kyle Keyser: 0-2, 2.73 GAA, .937 save %

jmkrangers

Aug 28, 2012
It's always bothered me that so many people in Canada care about the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament but the average person seems to know a lot less about the (far superior) CHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup (obviously this is because of the dramatic single-elimination bracket format of March Madness and all the media attention it gets). I've always thought it would be fun though to fill out some sort of CHL playoff bracket but since I've never really found a good way to do it online, I decided to try creating my own for this year. Although it's a bit complicated and not the most user-friendly, there's step-by-step instructions on the website that should help. So if want to give it a try go to: memorialcupbracket.weebly.com

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Hihi, having lived in oshawa my first 25years I still somewhat follow the team every year. Its playoff time now. Does Rogers TV Durham Region air the playoff games LIVE and ONLINE?

Thanks

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
HFBoards Game after the regular season:

GeneralsUpdates: 48
Pepsihead: 44
GensFan2k2: 42
Naz: 36
Coolwood: 26
Sakic19: 6
SH15: 2
TuckerFan1: 2
Cub: 1
Sickest Flow Bro: 1
Hockeyfan1234: 0

Tonight I'm going 4-2 OSH, Noel

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The refs in this league are such a joke. Ben Jones sets a pick on Keyser so he can't even attempt to make a save and they score but won't review it. 15 seconds later Phillip runs over Keyser causing a goal and they won't review that either. Refs literally handed Niagara this game. And what can you do about it? First shift of the game Allen just pulls a guy back from Keyser after the whistle and they call Allen for a penalty. So you can't protect your goalie, but then NIA can run him twice in a row and both are good goals apparently. This league loses so much credibility because of these idiots in the stripes.

The Gens didn't deserve to win anyways, but it should've been a 2-1 game going into the 2nd half of the 3rd, instead of 4-1 and the game over.

Gens did themselves no favours by completely giving up at that point, but it's tough to blame them when the refs are that bad blatantly costing them 2 goals at such a crucial time

Last edited:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Phillips hit Keyser after the goal went in Imwas not sure of the third goal but Oshawa lost their displayed in the third period.

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004
I knew the IceDogs were good, but they have really opened my eyes. This team is very good.
Oshawa are not playing well at all, credit Niagara for that, as they are playing an excellent game.
This is going to be a short series of the Generals don’t get some discipline.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well it takes 4 wins to win a series so it starts Tuesday :thumbu:
Tuesday
Gen's - 4
Dogs - 1
GWG Studnika
Thursday
Gen's - 3
Dogs - 2
GWG McCool

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The Niagara commentators are some of the most biased in the league (especially Ed), and even he was like "wow those were both clearly goalie interference and the refs missed them"
According to the IceDog site he did not say that and you know all goals are reviewed upstairs if something was wrong they would phone the penalty box even if the refs did not ask for a review and the Gens still only scored one goal and had eleven power plays . Tuesday I say 5 to 2 Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->