Orpik: 04-05 contracts not an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR1724

Jul 6, 2004
New York, New York
http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/penguinslive/s_351246.html

"From what I've heard it's pretty much all done, it's just lawyers writing it all out and some other small things," said Orpik, who has heard that an announcement is planned for Wednesday, the day after the baseball All-Star game.

Still, Orpik said the numbers he's been hearing have been in line with those being reported of late. The one thing contained in the Los Angeles Times report that he hadn't heard, however, was that the union is still fighting for 2004-05 contracts to be honored in the coming season.

"I remember at the last meeting we had, they said that wasn't an issue," said Orpik, a restricted free agent. "The PA had pretty much given up on that idea."

"Even guys who don't agree are going to vote yes because I think everyone just kind of wants it to be over," Orpik said. "It's to the point where they're so close there's no turning back. Everyone just wants to play."

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
It's especially nice to see this part:

Orpik said he can't imagine the players voting against any deal at this point.

"Even guys who don't agree are going to vote yes because I think everyone just kind of wants it to be over," Orpik said. "It's to the point where they're so close there's no turning back. Everyone just wants to play."

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I guess in the end Wednesday makes the most sense. The actual CBA document will be finalized tomorrow. Over the weekend the PA will have a meeting/meetings or have the document summarized on their website, so they can vote. The voting will probably go until Tuesday, then on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning the NHLPA's ratification will be done, while on Monday the owners begin theirs and end theirs on Tuesday.

Deal announced Wednesday, then it will be back to business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->