Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
The Gens have played 8 games and Allen has only been in 3 of them. It's October, there are 60 games left so I ain't panicking yet.

My wild card player that I think might surprise a few people when he returns is Ian Blacker.

I know we only played 8 games but we are playing badly not better, and Alan played 3 games not do to injury but suspended and there will be more to come as that's his style of play and he is a marked player.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

Sudbury is missing 4/5 of their best players tonight. No Kohn for us, not sure why. Must win tonight with that lineup for SBY. Keyser in net

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well rumor of the night that was making the rounds at the rink Eric Wellwood was there with wife. Flint played today @ home @ 4pm and he is associate coach makes you wonder what was he doing here.

Southwest76

Sep 3, 2016
Well rumor of the night that was making the rounds at the rink Eric Wellwood was there with wife. Flint played today @ home @ 4pm and he is associate coach makes you wonder what was he doing here.
He hasn't been with Flint at all this season! He stepped down during the summer

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Well wood no longer associate coach, involved in business outside of hockey.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
My thoughts of our team, our D which I thought it was our strong point has turned out to be not so,Di Carlo, Stillman and Allen are playing terrible, our forward Henderson a disapointment,our young guns are the one that are playing hard Noel, McShane, Andropov, Wong I know not young but Studnicka plays a good game but the rest are no better than 3rd line players.
also inexperience coaches in Nemisz & Mciver that are not ready to be head coaches, hope Jones return soon, if not have to get a vet Coach, before the generals dig them selves to deep of a hole. see you @ the rink

You lost me at Allen is playing terrible. He has played 3 games this year and was literally leading the league in +/- when he got suspended....

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
The Gens have played 8 games and Allen has only been in 3 of them. It's October, there are 60 games left so I ain't panicking yet.

My wild card player that I think might surprise a few people when he returns is Ian Blacker.

Agree. Go back and look at the comments about him in the rankings coming out of minor midget. He was the 2nd ranked D and they were raving about how much of a 2-way defender he is and will be in the future. He's never gotten a shot in the OHL to prove himself. Hopefully he gets healthy and gets a chance this year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Good bounce back game tonight. Played a weaker team without a lot of key guys in the lineup but Gens will take a win any way they can get one and dominated tonight as they should've. Noel left in the 2nd period and didn't return though, hopefully he's okay. Nice to see Huether with 2 goals and 10 shots. Gens need him/Kohn/Henderson to get going.

Updated hfboard game standings:
GeneralsUpdates: 8
Pepsihead: 4
GensFan2K2: 3
SH15: 2
TuckerFan1: 2
Coolwood: 2
Sickest Flow Bro: 1
Hockeyfan1234: 0
Naz: 0

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Good bounce back game tonight. Played a weaker team without a lot of key guys in the lineup but Gens will take a win any way they can get one and dominated tonight as they should've. Noel left in the 2nd period and didn't return though, hopefully he's okay. Nice to see Huether with 2 goals and 10 shots. Gens need him/Kohn/Henderson to get going.

Updated hfboard game standings:
GeneralsUpdates: 8
Pepsihead: 4
GensFan2K2: 3
SH15: 2
TuckerFan1: 2
Coolwood: 2
Sickest Flow Bro: 1
Hockeyfan1234: 0
Naz: 0
I would have expected even more domination considering the Wolves iced 17 players, a whopping eight of which were rookies and it won't be too long before they're dominating. Stillman's idea of sending a message is to sit out 2/3 of his top line when he has two wins. Missing Valentini and Carson too.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I would have expected even more domination considering the Wolves iced 17 players, a whopping eight of which were rookies and it won't be too long before they're dominating. Stillman's idea of sending a message is to sit out 2/3 of his top line when he has two wins. Missing Valentini and Carson too.

Apparently Sokolov and Lajeunesse went out Sat night and missed the team curfew, that's why they got benched in Oshawa

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
your funny writing stupid **** that you dont even know .

I was told that directly from a Wolves staffer in the Gens media room last night. Stillman was furious they missed curfew apparently, he said there’s been warnings in the passed which is why they got benched a game

wolfpack99

Oct 9, 2014
I was told that directly from a Wolves staffer in the Gens media room last night. Stillman was furious they missed curfew apparently, he said there’s been warnings in the passed which is why they got benched a game
i am sure wolf staffer would of said that he would be fired right and then come on.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
i am sure wolf staffer would of said that he would be fired right and then come on.

Lol what? The person doesn't work for the Wolves, they work for a paper in Sudbury that covers the team. It was a scout that asked them why SBY wasn't playing 2 of their best players. There'd be no reason from them to lie

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Hunt finally gets a new backup goalie. Ceci had decent rookie numbers (mid 3's GAA and .880 save %). Bad numbers this year but that's in only 1 start against the 1st place team in the OHL. He'll likely get his 1st Gens start next weekend against either OTT or KIT

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I remember Ceci playing for the Bulldogs last year and losing to the Gens 2 to 1. He was solid that night.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens also trade a 4th for local guy Hayden McCool. There is Hunt making the team tougher which was much needed. All skill guys basically when Allen isn't in the lineup, you need someone who can keep the other team honest and not be taking runs at McShane/Wong. Now 4 OA's though with Huether/Kohn/McCool/Di Carlo. Kohn scratched last game so is he on his way out? If not you'd gotta think Di Carlo. Gens have 8 legit OHL D once Allen/Blacker are back in the lineup so you could afford to move Di Carlo

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
A good article on Hayden in the Windsor star. He wanted to finish his career closer to home. This definitely means the end for Di Carlo or Koln, I think it will be Koln even we are heavy on the D.
Welcome home Hayden.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I would prefer Kohn to be the odd man out. Di Carlo is still a good serviceable stay at home D. If he gets shafted to the 7th d spot, it’s still a safe option in case of injury or as a trade chip late in the season.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Nice pick-up for you guys. Expect a bit of offence, a lot of hits, and a definite willingness to stand up for anyone at any time. He's a team-first power forward and one I was hoping would return to Windsor. Will look forward to him and the Gens coming to Windsor this season.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
My ideal lineup is:

F Lines:
Krastenbergs-McShane-Noel
Henderson-Studnicka-Antropov
Huether-Commisso-Wong
McCool-Kohn-MacLean
Others: Hewitson, Resnick, Kadlec

D Pairings:
Brewer-Stillman
Gross-Brassard
Ennis/Allen-Blacker

Those first 3 lines are going to score a ton and that 4th line you can put on the other teams stars and you'll see them get shut down more times than not. I love the balance of that lineup. No knock on Di Carlo, I think he's been great but we have too many young D-men who I don't want to see out of the lineup so he's my odd man out. I'd still keep him around though because Brewer will be gone at U17s in November and Gross will be gone at the World Juniors in Dec/Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad