Oscar Lindberg, what is his future?

SAS

Sep 29, 2017
Rangers fan here. I really liked Oscar when he was with the Rangers but he seems to have had a difficult first year in Vegas. How has he looked and what does his future look like?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Rangers fan here. I really liked Oscar when he was with the Rangers but he seems to have had a difficult first year in Vegas. How has he looked and what does his future look like?
I remember I hated him in the lineup, then he started getting scratched and I don't remember why I disliked him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He hasn't had much jump, and his 2 way play has been somewhat sloppy. Outplayed by Nosek, Carrier and PEB (and then Carpenter was claimed off waivers and he outplayed him too).

Don't think they ever disclosed what's up with him.

I honestly don't even remember him getting banged up.

Clifford 'accidentally' ran into his head on their way to the benches. Hasn't been healthy since.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
He hasn't had much jump, and his 2 way play has been somewhat sloppy. Outplayed by Nosek, Carrier and PEB (and then Carpenter was claimed off waivers and he outplayed him too).

I'm a Ranger fan also, & was excited when the Knights picked him up. I thought the Rangers were really going to miss him.

Unfortunately, he's had a tough transition here playing wing, which isn't his natural position. He's played with a bunch of different linemates & hasn't been very consistent. His strength for the Knights has been killing penalties.

Clifford 'accidentally' ran into his head on their way to the benches. Hasn't been healthy since.

Yep, that was a real cheap shot & Oscar hasn't played since.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
having a good season?

Having a good 2 games. Hope he keeps it up, but the last game was probably his best as a Golden Knight. Gallant went with his gut and put him and Eakin on the 2nd line with Pacioretty as a wake up call to Stastny.

He's very similar to Nosek, who's shown offensive flashes but just can't put it together to justify staying in the lineup as a regular.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Having a good 2 games. Hope he keeps it up, but the last game was probably his best as a Golden Knight. Gallant went with his gut and put him and Eakin on the 2nd line with Pacioretty as a wake up call to Stastny.

He's very similar to Nosek, who's shown offensive flashes but just can't put it together to justify staying in the lineup as a regular.
Wouldn't say wake up call to Walnuts, more a wake up call to the American line as a whole, if we had to pinpoint somebody it's Tuch, who had just stopped producing at all prior to the Nashville game.

Lindberg has been good ever since getting scratched for that long stretch(and leading up to that his play was really bad), so while Turk says he made a mistake by scratching him for that long, it looks like Lindy received the message that he needed to step it up.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wouldn't say wake up call to Walnuts, more a wake up call to the American line as a whole, if we had to pinpoint somebody it's Tuch, who had just stopped producing at all prior to the Nashville game.

Lindberg has been good ever since getting scratched for that long stretch(and leading up to that his play was really bad), so while Turk says he made a mistake by scratching him for that long, it looks like Lindy received the message that he needed to step it up.

He might be a good solution as the 4th line C if Bellemare wants to explore free agency (Eakin would be the best choice).

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
All there is to say is Lindberg will be back in the NHL if he wants to, but he ain't getting $1.7m a year for what he brings. Feels like his agent better find him the right spot for next season or its time to go to Europe.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
All there is to say is Lindberg will be back in the NHL if he wants to, but he ain't getting $1.7m a year for what he brings. Feels like his agent better find him the right spot for next season or its time to go to Europe.

It's sad, because he is really close. He's fun to watch on the boards, but gets lost anywhere else. He's vastly improved over the course of this season imo, but I fear it isn't enough, and we may have seen his ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad