Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Jack Studnicka was able to hop on a plane to Slovakia to join Team Canada U18 roster. In his first game today he scored two goals in a 7 to 3 win over Switzerland.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Gens orientation camp is this weekend. Any comments for those watching will be very much appreciated.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Oshawa, ON—This morning, it has been announced that Defenseman Joe Rupoli has committed to the Oshawa Generals.

The Oakville native was the Generals 5th round pick in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection, playing this past season with the Mississauga Chargers of the OJHL. The 6’3, 200-pound defenseman played 48 games tallying 3 goals and 12 assists along with 53 penalty minutes as a Charger.

“I look forward to Joe coming here in September and battling for a spot on our club,” said Roger Hunt, Vice President and General Manager of the Oshawa Generals. “He had a really good year in Tier II last season and I look forward to Joe taking the next step in becoming an Oshawa General.”

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Just from my hometown and know some of his family members.. was his first year coaching I'm just wondering what you think

It's hard to get a handle of what the assist do,as coach Jones discusses as a committee behind the bench, but I do know the players like him.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Thumbs up to all 3 behind the bench for sure. This team is run so well and the right people put in place right from the top down.

The ownership is strong and runs the team properly. GM, Scouts, Coaches, Additional hockey staff, they have quality people at every position.

Not trying to be too much of a tire pumper here but I don't see many holes with how this team is run and constructed, right from the top down. They definitely have a good thing going in Oshawa

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
OHL Gold Cup results

Nick Wong- 5GP, 2G, 1A, 2PIM
Zack Papusatkis- 2GP, 1-0-0-1, 2.38GAA, .906SV%
Cole Spencer- 5GP, 1A, 4PIM
Danyk Drouin- 5GP, 6PIM

Mitchell Brewer also finished his season with Georgetown this weekend. He played 15 OJHL playoff games as an underager and got 1G, 4A, 8PIM

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Gens fans stay tune tomorrow May 11th as there is an announcement coming don't know what it is but that was what was said on the Generals twitter account.
My Guess they signed the 1st pick Brewer.

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
Thumbs up to all 3 behind the bench for sure. This team is run so well and the right people put in place right from the top down.

The ownership is strong and runs the team properly. GM, Scouts, Coaches, Additional hockey staff, they have quality people at every position.

Not trying to be too much of a tire pumper here but I don't see many holes with how this team is run and constructed, right from the top down. They definitely have a good thing going in Oshawa

In my opinion it was a dumbass move selling the farm with a hope of getting a Mem Cup to Oshawa that was never going to happen. It was going to be awarded to the west for reasons that are too obvious. Team was cruising to a top Conference finish until broken up, could have given Erie a run...good to see Cirelli come up with the game winner tonight.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
In my opinion it was a dumbass move selling the farm with a hope of getting a Mem Cup to Oshawa that was never going to happen. It was going to be awarded to the west for reasons that are too obvious. Team was cruising to a top Conference finish until broken up, could have given Erie a run...good to see Cirelli come up with the game winner tonight.
Lol. Generals were never going to come close to winning. No depth. You need that to win. Do you not remember the championship team? Look at Eries depth. This was the best move as we have McShane moving forward rather than wasting Cirelli. And to say dumbass move? Shows your knowledge of junior hockey.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Goalhog would of said it was a dumbass move if the gens would of kept Cirelli & van Sompel.Roger Hunt did the right thing a great move for the future, there is no way we could of competed with Erie they had too much depth as we did in 2015.

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
And that press announcement the other day was indeed the signing of Brewer. With Mercier gone and maybe Di Carlo moving on, this signing fills a hole.

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
Too quiet round here, let's stir things up a bit...

Tolvanen-Studnicka (A)-Noel
Henderson-Commisso-Huether (A)
Krastenbergs-McShane-MacLean
Antropov-Kohn (C)-Burt
Extra: Wong, Gottschalk, Sparkes

Stillman (A)-Brassard
Ennis-Allen
Brewer-Blacker
Extra: Di Carlo

Keyser
Gauthier

Yes I stepped on that Tolvanen ledge :popcorn:

Huether & Kohn as OA's, Di Carlo as well if he stays

Also Kohn just screams captain material to me. Give that extra year before putting it on Studnicka.

Should be an excellent team next year with jumps big from Noel, McShane & Ennis. Studnicka could be ready for superstar territory as well based on his performance down the stretch and into the Playoffs.

Not to mention possible big additions via trade

:handclap:

Last edited:

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
you guys will be good this coming year..Could poss see T RAD heading your way as well..ante up the draft picks though -cause we need them badly ..I really REALLY hope that hes not wearing a green jersey next year..

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
you guys will be good this coming year..Could poss see T RAD heading your way as well..ante up the draft picks though -cause we need them badly ..I really REALLY hope that hes not wearing a green jersey next year..

well we hear the same thing that Rad maybe heading our way but that was before CHL awarded the 100 anniversary to Regina now that it wasn't awarded to Oshawa trade may not happen if it does some of the draft picks that are going your way would be some of the ones Erie gave us in the Cirelli trade.
Congrats to Erie on there season too bad about the memorial cup loss, the system is just wrong.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Getting Tolvanen all depends on which NHL team drafts him. I dont get why an NHL team would be ok with a top prospect playing half the amount of games that an OHL season entails. You know that if London drafted him he would be here. There is an underlying (branch $$$ cash clause ) that other teams dont seem to play.

If we could get a few of our picks to report you would be talking competing for a championship again for sure. Sure wouldn't mind a little Taylor Raddysh from erie to help them restock their draft pick cupboard though.:handclap:

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Gens 2018 'Draft'

On the Gens twitter site, they are showing the Gens owning the Kingston 2nd along with Missy's 2nd for 2018. I don't believe they hold the former. If they do, how was it obtained? Not really crucial. Just tired of no news here!

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Thanks Duke Guy! The OHL Draft Pick Database doesn't show the Gennies having two picks 2nds in 2018 and I thought it was fairly current. Maybe I am looking at a screen that's not up to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad