Confirmed with Link: Oscar Lindberg re-signed 2 years 1.7M AAV

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Nice affordable extension. Guys of his caliber are not too difficult to find, and a lot of the roles they fill can be taken by younger types who are cheap (particularly with this team in 3 years, as all the picks start arriving at the big club). But I like the stability added to the roster for the next couple years and we'll see what he can do to prove he's more than that.

This is another reason why I like all these midround picks they're getting too btw. Us fans tend to focus moreso on the earlier guys, but some of the mid to late rounders can play and might end up filling key roles for us. So keep 'em comin George!

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Nice signing.
I think there is quite some potential. Mostly 4th C in NYR, but he was centering the 1st for Sweden this spring, between Backstrom & Nylander, winning the gold in world championships, beating canada in the final.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
Pencil him in on the 3rd line. Good defensively and also good offensively. Could get 40 points this year and next. Big pay day in year 3.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
For those who know more than me, who's the better player between Karlsson and Lindberg?

Both seem pretty similar from my limited knowledge.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Needs to work on his defense, but his even strength production is fantastic.

I'd try him in the top six with second unit powerplay time.

If not, he's not terrible as your 3C.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think the upside is definitely there for a long career as a third line center.

Health and consistency are two more immediate milestones for him.

He had a hot streak his rookie season and his production decreased significantly as the season wore on.

This past year he had surgery and it took him a little while to find his stride, but he progressed.

I've followed and liked this kid for 7 or 8 years. If all the pieces come together, you're looking at valuable player and not necessarily one that is just a placeholder.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Interesting article on TSN mentioning Lindberg.

The list showed the players with the highest points per 60 from the 2014-2017 seasons who moved teams this summer.

Out of the top 10 guys, Lindberg was 8th, and Marchessault was 10th.

That seems to me that these guys may thrive in expanded roles.

Lindberg may even be a dark horse 2C in the future.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
More than a dark horse if you ask me. Showed with Sweden he can play with skilled guys and excel.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
More than a dark horse if you ask me. Showed with Sweden he can play with skilled guys and excel.

Did you see the games personally? Wasn't it with Backstrom and someone else?

Was he just the grinder / defensive guy on that line or did he drive play with them and create his own offense?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Did you see the games personally? Wasn't it with Backstrom and someone else?

Was he just the grinder / defensive guy on that line or did he drive play with them and create his own offense?

Yeah. I watched some of it. I´m Norwegian so I follow Norway then Sweden.

Correct. I´m not sure if he played with them in all the games, but he played with them when I watched.

Clearly he is not as good as Backstrom and he hasn´t got the "flair" that Nylander got, but he can play WITH players like that - not only supporting them. Certainly just not a defensive guy on a line with two strong point scorers.

The mentality seems to be a bit different in NA. Zuccarello is similar to Lindberg in the sense that he makes his line better as a whole. It took years before people realised that Zuccarello is actually quite good himself and now I think he is very well respected. Give Lindberg opportunities with good players and I think people will see he is better than most think. If he is good enough to be a 2C on a good team I don´t know (maybe). But 2C (or winger for that matter) on an average team I think he very well might be. Certainly those three swedes on a line in the NHL would be a very decent line on any team.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Yeah. I watched some of it. I´m Norwegian so I follow Norway then Sweden.

Correct. I´m not sure if he played with them in all the games, but he played with them when I watched.

Clearly he is not as good as Backstrom and he hasn´t got the "flair" that Nylander got, but he can play WITH players like that - not only supporting them. Certainly just not a defensive guy on a line with two strong point scorers.

The mentality seems to be a bit different in NA. Zuccarello is similar to Lindberg in the sense that he makes his line better as a whole. It took years before people realised that Zuccarello is actually quite good himself and now I think he is very well respected. Give Lindberg opportunities with good players and I think people will see he is better than most think. If he is good enough to be a 2C on a good team I don´t know (maybe). But 2C (or winger for that matter) on an average team I think he very well might be. Certainly those three swedes on a line in the NHL would be a very decent line on any team.

I like his career stats and the fact that he seems like a responsible playmaker that can enable certain other players to make aggressive moves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad