Opinions on these prospects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustynFoo

Oct 27, 2004
Hey you guys, I have my own opinions on these prospects, but I'd like to see your guys just to help me out alittle in my fantasy league......

Anton Babchuk
Dustin Byfuglien
Loui Eriksson
David Hale
Andrew Hutchinson
Nic Kuiper
Ross Lupaschuk
Wes O'Neill (my favorite prospect, I have him as Rob Blake Jr.)
Jeff Schultz
Matt Walker
James Wisnieuski
Steve Bernier
Erik Christenson
Matt Ellison
Vladislav Evseev
Gregg Hogeboom
Junior Lessard
Jamie Lundmark (using the term prospect losely)
Danie Paille
Liam Reddox
Jim Slater
Martin St. Pierre
Rickard Wallin
Kyle Wellwood
Miroslav Zalesak
Craig Andersson
Alex Auld
Magnus Akerlund
Julien Sprunger
Markko Antilla?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'll take Andrew Hutchinson.

He's a very good skater and has great offensive tools, good vision, control and shot. He lacks positioning and strength in the defensive zone. Andy's biggest problem is being an offensive defenseman in the Predators system, with guys like Kimmo, Zidlicky, Hamhuis, Klein and even Ryan Suter ahead of him. He did have some call-ups last year and scored some very timely goals but to make the team full time he's going to have to make some Mark Eaton like changes to his body and to his mindset.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
It's Marko Anttila. Well the guy is huge. 201 cm (app. 6'7" or 6'8", not quite sure) and 99kg (app. 220 pounds I think). He's quite unknown even in here. I've read, that his skating is smooth for a guy his size, and that he has hands that aren't made of wood. His stats in A-juniors: 12GP 5G+4A=9PTS, +6, 10PIM

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Lupaschak is nearing bust territory. His offensive game diminished this last year. His defensive game improved from what I hear. He's injured right now, but he needs to be a top defender for the baby pens this year if he plans to make the NHL. This year is make or break for him.

Erik Christensen has loads of skill. He led the WHL in scoring two years ago with 54G 54A 108P. He had a rough year last year, battling injuries and being traded. He recently scored his first AHL goal and was seeing some time on the top lines (pretty good looking at WBS's forward depth). He lacks consistency. If he could put his best effort out every night, he could be a first/second liner. He has a great shot, good vision, good skater, all the skills you could want in a hockey player. He just needs to be consistent and put it all together.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Loui Eriksson is a solid 2-way player, currently sits at 2g, 4a in 13 games on his team's(Frolunda) 3rd line. Should reach about 20 points or so this year, and is a lock for the WJC team. Has all the tools to be a 1st/probably 2nd liner(somewhere about 60 points max.) in the NHL, but unless he all of a sudden explodes, he's at least 2 years away.

CaptainBure

Sep 3, 2004
I'll take Lundmark, lets just say, that lundmark is one of those guys who has loads of potential,hes always been projected as a potential second liner,60-75 points. He is very speedy and is agreesive,uses whatever little body he has and throws it around, and usually gets his ass kicked. Regardless, the kid had a lot of potential, hes just never been able to mount on it in the nhl yet, and the Rangers,who thought this kid would be a second line anchor for years to come, are starting to worry about him. The next nhl season will be a make or break season for lundmark, hell have plenty of chances to play now that the team has been revamped and he is actually one of the veterans... If he plays well, then maybe theres some hope, if not, look for the Rangers to drop his ass like it was hot.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
If you have to take one of these players take Anton Babchuck and run. By far and away the best prospect listed here.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'll try Wallin:

Rickard Wallin- probably one of the oldest 'prospects' on your list. Has been in the AHL for a couple years and had a dominant line in 02-03 with Wanvig and Veilleux. Can play all three forward positions but is primarly a center. If there was a season, he would be manning the top line with Gaborik. Has good speed, and can collect garbage goals. Is a bit lanky but good speed. When everything is said and done, could be a top 6 forward but more likely a checking line forward that can pot between 30-40 points a year. Can score and assist.

JustynFoo

Oct 27, 2004
Chelios said:
If you have to take one of these players take Anton Babchuck and run. By far and away the best prospect listed here.

accually, those are all prospects on my team already, but I agree with you, right after O'Neil, babs is number 2

JustynFoo

Oct 27, 2004
DoobieDoobieDo said:
but more likely a checking line forward that can pot between 30-40 points a year. Can score and assist.

ugg, I hope your wrong, but do you really think he's strong enough to play checking line, cause from the group of games I've watched him play, he looks like a scoring line player or bust, diden't look all the physical, but I could be wrong

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
JustynFoo said:
ugg, I hope your wrong, but do you really think he's strong enough to play checking line, cause from the group of games I've watched him play, he looks like a scoring line player or bust, diden't look all the physical, but I could be wrong

Well Veilleux and Wanvig are checking forwards but Wallin compliments them well. I think he'll be a solid third liner. He's not a bust...he's a typical Euro but a little bit more physical.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
actually lundmark hasn't really been all that aggresive lately...he's got talent, and he could be a good player...but he seems to be losing the mental part of the game for some reason. when he first really made the rangers team, he played pretty well. he did alright until peca blew out his knee, and he hasn't been very aggressive and has just kinda floated since.

we'll see how he does next year but it's make it or break it time

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
X-SHARKIE said:
Hey I like Wes O'Neil as much as the next guy, aside from you :) but I can't see him becoming a Rob Blake...mabey a poor mans Rob Blake...but he reminds me alot of Mike Rathje, who is one of the most underated players in the NHL IMO.

Does anyone know the reason why he dropped so far this past draft year?

JustynFoo

Oct 27, 2004
Enoch said:
Does anyone know the reason why he dropped so far this past draft year?

From what I gather, there were some questions about his decisions with the puck! although I never really saw that as much of a problem with him, he has improved this year!

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
JustynFoo said:
accually, those are all prospects on my team already, but I agree with you, right after O'Neil, babs is number 2
O'Neill was a 4th round pick a few months ago and hasn't shown anything significant enough to move him up more than a round or two. He isn't even in Babchuk's class right now and most likely won't ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad