Speculation: Oscar Klefbom to NYR

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
we take a flyer on Klef at the right price, otherwise not interested
Puulj is not yet all that and a bag of chips -- he has potential to get there, but that remains to be seen, esp as to skating. He's not a mere throw in, but he is nowhere near Kreider or guarantee of Kreider on elc

Zuc for Fox + Cal 2019 1st is smarter

The deal here is not OP
but
Zib Skjei + Andersson
for
OEL + AZ 2018 unprotected

then

OEL + DeAngelo
for
EDM 2018, 2019 1sts unprotected + Puul + Klef

and if Oil don't want that, fine
Leafs etc will pay for OEL

What makes you think the Flames will give one of their top prospects and another 1st when they need more draft picks for another small LHS forward? Especially seeing how he's a free agent and is going to be over 30 and needing a new contract.

Reactions: zar

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
What makes you think the Flames will give one of their top prospects and another 1st when they need more draft picks for another small LHS forward? Especially seeing how he's a free agent and is going to be over 30 and needing a new contract.

I don't think some of you know Bernmeister... its best for all if you just scroll past.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If the Oilers trade Klefbom for anything other than a better Dman (obviously a plus on the Oilers side) then I will quit being an Oiler fan (and I have been an Oiler fan for more year than most of the posters on this board have been alive).

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
How much for Puljujarvi?
It would take a young top 4 D. The Oilers aren't really looking to move him, unless if they can get a young top 4 D back. When you look at the roster, the Oilers are severely lacking top 6 wingers. So trading away their best winger prospect wouldn't be the smartest thing to do this summer.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
How much for Puljujarvi?

Not really worth trading right now unless you're convinced he's a bust.

He hasn't been good but he's still very young and has all the tools, hasn't really shown he has the tool box to put it all together so far.

So the only reason you move him is if you're convinced he's a Rundblad and you want to get a Tarasenko before the world realizes he's a Rundblad.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Not sure if Fourth Period is a good source? They mentioned Oilers would entertain offers for Oscar. The Oilers need wingers .

To Oilers .....Zuke and Kreider

To Rangers...Poolparty and Oscar

I believe Kreider is best player out of the 4. We try to develop Poolparty. Oilers use Zuke for the year and make a playoff push and decide if he is worth resigning. Oscar cost controlled potential top 4? Rangers sign JVR to replace Kreider.
Oilers don't touch this
N5XSDrB.gif

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Puulj is not yet all that and a bag of chips -- he has potential to get there, but that remains to be seen, esp as to skating. He's not a mere throw in, but he is nowhere near Kreider or guarantee of Kreider on elc

The deal here is not OP
but
Zib Skjei + Andersson
for

then

OEL + DeAngelo
for

OMG horrible

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The Rangers don't touch that deal with a ten foot pole.

As much potential as Jesse has, he hasn't nearly lived up to it yet and Klefbom is a decent top-4 defender. There's no way I'd deal Kreider AND Zuccarello for that.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
It would take a young top 4 D. The Oilers aren't really looking to move him, unless if they can get a young top 4 D back. When you look at the roster, the Oilers are severely lacking top 6 wingers. So trading away their best winger prospect wouldn't be the smartest thing to do this summer.

Potential does not equate to a top 4 defender. PJ is a guy they won't be able to move and get their expected return because he is more valuable to the Oil than a team trading for him.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
The Rangers don't touch that deal with a ten foot pole.

As much potential as Jesse has, he hasn't nearly lived up to it yet and Klefbom is a decent top-4 defender. There's no way I'd deal Kreider AND Zuccarello for that.

Tough one for me. I would trade Zuc. in a second simply because when the Rangers compete again, he will obviously not be a part of it. He won't be resigned here.

Kreider could potentially be the captain of this team in 2018/2019. He means a great deal to the NYR as his injury solidified the free fall and ultimately rebuild. He has good value as well. Playing w/McDavid he would be a beast. But, for the right offer, I think he could be moved. I'm not saying this is the right offer.

I don't get too jacked up about the potential prospects have until they break into the league and actually do something. Some here might recall a guy named Yakupov?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Tough one for me. I would trade Zuc. in a second simply because when the Rangers compete again, he will obviously not be a part of it. He won't be resigned here.

Kreider could potentially be the captain of this team in 2018/2019. He means a great deal to the NYR as his injury solidified the free fall and ultimately rebuild. He has good value as well. Playing w/McDavid he would be a beast. But, for the right offer, I think he could be moved. I'm not saying this is the right offer.

I don't get too jacked up about the potential prospects have until they break into the league and actually do something. Some here might recall a guy named Yakupov?

If this is the return for Kreider, I'm ok with it.

I'd rather deal them separately and get more.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
What would Oilers fans realistically want for JP? I know he’s had a rough start since his draft, but what could be a fair value deal for him from the Rangers?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Not sure if Fourth Period is a good source? They mentioned Oilers would entertain offers for Oscar. The Oilers need wingers .

To Oilers .....Zuke and Kreider

To Rangers...Poolparty and Oscar

I believe Kreider is best player out of the 4. We try to develop Poolparty. Oilers use Zuke for the year and make a playoff push and decide if he is worth resigning. Oscar cost controlled potential top 4? Rangers sign JVR to replace Kreider.

Since when is his nickname Zuke? When I type it in , I get a hockey player named Mike Zuke :huh:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What would Oilers fans realistically want for JP? I know he’s had a rough start since his draft, but what could be a fair value deal for him from the Rangers?

Probably a young player further along in development?

Unless it's a package for an actual upgrade, I don't see Puljujarvi being moved until the trade deadline/end of the season, and that's only if he doesn't take a step forward. He hasn't had a full season yet, so no real reason to give up on him.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
What would be the Logic for Edmonton to get rid of Klefbom? They should be looking to add a top 4 defenseman, not get rid of them.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008

The deal here is not OP
but
Zib Skjei + Andersson
for

then

OEL + DeAngelo
for

Zuccarello is not getting Fox and 1st won’t even get yo7 one of them

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
What would be the Logic for Edmonton to get rid of Klefbom? They should be looking to add a top 4 defenseman, not get rid of them.
Because our right side has
Klefbom
Nurse
Sekera
Russel
Right side
Larsson
Benning
Sekerahad a bad yr this year flyer surgery, if comes back healthy he is a good second pairing.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

flames - win now mode
Zuc helps at nice price
first dibs option to extend

Fox may not sign, could turn college UFA = loss of/reduced asset
if he signs

the pick is delayed a yr
also it is one singe pick, not a slew of them

ps - this was not my original thought
there was some discussion of this in another thread

you should be able to pick up nice W prospects this draft and next.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zuccarello is not getting Fox and 1st won’t even get yo7 one of them

Zuc will command a later 1st in 2018.
Flames have to delay 1st a year, so they have to add.

Also, deal atm is for Fox rights, he hasn't been signed.
Acquiring club would take on risk he goes back to college, decides UFA route.

If you changed the equation by signing Fox, assuming he went there, then I'd add commensurately.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

The trouble with this, TODAY, and again, this is a picture in motion subject to change, a Skjei who has 1LD written all over him and fitting that so far is worth more TODAY than a JP hit/miss. Puulj can still get to this ceiling, but acquiring team should not crazy overpay for that at this point. I would gamble on the rest of him, but his skating at a top level is possible, but not yet evident.

Also, Skjeis do not grow on trees.

Jan 21, 2018
So a team that desperately needs D trades a D and doesn't even get one back.

Did you even spend 10 seconds thinking how the Oilers would benefit from this prosposal?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Trading Klefbom (Oilers best dman when healthy) away at his lowest value is a typical Chiarelli move.
Trading him for Kreider would be an okay move. Trading him and JP for Kreider and one year of Zuccarello would not be. Make it one for one, Klefbom for Kreider, and I would reluctantly accept, assuming that we have a deal for a #1RD at the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->